• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
okay here my question im using roxas sprites for my pokemon trainer overworld but everytime i put him in where the ruby trainer is suppose to be his colors change,and the other overworlds dont have the colors to make him look like he should so i cant use thier pallets ,how do i create a custom pallet for his over world as well as his other sprites please help this is the pivotal part of my hack?

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
^i think you can do that with JPAN's hacked engine.
now for my questions.
i inserted the hgss altaria overworld over the gamefreak logo (the one before the titlescreen) and it just comes up as
_______
_______
_______
^straight lines.
how do i fix that?

Chαmpion Leaf

Red? Who's that?
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2010
1. unLZ-GBA.
2. Instead of making patches, a smarter idea could be making a little tool. Even if you might use LIPS, LIPS cannot support expanded ROMs, which could be troublesome at times.
If you don't know how to make tools and/or you don't feel like to, then you could always use a hex editor.

1. Ah, excellent. I'll have to find the index by hand, I guess?

2. Yeah, I don't know how to make tools... as far as using a hex editor, how would I know which addresses to replace?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Just out of curiosity, how do you rom lock a Rom?

Like everyone else said, you can simply edit the header. However, if you really want to fool someone, you might try looking into repointing the map data (as I recall colcolstyles saying a while back in some thread). To use his words, that will fool all but the smartest of hackers.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Just quickly, how does the wild Pokémon rarities work in A-Map? I know the lower it is, the rarer, but is there any set % or something of each slot? In grass, btw.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
1. Ah, excellent. I'll have to find the index by hand, I guess?

2. Yeah, I don't know how to make tools... as far as using a hex editor, how would I know which addresses to replace?

1. Yeah, as I'm too lazy right now. Besides, it's better if you find it yourself, because the actual index depends on the ROM.

2. It's easy as long as you use a hex editor which has a compare feature. You take a ROM, copy it and then modify the overworld sprites you want. Then you compare the ROMs and there you go.

Like everyone else said, you can simply edit the header. However, if you really want to fool someone, you might try looking into repointing the map data (as I recall colcolstyles saying a while back in some thread). To use his words, that will fool all but the smartest of hackers.

Repointing map data? Nah, there are definitely smarter ways to fool all but the smartest hackers.

Just quickly, how does the wild Pokémon rarities work in A-Map? I know the lower it is, the rarer, but is there any set % or something of each slot? In grass, btw.

It should be like this:

1. 20%
  2. 20%
  3. 10%
  4. 10%
  5. 10%
  6. 10%
  7. 5%
  8. 5%
  9. 4%
  10. 4%
  11. 1%
  12. 1%

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Fudgecakes.

I can't evolve my Charmander. When it should say "CONGRATULATIONS, YOUR CHARMANDER EVOLVED INTO A CHARMELEON", it freezes. Could this be because I edited Charmeleon's name and pokedex entry in YAPE? D=

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
that dosent answer my question how do you create a pallay for a overworld sprite? please im begging you help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can automatically import a Palette when you import a sprite, however, it will overwrite a Palette already in-game.
I don't know any way of creating new Palettes, so I probably think you gotta overwrite one that already exists.

B.U.M.P
sum1 hlp pls!!!!!11!!!!1!!

You need to re-create the tilemap. Use Nameless Tile Map Editor for that and then insert the .raw file into the room with Unlz.gba. Not sure where it is though.
Look in the Tutorials section of the forums and look for a tutorial there.

Fudgecakes.

I can't evolve my Charmander. When it should say "CONGRATULATIONS, YOUR CHARMANDER EVOLVED INTO A CHARMELEON", it freezes. Could this be because I edited Charmeleon's name and pokedex entry in YAPE? D=

Depends, did you mess anything up? And is the name and PokéDex entry the only things you edited?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Does anyone know where the in the rom i can find the script (or whatever) that makes you automatically walk up after being taken in to professor Oak's lab, when you go up to talk to him with your rival to your right. i need to edit this so that he doesnt walk up soo far. can anyone help?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Does anyone know where the in the rom i can find the script (or whatever) that makes you automatically walk up after being taken in to professor Oak's lab, when you go up to talk to him with your rival to your right. i need to edit this so that he doesnt walk up soo far. can anyone help?
It's level script in Oak's lab.
You can find it in last bar of the map in A-Map.

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Set it as your script editor in Advance map, click on a sprite, and press "Open Script"

Set it as your script editor in Advance map, click on a sprite, and press "Open Script"

I have a question, now.

I'm trying to make a world map, but now I need NTME, but it's in a rar. file.
Is there another program for tile mapping or a way to get NTME as a zip. file?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back