• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Charging your phone/tablet

Years
Nowadays, most devices come with Micro USB cables to be used for charging, or transferring files to and from a computer. Alongside the USB cable, comes a plug with a USB port to charge the device by electricity.

So, how do you guys normally charge your phone(s)/tablet(s)? Do you charge them in the computer, or do you charge them in the wall/surge protector? When do you usually charge your devices as well?

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
The usual MicroUSB charger w/ surge protector. I had a molded LG Micro cable charger once, but now the lead has come all loose and won't work half the time. I never find that I get a good charge if I leave my phone charge off of the laptop. AC, definitely.

I really wish phone manufacturers and other electronics makers would tell you how long it takes something to charge, though. I'm afraid of overcharging stuff, even though I know that with some newer devices when the battery is full, the device switches over to AC power. (or is this a myth? *sweats*)

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
I charge my phone overnight, tablet whenever it needs to be charged.
I use a usb + wall adapter charger, which everything seems to include during purchase
I rarely charge them while on.

Also, I don't charge them by connecting them to my laptop; I don't really need to
Even my car charger is rarely utilized

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I use the wall outlet to charge my stufs, the only time I charge with the PC is when I put songs into my phone or just transfer files from whatever device I plug into my PC, lmao. Wall outlet is a faster charge.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Usually I charge my phone via wall outlets, when my phone's battery is low. Sometimes I charge it using my laptop because I want to transfer some data, or using it as the alternative charging source in case if the blackout happens.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I charge my phone via my laptop. This gives it a chance to back up anything I've done or update the songs I may have added to it. As for my iPad and nano, I usually charge them the old school way; plugging them into the wall. My iPad takes longer to charge on my laptop because it's bigger than my phone too. So, I prefer charging it by plugging it in instead of via my laptop. I charge my iPad almost everyday because it's constantly in use for my writing needs. My phone gets charged the same way, but it also depends on how much I've used my phone as well. It takes longer to charge too. My iPad can take about a half an hour or less to charge via outlet.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
The Surface Pro charger is like this

surfacepro-2nd-usb.jpg

So I charge both phone and tablet with it. On campus I tend to charge them when I'm studying in a library or something, if the battery gets low. Some lecture halls have outlets under every seat too, which is something I did not realize until this year. ~_~ At home I usually just keep them plugged in to a surge protector all the time.

Years
I often charge my iPhone by plugging the cord into an outlet in my dorm. Since its battery has been dropping really fast recently, I tend to charge it up more if it's not near full and i'm about to go out somewhere. But there are other times where it doesn't drop quick if i'm not using it, and when that happens it doesn't worry me.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I usually charge my phone overnight and I'll charge it at school during classes.
My alarm clock also doubles as a charger, so whenever I'm at home, I just leave it plugged in and take it out when I need to leave the house.

I'll charge my phone during school since I use it a lot especially since I have a lot of travel time between uni and home. Charging by computer or by outlet generally depends on which room or place I am in for a class. I prefer to charge by wall, but if there's none available I'll use my laptop.

Back