• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Going to address a few points here.

Having looked, all I've seen are three clear-cut offences leading to a ban. We do discuss any members who cause any undue issues, and I've seen nothing particularly unreasonable that would suggest our moderators were banding up just to persecute you.

Moderators naturally start out as members. The forum's higher staff select moderators based off their contributions, personality, activity, and how we think they could contribute to the forum. Contrary to what you suggest, we don't select moderators based on a wonderful amount of asskissing; nor do we select members who act like they know best and treat anyone else as a lower. Just putting that out there.

Calling my "offenses clear cut" and to see them labeled as severe misconduct is misconstrued to say the least. I never used vulgar language. I asked a question of a suspected troll. Asked another member how bad he wanted to be a moderator. And lat and possibly least I have my opinion on Dakota and never did I utter vulgarity and speak derogatorily towards him, simply listed what I didn't like about him in no detail or demeaning approach.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Well thanks for that explanation and for apologizing about the lack of replies during my ban. I just feel the rules I broke are pretty vague and aren't clear cut in nature. So for no one to see what happened to me and not think I was a little wronged is just mind boggling. And these conversations and actions of mine you speak of... What did I do wrong I asked questions gave my opinion on my page idk how that should play negatively towards my infractions, when in reality the infractions were the cause for all that.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I'd like examples of my non infraction actions that were a detriment to my case. I was never warned of my actions and no one said I was doing anything wrong and I can't seem to remember for the life of me what I did that would hurt me.
Thanks

Years
I'd like examples of my non infraction actions that were a detriment to my case. I was never warned of my actions and no one said I was doing anything wrong and I can't seem to remember for the life of me what I did that would hurt me.
Thanks
We have given you many responses as to why you were infracted and what you were infracted for. If you wish to resolve an infraction, take it to the person that issued the infraction. And if they don't resolve the problem, then take it to someone of higher staff (whether it'd be a super moderator or an administrator). Issuance of an infraction to a member is at the discretion of the staff member taking action. It isn't the entire memberbase's business to why you were issued an infraction, but rather only yours and the staff member that issued an infraction.

Just go back through and read your posts and compare them to the rules. If you reread them thoroughly alongside the rules, then I'm sure you'll be able to see clearly what you did wrong.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I would assume it's not right but one of the mods jokes about incest in their about me section, so I was just curios.

Where is this even at? I would love to know, honestly.

Years
And if what I did was wrong and this is acceptable I find ashore flaw in your system here.
I would like to see your reasoning behind why you think the way we have treated you has flaws. Your lack of reasoning just tells me that you're saying that to make us look bad.

You broke rules, simple. You wouldn't be in this situation if you didn't mouth off the staff member that issued you the infractions in public, even though you did so indirectly. You're treating the situation like you're the only one who matters, when clearly you don't. We don't simply target users the way you think we do, and you're just making the situation look worse on your behalf.

I'm sorry if I come off as blunt and rude, but I'm just giving you an honest answer and opinion.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Where is this even at? I would love to know, honestly.

See cc's page buddy he even explained it was a joke in vm's but still poor taste in humor I think. Don't really see how thats acceptable but my behavior is so severe I'm not making jokes about felonies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
See cc's page buddy he even explained it was a joke in vm's but still poor taste in humor I think. Don't really see how thats acceptable but my behavior is so severe I'm not making jokes about felonies.

Reading through it, it's not really that bad. I can understand incest making you uncomfortable, but his joke isn't there to demean people or promote incest. I know CC pretty well, and I know that he doesn't actually condone that kind of thing. I think you're reading too much into it honestly. Just relax a bit. :)

He's not really related to any of those people, by the way...just in case he didn't explain that. lol

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Perhaps others who got to know me wouldn't think I'm trying to demean ppl when I'm simply pointing out flaws and things I see that are wrong. My point is with all the sensitivity towards my comments to have that approach to a subject such as incest even if it's a joke just doesn't seem balanced or fair. But since he's a mod he's fine, that's the attitude I pick up on around here.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'll put you out of your misery with the explanation. He's not talking about real world sister, but a PC one.

See, on many forums like this one there's a thing called Pairing with members. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293847 People also pretend to have family members like a sister or whatnot, which is really just a way to say 'this member is a close friend of mine'. (And if you look at CC's signature, there's links to the members in question too - and you can't claim someone is your so-and-so if they don't agree to it either, for that matter). There's no actual incest happening. The joke is that they probably had that sister status beforehand, then CC changed pairs so hence he 'married his sister'. Given he stated specific member names on his profile, it's clear he's referring to the forum system, not making jokes about actual incest.

Which is pretty different to breaking actual forum rules by posting off-topic to a thread subject, or being rude to other members, which has been what your infractions were for and already discussed with you in PM.

But since he's a mod he's fine, that's the attitude I pick up on around here.
Explain that then, given my above explanation does not mention him being a mod. Any other member that joked about PC family/pairing system? That'd be fine. Seemingly all the problems you are trying to point out are about mods though, even if there's really nothing wrong happening.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Perhaps others who got to know me wouldn't think I'm trying to demean ppl when I'm simply pointing out flaws and things I see that are wrong. My point is with all the sensitivity towards my comments to have that approach to a subject such as incest even if it's a joke just doesn't seem balanced or fair. But since he's a mod he's fine, that's the attitude I pick up on around here.

I didn't say you were trying to demean him. I was saying that CC wasn't trying to demean anyone with his bio. If his bio were this, for example:

"I have sex every night with my wife who is my sister."

That would be wrong. What he has is nothing offensive or rude to anyone. I have seen non-staff members with much stranger things in their bios, including a guy that claimed to be married to Reshiram and another person who had a fetish for pillow pets. Much more strange than a small joke about incest, but they were still allowed to keep their bios with that info. And again, the people he's referring to are not actually related to him in any way, shape, or form. So it's not real incest he's talking about.

Again, I really think you're reading too much into this.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Bob or bill I'm in no misery pal thanks for your concern and rudeness it's much appreciated

And I talked to cc I was just raising awareness to the point of the matter, and how some behavior is accepted and other behavior isn't doesn't feel like a balanced system.

Bye I'm done here

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Kudos to staff for having to deal with guys like this and not shooting anyone.

Though, I will say that there is a double standard because staff do get away with more than a member would and I say that from first hand experience (I did). Though I don't really think the example he gave is very good because, I mean, I laughed pretty hard and made a face at my screen.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Thanks for making fun of me. Also aerial ace have you ever heard of contradiction?

For you two to jump in he middle of this and make fun of me is disrespectful I feel disrespected especially after mods prolly like your posts. One guy contradicts himself and agrees tho, that's progress even if he doesn't know he's agreeing

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'll deal with whatever the staff decide to do with my post and try my best not to post in here condemning them for whatever happens to me.

Thanks so much for your concern, though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
My thoughts exactly... I can't tell if he's serious. Or...

Oh, he's serious. Trust me. He believes what he believes and everyone else is wrong. We've been through that circle enough times to see how serious he is about it. A lot of us are trying to ignore the drama unfolding. Admin has already joined in, I think its best to leave it to them since they stepped in.

@Aerial Ace, Mods aren't the only ones that get away with things. You know for a fact that I have three in particular that I tend to complain about when they get under my skin. They get away with way more due to being subtle enough for it not to fall into infractions.

We are all humans. Each of us will let things slide that others may not agree with. You've been there when I disagreed and stood against staff decision despite nearly unanimous decisions. We aren't always on the same page and we disagree with how to run our own sections.

The key to it is always try to discuss the entirety of if to reach a compromise behind closed doors. I've nearly gotten infracted for less than what is going on here. Everyone just needs to chill out. Take the discussion to private venues, that is the only way that it'll be resolved. Current progress will only end in another ban or set of bans depending on who and how many get involved and how they take the information and react. This is not just non-staff members. I've gotten a minor chew out already for one post, but one admin while others don't see the harm in what I posted. A slap on the wrist is what I got, yes, because for what I did that was all that was needed. If I were to continue I'd get an official warning and then an infraction just like any other person.

Though, this again is not needed for public display. No one wins with self righteous wars against authority. The circle has been passed so many times I look to doing Math homework to keep myself entertained. It may be freshman college algebra, but still, math is a pain in the butt and I am doing it for fun just because of how stressed I feel with this.

Let's calmly drop the matter, take it to the proper procedures of contacting the Admins since they are now involved. They can deal with all the issues present.

Oh...also I've shot many people...my brother is forcing me to play Modern Warfare Ghosts before I break my controllers on Final Fantasy. My KTD ratio is horrible D=

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 3, 2019
For you two to jump in he middle of this and make fun of me is disrespectful I feel disrespected especially after mods prolly like your posts. One guy contradicts himself and agrees tho, that's progress even if he doesn't know he's agreeing

Quite a lot of what you have said on this thread and across the forum can be taken as disrespectful, so I don't know how you dare make yourself the victim?

Oh, he's serious. Trust me. He believes what he believes and everyone else is wrong. We've been through that circle enough times to see how serious he is about it. A lot of us are trying to ignore the drama unfolding. Admin has already joined in, I think its best to leave it to them since they stepped in.

Oh goody, only been back on the forum a day too...

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I am in fact serious but I apologize for doing in depth with this publicly I will testify that to Pm's and other more private venues. I will only say I've been asking questions trying to find out the line between right and wrong as I firmly believed didn't deserve all three infractions maybe 1 but a couple don't seem to me to cross the lines of unacceptable behavior. That being said I apologize to any boy I may have upset here my intentions were non malicious and I wasn't trying to "demean" or " disrespect" anyone. I will point out however with all the outside interference with ppl(ie. aerial ace) adding in their two cents all against me weather I'm right or wrong it is kinda bullying so with that known my actions were pretty controlled and I didn't get out of control or insulting and overly negative I was trying to be mature and mild mannered as possible.

But again my apologies to those who I got upset that wasn't my intentions.

I like this place and my actions are only to try to improve and understand the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back