• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Helloz,

Me and a friend have been interested for a long time in messing around with R/S/E roms to make our own game. The thing is, I've looked just about everywhere and I can't seem to find a way to compose our own music for the game. I've looked endlessly for some soundfonts from any of the games, and no luck.

So I decided to join this community since it looked like there's a ton of people here who know what they're doing with this stuff, =3.

Thanks for any help, I really do appreciate it.

There are tutorials on how to insert your own music into the game, though... Here's a list of some tutorials in the Tutorials section...

1. Magnius' Guide to Pokemon Music Hacking
2. Easiest possible way to insert music and loop!

I just want to be able to rewrite what oak says.

Use Advance Text then...

where about is it at? Or can I get a link? I searched for HackMew and all threads and the "tool box" and nothing there called A-trainer.

A-Trainer means Advance Trainer.
This tool is what you need, and it's created by HackMew, and you can download it in the Toolbox section...

Xeto

Pokemon Pro
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
Hello,

1.How do you get increasd items on the safari zone each time so you can get the better pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
When you use Advanced Map and click open script while under "events" it says "No script editor defined." Whats this mean? I wanted to change the Marowak at Pokemon Tower to something else so I was going to change the Pokemon in the script. I have XSE for making scripts but I can't figure out to edit one.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
When you use Advanced Map and click open script while under "events" it says "No script editor defined." Whats this mean? I wanted to change the Marowak at Pokemon Tower to something else so I was going to change the Pokemon in the script. I have XSE for making scripts but I can't figure out to edit one.

It means that you can't open any scripts in the game automatically with your script editor. To set XSE as you default go to: Settings > Choose script editor and then browse for the XSE application. Now when you click 'Open Script' while in the events tab it will open in XSE without you having to seach for it manually in XSE.

To edit scripts you need to open them up once you've done the above process and been able to view them in XSE. From there you can edit your text/ script whilst they keep the same offset. Be warned though, as you might unintentionally make the script longer (by adding to the text, putting in extra commands etc) so it outgrows the space it was originally written in. Make sure that you don't make it any longer, otherwise you'll have to repoint.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2012
Hi, I would like to add Celebi event to my Crystal hack but i have no idea how to do that. I wish it to be something like when you use Gameshark code to buy GS from mart and use activation code to allow event start. Editing pokemart is not a problem but I need some info about how to enable the event like offset number in Hex editor and what values to change. Thx
+ I wish to make all event pkmns shiny(including starters). But how to find event pkmns offset in hex editor and which bytes stand for their DVs?
Oh and also it would be nice to know how to edit base number of steps requiring for an egg to hatch.
I have these tools: golfinger, crystalmap

Last edited:

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
how do i change the over world maps pallet in fire red? i added a custom one and it comes out in several difrent shads of orange

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2013
I was wondering if it was possible using a fire red rom to make two different starting locations based on the gender that was chosen. I'm not sure how or if it is workable.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I was wondering if it was possible using a fire red rom to make two different starting locations based on the gender that was chosen. I'm not sure how or if it is workable.

Well, you can use the Elevators in the game as an example.

The warp tiles in the elevator point to a very odd map/bank.
The script on the button makes the map/bank of the warp change depending on the floor you choose.

You can do something similar, just place scripts around the floor of the exit of your "start room" (As this will only really work as such, lest you use the warp function in a level script)

The scripts check if you're a boy or a girl, then you just replicate the commands that change the map/bank of the door, and boom, 2 starting locations for boy and girl.

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
'-----------------------
#org 0x1634B8
lockall
textcolor 0x2
msgbox 0x817A2F8 '"Be gone[.]\nIntruders[.]"
callstd 0x4
special 0x187
compare LASTRESULT 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x81A7AE0
wildbattle 0x69 0x1E 0x0 0x0
waitstate
special 0x188
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x81634F5
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8163512
waitmovement 0x0
releaseall
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x1A7AE0
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x1634F5
msgbox2 0x817A30C '"The ghost was the restless spirit\n..."
waitmsgbox
checksound
cry 0x69 0x0
waitkeypress
waitcry
msgbox 0x817A342 '"The mother's spirit was calmed.\pIt..."
callstd 0x4
setvar 0x4059 0x1
releaseall
end

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x163512
#raw 11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw FE 'End of Movements

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x17A2F8
= Be gone[.]\nIntruders[.]

#org 0x17A30C
= The ghost was the restless spirit\nof CUBONE's mother!

#org 0x17A342
= The mother's spirit was calmed.\pIt departed to the afterlife[.]

I guess I'm not as good at scripting as I thought. This is the pokemon battle with marowak at pokemon tower in fire red. I was so sure I'd just have to locate marowaks number which would be 105 and erase it and put the number of whatever I wanted to make appear in its place. What am I doing wrong?
wrong thred dude, i would move it to the corect one but i dont have the power, i recomend copying it and moving it to the script help thred but thats what i would do but and the marowake battle is "special" and you cant change the battle for that sorry you would need to take out it's offset for this battle to work but im not completly sure about that

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
So... ive been looking around and i stumbled across JPAN, who is AMAZING! he was talking about a new fire red engine and in another thread he was talking about applying time of day and a berry function to firered. I was just wondering if there was some place that i could download a clean version of the game that had these functions without having to go through the hassle of learning how to ASM script?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
So... ive been looking around and i stumbled across JPAN, who is AMAZING! he was talking about a new fire red engine and in another thread he was talking about applying time of day and a berry function to firered. I was just wondering if there was some place that i could download a clean version of the game that had these functions without having to go through the hassle of learning how to ASM script?

I think he provided a patch for those...

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2011
Hi guys in thingy32,when I try to enter a new string;For example I will enter "Zaten kayitli bir oyun var" into "There is already a saved file".It happens like this :"Zaten kayitli bir oyun varile".How can I enter shorter or longer strings than the original,can you help me?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Hi guys in thingy32,when I try to enter a new string;For example I will enter "Zaten kayitli bir oyun var" into "There is already a saved file".It happens like this :"Zaten kayitli bir oyun varile".How can I enter shorter or longer strings than the original,can you help me?
I think you have to move the byte that means end around, or you could just put a couple of spaces in. ;)

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
how can i make the ow pic look like this
hgjg.png

but the pallet look like this
fghfhg.png

with out doing everything manualy (by that i mean changing the yellow with the black) if i made no sence! tell me to explain a bit more
if it helps at all im using fire red

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
how can i make the ow pic look like this
hgjg.png

but the pallet look like this
fghfhg.png

with out doing everything manualy (by that i mean changing the yellow with the black) if i made no sence! tell me to explain a bit more
if it helps at all im using fire red

You can only do it manually - Changing pallets will not ultimately change the ways the colours are arranged.

Replacing the colours manually isn't that hard anyway :/

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
You can only do it manually - Changing pallets will not ultimately change the ways the colours are arranged.

Replacing the colours manually isn't that hard anyway :/
ya i know but me lazy.....

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
in A-map, i noticed that pallets change in between cities. does this mean you have 12 different palletes for each city?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back