• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I am developing a Pokémon contest script for Essentials, for a feature in my game. Any help with it would be appreciated.

Oh, and I need a readable and editable copy of attacksRS.dat so that I can add the contest details to it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
A new version is available.

Changes:

Audio module was replaced with a custom one
More changes to adapt to "Graphics.width/
Graphics.height" convention
Various bug fixes in data compiler
Fixed bugs in animation generation routine
Added option "Use PC" to debug menu
Input module was replaced

For detailed changes, see this diff file.

Explanation of the strange error by Mrchewy:

The data compiler expects the text files in the PBS folder to be encoded
in UTF-8. If this is not the case, please resave all files to UTF-8 and perhaps
removing any square boxes or strange characters that may result.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
HUZZAH! MY PLAY TEST FINALLY WORKS!

Much <3 to you, poccil!

EDIT: Even better, you've finally released that fabled release with the 'fall-out text' fix! This day, is a good one ;)

Years
Erm...Is it fatal to update? It doesn't seem like much has changed, and I don't really want to update unless I need to.

It's not hard to update, all I do is copy the scripts from the Data folder, and if anything else is updated, then I just copy it over (including graphics and such).

-Krobe

[Edit] Poccil, is it possible for you to make it compatible with the latest version of SDK?[/Edit]

Last edited:

gotron228

^_^
Years
this has to be the greatest starter kit 1 week ago i was a noob at this stuff but now im intermediate lol
oh and what is the Sript taht has professor Oaks texts becuase I wanna edit what he says

EDIT:Don't worry i figured it out!

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
this has to be the greatest starter kit 1 week ago i was a noob at this stuff but now im intermediate lol
oh and what is the Sript taht has professor Oaks texts becuase I wanna edit what he says

EDIT:Don't worry i figured it out!

Lol, by the looks of things I think you're still somewhat a noob xD

No offense, of course: I'm somewhat a noob myself!

gotron228

^_^
Years
None taken man anyway Ive decided to create my own game by using his starter kit!

EDIT:Tie for the noob to come out lol how do I change the female character to ahve a different battle back instead of having a male battleback?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I re-iterate; is there any way I can see attacksRS.dat, or anybody who wishes to help me develop this contest script?

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
Years
Hi everyone,

I have a problem when connecting maps with animated tiles.
Such as Sea-tiles.
'Cause when I connect those maps, the animated tiles won't show the same animation on the same moment.
Like when the waves move down on the first map, the waves move up on the other.
And that looks... Well, not good.

If anyone could help me, please do!
If you don't understand what I mean, just tell, I'll upload a screenshot then.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Now that I've added a new type in PBTypes, could you tell me how I can set how effective each type is against another? And anything else there is to know.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2015
Lorem, id love to help you out with the contest script, but im only good at graphics and animations lol, so im working on all the attacks for poccil. Id love to help, what do you mean by contest? like the beauty contests in the games?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Like Pokémon contests, where you can have Cool, Beauty, Tough, Smart and Cute. I can't progress any further until I have the RSE contest background and a text version of attacksRS.dat, so I can add the Contest types to the list.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
It's in PokeBattle_Move and it's an array called PBTypeChart

The types go in order (as they are defined inPBTypes) from top to bottom and left to right.

0 = No effect, 1 = Not very effective, 2 = regular damage, 4 = Super effective

So for your new type you will need to add a new line at the bottom of that list with the relative numbe, as well as an extra entry in all of the other lines stating how effective those types are against your new one.

I hope that was thorough enough, I always worry that I'm being too tedious with details.

*EDIT* Actually I've noticed a few weird things about this, there don't seem to be enough entires in the chart... I don't know whether it's just me but there are 18 types (including the ??? one) and only 16 entries in each line...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back