• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Where did I say anything about cheating? I want to make the game harder (getting rid of the stat boosting/lowering moves that the ai spams, for one) and perhaps change some of the E4s pokes due to redundancy.

TWO WORDS: Nuzlocke. Challange.

If you want something THAT hard, well there you go.

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
Okay I am confused now. I have 7 badges, made it to Eagalou but I don't have strength which I seem to need. Can someone tell me where it is? And what to do after that up to the "safari warden" dude looking for his amulet as I have not found that either.

Edit: Nevermind. I found everything. Just facing the eighth gym now.

Last edited:

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
did anyone has made a walkthrough for obtaining the eggs and the keys? or pokemon locations?

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
aww...No matter what Red Rom I download...It keeps glitching when I get into a Pokemon Center...
This is exactly the problem I'm having. I've played Brown in the past and it has done this before, but it worked as soon as I tried a different Red ROM. This time however, no ROM will work. I've seen a suggstion on the net to change the file type from .gb to .sgb, but that didn't work either. Does anyone know how to fix the problem Aura Gardian Zach and I are having?

shihan42

Sciduck
Years
This is the first hack that I've downloaded and played, and I have to say that I'm loving it! Very well done! Keep up the amazing work, I'm really looking foward to prism.

BrandNew

Nostalgia~
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2010
First of all... wow. WOW! I've played several hacks before but the RjionSeries is the most amazing one. The plots, the designs, the difficulty, it's all oustanding. Thank you Coolboyman for such wonderful experiences.
Had to be said at least once.

I also have a few questions and I'd be really glad if someone answered them:
1. Which of the new typos are special and which are physical? I don't know if this was asked before, if it was, I'm really sorry.
2. Is it intentional for my Porygon2 not to learn any attacks? I thought it learned the same as Porygon did in Gen I.
3. Do the Eevelutions and the IV Gen evolutions learn the same TM's as their pre-evolutions do?

BrandNew

Nostalgia~
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2010
I'll test it out and post back results :D

My hero =D
If you are occupied with it anyways, could you tell me if Shadow Ball is in this game as a TM and if Eeve can learn it?
<- Aiming for Leafeon with Shadow Ball xD

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I think I recall CBM saying something about releasing a new version of Brown. Is this true or is it already 100% finished?

Years
I think that's Pokemon Brown in color, I think you'll have to wait after Pokemon Red in color first. Probably most likely after the next beta of Prism is released he will work on it, but I'm not 100% sure.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
Yes it is finished. The only things that need fixing are movesets for certain pokemon and various little things here and there. But it is fully playable and a lot of fun! :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2010
This message has been deleted by giradialkia. Reason: Asking for Roms

this is a misunderstanding, i am NOT asking for a rom.

i cannot get the patch (version 4.2 with final dungeon) to work.

so, i would like to verify the download using an md5sum (see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5sum --- i cannot yet post links, sorry)

it is basically a "fingerprint" of a file, often used to verify a download is correct.

the md5sum of my ips patchfile "PokemonBrown.ips" is:
d76adfebde7c85b49f886683dbe3d626

however every time i try to patch, the resulting rom doesnt work, instead it looks like this:
img687.imageshack.us/img687/9831/screenshotvba100.png
*sorry i cannot yet post links

again, I AM NOT ASKING FOR A ROM. i just want to find a reason to why i cant get the patch to work.

thanks,
bc54

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
this is a misunderstanding, i am NOT asking for a rom.

i cannot get the patch (version 4.2 with final dungeon) to work.

so, i would like to verify the download using an md5sum (see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5sum --- i cannot yet post links, sorry)

it is basically a "fingerprint" of a file, often used to verify a download is correct.

the md5sum of my ips patchfile "PokemonBrown.ips" is:
d76adfebde7c85b49f886683dbe3d626

however every time i try to patch, the resulting rom doesnt work, instead it looks like this:
img687.imageshack.us/img687/9831/screenshotvba100.png
*sorry i cannot yet post links

again, I AM NOT ASKING FOR A ROM. i just want to find a reason to why i cant get the patch to work.

thanks,
bc54

As far as i know, that's not a patch problem; it's a know problem with the game running on certain emulators (BGB), or platform (linux, mac).
It is something like this, isn't it?

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2010
wow thankyou!!

i think youre right because i just got it to work perfectly on a windows computer (the same rom that didnt work on my linux comp) and it even worked on my android phone (gbcoid emulator).

its odd, i remember playing brown 2009 on this same linux comp last summer (different emulator or version maybe?)

anyways all is well, seeing i mostly play using my phone and i could use wine if it starts to bother me too much.

thanks,
bc54

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
Well, i played through Brown again (as epic as always!^^) but this time, I've set myself a goal: Catching every Pokemon Rijon has to offer and complete that Pokedex!^^ I do have some questions on how to do that, though:

-1. My Tyrogue just evolves into Hitmonchan even when it has higher attack than defense! Why?^^ (I need to get Hitmontop!^^)

2. The info you get from that guy in the house you can only reach by surf about eevees (evolution of eevee is based on where it lived (example: Eevee from a forest = Leafeon) is pretty helpful, I never had any idea on how to get Leafeon before!^^ But I'd like to know how to get Espeon and Glaceon (I already tried it with an eevee from a cave but that turned into Umbreon), too!^^ Has anyone caught them? If yes, how?^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back