• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN FULL] Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning (T) [OOC +SU)

What would you like more of in this Roleplay?

• Fighting. More fighting!

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Character interaction. Get to know each other more.

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Deeper storyline: more drama, more comedy, more romance.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Side stories. A few adventures away from the main plot.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • More flexible plot. Plot decided in part by the RPers.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • The Roleplay is fine as is.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Hey, Issac is rather deadly. Even though the levees are much better this time around I would say that if they say get out you get the f**k out. Just make sure you let us know later on that you're still okay.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Hey, uh, guys? You're all supposed to go to the watchtower... through Sovereign's sandstorm. And Greiger, we'll do the planning when we reach them!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Well, it's called pre-planning Ray :D. Now everyone will know what to do when we get there and instead of having to explain to them over there Vigil can just count down and ta-da!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I think everyone just got a bit confused. Might have been my fault with my last post, but I'm gonna say they're all arriving in front of the watchtower next time I post.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Why would you part with the rest of us? If it was just for some combat, we'll have plenty of that later. For now, just stick with the Gold Tribe group.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
So, I decided to try and sign up. If I missed anything, or neglected to cover a specific detail, please let me know. Hopefully this character is one that would fit into this story. :)

Side: Silver Tribe

Name: Genevieve L'esprit

Title: The Siren (Bestowed upon her by others due to her ability to lure, create trust, and then betray them.)

Pokemon Species: Gardevoir

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Manipulative, cunning and devious. All are words commonly used to accurately describe Genevieve. A known seductress and tactician, Genevieve is not above using every potential asset to her advantage. Being an accomplished combatant is one thing, however, her mind is what truly excels in combat situations. Both in a physical and metaphysical sense, she uses her mind as her greatest of all weapons. Her mind aids her in such things as strategy, foresight and in a more physical sense telekinesis. She is extremely intelligent, one not to be underestimated.

In comparison however, she is not what one would consider the "best" front line combatant. Capable yes, one on one fair fights, no. Not that Genevieve pursues or even participates in "fair" fights. If she senses that a battle is not going her way, she will cut her losses and live to fight another day. What many would call cowardice, she calls intelligence.

In her mind, real battles are fought and won in the mind and manipulation of lesser beings. Kings and queens win wars, at the necessary expense of pawns.

She finds men to be quaint, and easy to manipulate. Traits that she uses to her advantage whenever possible. Men tend to underestimate her only at their own downfall. This pattern of behavior has caused the creation of her title "The Siren." One who is seductively beautiful and beguiling, who lures others to their own destruction.

That above all else is how she views others, disposable. Those under her, those who claim to be her equal, and even those who claim to be her superior.

A once passionate and loving creature, now relegated to suffering from internal torment and emotional wounds that refuse to heal. The power once used to protect those she loved and cared about, now a force of great peril and loathing. One would consider her abusive, coldblooded, and yet in a sense frail and exposed. It is not completely known what caused this dissolution of her personality. True feelings and love still remain, however they are used to her advantage. Once where her heart once harbored nothing but love and devotion, is now replaced by a blackness seemingly impermeable by any light.

History:
Born to two loving parents, Genevieve was raised in what can only be considered an ideal atmosphere. Nurtured and cared for to the extreme, these are two qualities that came to personify Genevieve herself. Raised in the countryside, Genevieve quickly separated herself from her peers. She was unwilling to hurt even a caterpie, the kindness and love in her heart knew no bounds.

Time moved quickly for her, as it seems to do when one gets older. The years quickly progressed, molding her into the individual she had wanted to become. The talents of her mind quickly became manifest. Many respected her as a prophetess and stood in awe of her clairvoyance. Her talents became known throughout the land, drawing many to her for demonstrations. The futures she saw however, were nothing more than a parlor trick, simple things deduced by her skills of observation and perception. These future predictions of hers, however accurate they proved to be, were nothing more than a charade.

She had never truly mastered the future sight ability, a source of great shame to her. This did not however, mean that her abilities were any less impressive. It wasn't long until many Pokemon, for many different reasons attempted to recruit her for one cause after another. Nothing truly appealed to her, many simply trying to use her for self gain. However, one day someone did make her a most tempting offer. The potential to use her abilities for good and protection of others. The chance to join a force called the Gold Tribe.

Genevieve jumped at the chance. She quickly began to train and achieve a many great things she previously thought unattainable by herself. Instructors were less impressed by her skills in combat, than they were by her skills in dictating plans and coordinating squad efforts. Not that they considered her an inferior warrior, just one who was better suited not serving as a vanguard on the front lines.

After many years, she did truly excel her in her capacities. She loved her comrades and the people she served under. The opportunity to travel outside the Alpha Alliance was one she jumped at. It is not known what happened to her from that point on until her return. She came back a changed Pokemon, the now conquering silver tribe razing the land and nation with her in tow with no objection. Many wonder what happened to her, the former loving creature now replaced with a damaged and broken conquerer.

Moveset: Psychic, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, Attract.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Oh, my god. I think I'm in love. XD

But seriously, it's good to finally have another Sentinel running around. Gardevoir happens to be one of my favorite Pokemon, so it will be interesting to work with you. Welcome to the Odyssey!

Also, your picture is very cool.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Claire- Well done SU. You are accepted. Watch out for a summary I'll be posting to you shortly, explaining what happened so far.

Also, as a note, with that last sign up, slots are now closed.

Also, as another side note to you all, I eliminated the '8' Sentinel number, so that would account for the larger number of Sentinels, making it easier. Nothing big in terms of news, but just thought you all should know.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Thank you everyone! Glad to be a part of this RP. Hopefully I can serve as a good addition. :)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@heretostay123- Are you sure you want to wait until the entire battle is over to be knocked out? You'll miss out on some epic stuff.

@NecrumWarrior- Alright, thanks for letting us know. Good luck.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
heretostay: Vegeta is right :3 if you don't want to stay out for the entire battle, my character can heal you

Back