• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Was Your First 4th Gen Game?

What Was Your First 4th Gen Game?

• Pearl

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Diamond

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • HeartGold

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • SoulSilver

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
What Was Your First 4th Gen Game?

Mine was Soulsilver! How about you?

1015_icon.png
0576i.gif

3797i.gif

soulsilver.png
4787i.gif

Last edited:

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
It still feels like yesterday when I got Diamond. I was sort of out of pokemon when 4th gen came out but I had a DS and I was always debating whether to get it or not, and one of my friends got Pearl for Christmas and went on and on about how good it was, so I eventually bought Diamond with money I'd gotten for Christmas and I was sucked back into the world of pokemon fandom and have never looked back.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
My first fourth gen game was Platinum! It was also my first go at playing the games by myself. I was really confused at how to play though. It took me ages to figure out where to go next or what to do so I constantly asked my sister or friends for help. ;v; However, I finally got through it so it became my first attempted and completed pokemon game of the franchise/fourth gen. :D

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 13, 2016
We got Diamond ages ago for my brothers DS. Even know I have played it about 10 times, I still find it fun

Years
My first 4th gen game was Pearl, which I got on release date. It's still the game with my longest time logged with 440+ hours to this day, even if nearly all of them were in 2007-2009.

pkmin3033

Mine was Diamond, which I imported due to the infuriating three month gap between the US and EU release dates. Mother and I flipped a coin over it and I wound up getting that one; neither of us had a preference between the Gen IV Legendaries. I imported Platinum and SoulSilver as well, but wound up buying my own copy of HeartGold when it was released over here alongside my mother...I loved SoulSilver so much. xD

Years
Mine was Diamond, and I did have fun playing through it although that game technically was my brother's, along with HeartGold (the ones that are mine are Pearl, Platinum and SoulSilver) but I still did enjoy exploring Sinnoh at the time even if he usually pushed me aside.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I believe it was Pokémon Diamond, and went through it for approximately two times in total. Next, it was Pearl. This, however, I did not get to finish; eventually, I wound up giving it to my friend, as she's never gotten chance to play any fourth-generation game at all. I'm glad I've given it to her, as it allowed us to battle with each other whenever we were free, trade, explore underground, and do lots of other fun things.

Later, I got Platinum, and it wound up to be my most favorite of fourth-gen, due to all its advanced features and whatnot. Pokémon Platinum--I've finished this game for about two times or so, like Diamond.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Man, you should've allowed multiple choices, 'cause I got both Diamond and Pearl on the same day as I got my first DSL.

But hey, since the first one I played was Pearl, I voted it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
My first was Pokemon Diamond. I loved it until I got Platinum, which is my favorite out of the 3 Sinnoh Games. After that I bought both HG/SS and Pearl. Just to completed my Generation 4 collection.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I got Diamond first, since Dialga looked pretty awesome on the cover of it. I loved it, and I think to this day it's the Pokemon game I've spent the most time on. The region, the story. All fantastic to me.
A year later or something I got Platinum, which is my favourite Pokemon game in general. It's basically what made Diamond good but a whole lot better. A masterpiece.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
My first 4th gen game is Pearl. I played this game for so long that it used to be my most played Pokémon game, with a total of 700+ hours. (It's now beaten by my Black file, which has a total of 999:59.) Platinum is my favourite 4th gen game, however. As much as I loved Pearl, Platinum had more fun things to offer and is faster in terms of saving and battling. Platinum even used to be my favourite Pokémon game until Black 2/White 2 were released.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
My first 4th gen game was Pokémon Platinum, I got one when I buy my Nintendo DS Lite back then, and it was enjoyable to play with, even though it was a new experience for me.

Years
I would always beg one of my classmates to give me Platinum, but she always denied me. So, on Christmas of last year, I got Platinum and the begging ended.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
If i remember correctly, my first 4th gen pokemon game is Pokemon Diamond that i got a birthday present from my uncle or maybe aunt? I didn't remember it clearly...then after that, i buy myself another Pokemon Soulsilver...hehe~

darkrai1381

Where I am
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 6, 2022
My first gen 4 game was Platinum but I was too lazy to train my pokemon so I never got to finish it.:)

Back