• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Um. I downloaded Beta 3 and was a bit disappointed there was no storyline progression. :/
Or... Is there and I missed it? I did notice some new events but... It just ended at the Angeallen freeze part again. Oh well, it was still a great replay.
Orrrrr... I downloaded the wrong beta? o.o The one I played had the old Angeallen OW sprite.

A few minor bugs I remembered:
-There's a NPC in the town where the grass gym is that doesn't have text. (When you click it, it says nothing).
-A few grammatical errors (did you noticed, etc etc.) all over. After did comes v1. :P
-Some of the original Ruby texts are still there. (Ex: Boulder City Pokemon Center, NPCs talk about Tate&Liza).

Again, good job, keep it up!

EDIT:
Nevermind. I'm a moron. I downloaded the wrong Beta. I didn't notice the new Beta is V4.1. I read Beta 2 Fix 3.1 as V3.1... There's not even Beta 3. Dammit. T_T
I'll give this another play soon. Still, take care of the above mentioned bugs if you haven't already.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I'm now in Vextra Forest...
And I gotta report some minor bugs :)
Sneasel's backsprite isn't correct, some text are larger then 35 characters so they go outta text bar :)

And by the way how am I suppose to complete quests? :D
It's interesting feature but it doesn't work :D (for example when I accepted Mirage Tower one and I found it and tower disappeared xD)

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
okay i found a strange bug it's the spoiler below

Spoiler:

Years
Pokemon like Scyther and Lucario give really weak EXP when defeated. I recall getting like 200 EXP from defeating a level 2x Lucario. You should fix that, too.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I found a bug, when I entered the Rainfall City pokemon center and I opened my pokemon summary
then closed it, I was the person at the top right corner of pokemon center and I could not escape.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I found a bug, when I entered the Rainfall City pokemon center and I opened my pokemon summary
then closed it, I was the person at the top right corner of pokemon center and I could not escape.
Yeah that happened to me as well... ya have to go to closest warp and that way you can escape.

Necroflame : Yeah I agree with ya... I was very disappointed when I beat Luc and got like 240exp but I guess it's because of replaced pokemon.

By the way djg will you be changing icons of replaced pokemon? (For example Sneasel who has Grimer's icon)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'm now in Vextra Forest...
And I gotta report some minor bugs :)
Sneasel's backsprite isn't correct, some text are larger then 35 characters so they go outta text bar :)

And by the way how am I suppose to complete quests? :D
It's interesting feature but it doesn't work :D (for example when I accepted Mirage Tower one and I found it and tower disappeared xD)

Haven't tried carrying a Sneasel. So I might try and check that. Thanks~
And yeah. I am aware of those out-of-bound texts. I'm too lazy to fix every single one of those right now. xD
Quests aren't finishable(lolwut?) in the current beta. You can enter that tower after you collected all 8 symbols, which will be later~

okay i found a strange bug it's the spoiler below

Spoiler:

I see. I guess I'll have to double-check their lurnable(word?) moves again. Aw well.
Thanks~

Pokemon like Scyther and Lucario give really weak EXP when defeated. I recall getting like 200 EXP from defeating a level 2x Lucario. You should fix that, too.

Really? I haven't noticed. Kk, I'll check on that issue.
Thanks~

It's Rainleaf, and damn, I forgot to script that Old Lady's script event.
Sigh... Thanks for the info.

By the way djg will you be changing icons of replaced pokemon? (For example Sneasel who has Grimer's icon)

Yeah, I do plan to change those as well, but later on in a next beta, I guess?

Years
This is a really great hack, Destinedjagold.
Although...
I hate you for making everything so far away from each other XD.
But I remember seeing you say you were inspired by something, so whatever, it's all good. I like the face-sprites when talking to Masters or their Pokemon, that was creative.

Years
I have found some bugs.

Aroma Lady Connor has a Sprinephy, and Claire in Oceanshine has a Amorswan.
You can access Coral Sea and battle people with Baby Lugia and Misdreavus.
When you Surf to Hevah Academy you will be able to go to another island with the Ryan event/Academy not destroyed.

That's all I have for now.

Years
A few bugs:
-The Empire Knights on the east of Fortune Valley are actually bug catches with level 26-28 monsters. Nothing really lethal, but they should have removed scripts... I was surprised to fight 2 of them while looking around the (awesome) detail of the castle.

-Tile bug:
rdlogbeta401.png

This applies to like 8 other tiles around this one... It's escapable though.

That's it for now. I'll report more if I find any.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Can you make a new Guide Tool? I have no idea where to go after
Nicolas' event.

Anyways, here's the whole lot of glitches I've found:
Spoiler:

That's all of the glitches I've found so far...
Also, I think that Nicolas, Richard, Light and the Guradian Masters' OWs should be changed,
like when you've did with Ryan and Kevin's OWs.
Their OWs are nicely sprited.
I would like to see how the above people have the same result
with Ryan and Kevin.

Years
Seeing as the help thread in Scrapbox seems really inactive. I'll post it here.
Where does beta 4 end? Because I just finished my 2nd battle with Jimmy after the airship crashed and now I'm stuck on what to do. Solved by reading first post....Only 1 question now, how do I evolve Frozzel? Mine is already lvl 43.

Edit: xD wow, just realised I was the 1000th poster on this thread (btw Vanitas~ on next page, did you say your the 1000th? Cause your the 1001th poster lol)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back