• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen July Coro-Coro: 5 New Pokemon + Xerneas & Yveltal typings + Oorotto

Guy

just a guy
Years
Am I the only one who thought of Woodmon and Cherrymon from Digimon when they saw the sketch art of Oorotto? In any case, I find it hard to believe that it'll be a pseudo legendary and even less likely Chespin's evolution.

Woodmon.jpg
3458816323a5934393945l.jpg

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Am I the only one who thought of Woodmon and Cherrymon from Digimon when they saw the sketch art of Oorotto? In any case, I find it hard to believe that it'll be a pseudo legendary and even less likely Chespin's evolution.

Woodmon.jpg
3458816323a5934393945l.jpg

No....alot of people thought of those two. I think me and Twilight Sky were the only two to think of Treeface from Dragon Quest which actually looked closer to the second/third art attempt XD

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
You know, after reading the last few pages of this thread, seeing all the artwork and everyone's speculation on Oorotto, I've came to a few conclusions.

First off, I do not seeing Oorotto being a legendary, or even a pseudo legendary, at all. It looks cool, sure, but doesn't seem to be pseudo legendary status to me. And I do not see Game Freak showing off another one of the legendaries so early. Not happening.

Secondly, based on the latest two artworks, and what someone said earlier (can't remember who, sorry) about this generation getting a lot of Dark types and Fairy types, I sort of changed my opinion on Oorottos typing. I can still see it becomming Grass/Ghost, but, know, I'm thinking maybe Bug/Dark. I mean, we have already seen a bunch of new type combinations, Bug/Dark is one that hasn't been done yet. So I can definitely see this thing turning out to be Bug/Dark.

Lastly, I can kind of see this thing turning out to be a Sudowoodo evolution, but, I wouldn't count on it. It just doesn't look like it should be, but, because of the whole tree aspect, I can see it.

Guy

just a guy
Years
No....alot of people thought of those two. I think me and Twilight Sky were the only two to think of Treeface from Dragon Quest which actually looked closer to the second/third art attempt XD
The resemblance is uncanny. Then again, I guess there's only so much you can really do when you make a monster out of a tree.

Lastly, I can kind of see this thing turning out to be a Sudowoodo evolution, but, I wouldn't count on it. It just doesn't look like it should be, but, because of the whole tree aspect, I can see it.
In its PokéDex entries, Sudowoodo is said to appear like a tree but is mostly composed of rocks rather than vegetation. To me, from the sketches Oorotto seems more of a living tree than a rock replica of one. I can also picture Oorotto being another Grass/Dark or Grass/Ghost type, neither of which I think Sudowoodo would evolve into; a Rock / Fighting type would seem more fitting.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Secondly, based on the latest two artworks, and what someone said earlier (can't remember who, sorry) about this generation getting a lot of Dark types and Fairy types, I sort of changed my opinion on Oorottos typing. I can still see it becomming Grass/Ghost, but, know, I'm thinking maybe Bug/Dark. I mean, we have already seen a bunch of new type combinations, Bug/Dark is one that hasn't been done yet. So I can definitely see this thing turning out to be Bug/Dark.

Where does the Bug aspect come from though? The other ones make sense, there's a definite Grass look, it looking like a tree and all, then a very morbid and obscure look, which would make sense for a Dark or Ghost type. Bug though, I don't see how it relates to the design.

A Bug/Dark would be sweet to have, but I don't see this Pokemon being that.

flufflepuff

Fluffle Puff
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
I saw Dark/Flying as Yveltal's type coming, like 5 months ago. Yveltal's signature move (Death Wing) sounds cool, but I have a feeling it'll be toned down to something else in the English version, like Dark Wing or Night Wing.

I was surprised when I learned that Xerneas was a pure Fairy; it doesn't even look the part, other than its antlers.

Regarding the 5 new Pokemon, I like Koronda the best out of them. I also can't help but wonder why the squids aren't Water type.

Yeah, I agree. Xerneas doesn't really look like a fairy type, but pretty much everyone saw flying/dark for Yveltal.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The bug aspect is coming from the first person that saw it and reported it to the fansites.
He and another said it was "spider-like" this is why people are saying it is part bug.

blue

gucci
Years
Six generations of Electric type leaders, Four generations of Bug leaders and yet still none with Dark types... I can't figure out the logic behind that.

Years
Going by its name, there are a couple of words you can pick out. オーロット (Oorotto) contains ロット (rotto) rot. That points to a Grass/Ghost combo since plants rot when they die. There's also a possible Poison relationship here, too. The beginning of オーロット is also similar to オーロラ (aurora) which points to an Ice-type, though that seems unlikely given the images we've seen. The beginning of the name, オー, is probably also related to 王 (which is pronounced the same: oh) which means 'king' and is in a lot of Pokemon names like オーダイル (Ordile / Feraligatr), ヌオー (Nuoh / Quagsire), and ホエルオー (Whaloh / Wailord), and ユキノオー (Yukinooh / Abomasnow). Or, like it says on Feraligatr's Bulbapedia page it could stand for "王 ō (king), 皇 ō (emperor), or 大 ō (large)". Basically, it's big and powerful.

Years
Just because a pokemon is a Pseudo doesn't make it better, I'm sure that there are many non Pseudo that can take some down fairly easy, one being glaceon (Glaceon being ice can take down alot of them) oorottto might be a pseudo, but still might not be that threatening at all.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
There's a new Gym leader, with the robot arms, called ****oron (シトロン) while the other Gym Leader is called Zakuro (ザクロ)
Have we confirmed what swear word got censored out of the full name there? Might need to adjust the spam filter.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Six generations of Electric type leaders, Four generations of Bug leaders and yet still none with Dark types... I can't figure out the logic behind that.
Well not counting Surge it's 5 generations of Electric, and 3 of Bug if one leaves out the Gen II remakes, either way your point still stands...however we still have five more gym leaders to go, and there's a slight chance Grant may be Dark (I think he's rock though).

blue

gucci
Years
Anyone have any ideas on Grants type as gym leader?

If he's the guy who is into the sport then the only way I could associate a type to him would be Rock since he loves Rock Climbing, although it would be a little tedious to see yet another Rock type gym leader. I'm hoping he's a Normal type or something a little more interesting... Obviously I would love for him to be a Dark type gym leader but I think that ship has sailed ;;

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Grant may be fighting since it says he is good at sports. I do hope we see a dark type gym though. We still haven't seen one. And the guy with robots arms might be steel type. Looking at where he is standing though, he might be a Psy Gym Leader.

blue

gucci
Years
Grant may be fighting since it says he is good at sports. I do hope we see a dark type gym though. We still haven't seen one. And the guy with robots arms might be steel type. Looking at where he is standing though, he might be a Psy Gym Leader.

Idk his appearance tells me he could be an electric type leader, we saw a yellow Gym Symbol upon the Eiffel Tower which indicates we probably have another Electric type Gym Leader.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Clemont (the guy with the mechanical arms) looks like he can be the third gym leader.
Grant seems like he could be second.
Lumiose city looks like it can be the third city with a gym, and Lumiose's gym symbol is yellow and Lumiose has to do with light which implies Electric, so I think Clemont would be the perfect gym leader for it as he looks like an electric gym leader.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yeah, I saw a bigger picture of him and it seemed that the room he was it was lights. I was originally looking at a smaller picture. So he could be electric.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
The bug aspect is coming from the first person that saw it and reported it to the fansites.
He and another said it was "spider-like" this is why people are saying it is part bug.

Really? I haven't read that anywhere... but then again, I'm not on the Japanese websites or anything. Even so, I would imagine they'd make it resemble (if the sketches are at all correct lol) a little more like a bug and less like a tree lol.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
sounds interesting the idea of a dark type gym leader, since they left that type only for those at the elite 4 since II Gen (Karen gen II, Sidney gen III, Grimsley genV).

Another third electric type gym again: (gym #3 Lt. surge, Wattson) in gen IV changed to be #8 (Volkner) and in Gen V #4 (Elesa); i think electric type deserve to be at least once in the elite 4.

Back