• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I am a little skeptical on past pokemon in regional dex. I am a little cunfused honestly. The region is in France/Europe yet we saw old pokemons in the trailers. What's up with that ?
A drawback in Black and White and something I don't think was taken well by old fans was that we had no access to obtaining old Pokémon until post-game. This is something they managed to fix in Black 2 and White 2. Even though the region is set to take place in a different country away from where Unova and the rest of the regions are located, it doesn't necessarily mean that old Pokémon have to be cut off like they originally did in Black and White.

Black and White were more or less a reboot to the franchise, so they wanted us to play the games like they were a brand new start completely. Since we're now passed the reboot, and GameFreak is now evolving the world of Pokémon as they say, it only makes sense to at least include some of those old Pokémon for fans to use.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I hope they do something like Ruby/Sapphire, where yes they added new Pokemon but they put old ones into the Pokedex and whatnot.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
About the gym leaders in the previous page: I do hope there's a Dark-Type leader in this new generation. We're seriously lacking one and as far as I know, it's the only type that doesn't have a gym or a gym leader. As for psychic, I also hope for that one too. It better be as easy as Sabrina! xD

For past pokemon returning: I really don't have a preference at this time..to be honest :x

blue

gucci
Years
iirc the Region Dex in Black & White consisted of only Unova Pokemon, it was the Region Dex in B2W2 that introduced Pokemon from different regions.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Am I the only one who liked being forced to use new Pokemon? XD Oh well.

^That's correct; BW2 expanded on the Dex much like Platinum had ('course, I still find it silly how DP's Dex didn't even include all the new Pokemon).

Anyways, I wouldn't mind if old Pokemon showed up again. Maybe someone brought them back from a voyage or something? XD;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
QUESTION: is the Europe thing confirmed? Everyone seems to be talking about it like it is but I never saw anything like that in the video. Was it a tweet or something?

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Am I the only one who liked being forced to use new Pokemon? XD Oh well.
you're not alone!

QUESTION: is the Europe thing confirmed? Everyone seems to be talking about it like it is but I never saw anything like that in the video. Was it a tweet or something?

It was a series of hints I believe. In the trailer Pikachu is shown on the Eiffel Tower, the Starters Names are french-y(?), and I believe there was another tower in the trailer that looked like the Eiffel Tower.

Edit: The starters named are based off of things that are French-related such as Chestnut - Chespin, Forgs - Froakie, and Fennet -Fennekin.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Uhhh Fennekin is very obviously based on a Fennec Fox, which is found in Africa, not Europe...

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Personally I don't relate chestnuts and frogs to France/Europe, but eh. Part of Chespin's Japanese name (Harimaron) comes from "maron", which is one way of saying "chestnut" in Japanese, but could also come from the French word for chestnut, "marron". I also still think there could be a double meaning in Fennekin's English name, too, where kin = kindle and kind/German word for "child" XD; Dunno about Froakie, though.

Also, not too many of the Unova starters were very America-y :B Heck, even Team Plasma seems like it'd suit this region better than Unova XD;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah it just seems like everyone is taking this for granted when there's very little proof it's true. Kinda weird is all.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
About the gym leaders in the previous page: I do hope there's a Dark-Type leader in this new generation. We're seriously lacking one and as far as I know, it's the only type that doesn't have a gym or a gym leader. As for psychic, I also hope for that one too. It better be as easy as Sabrina! xD

For past pokemon returning: I really don't have a preference at this time..to be honest :x

Dark, or "Evil" Type Pokemon are too powerful for a regular Gym Leader. Elite 4 or Nothing!!!

Psychic Type Gyms are a problem since so many pokemon have Bite and Crunch.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Dark, or "Evil" Type Pokemon are too powerful for a regular Gym Leader. Elite 4 or Nothing!!!.

...But we've had Dragon gym leaders, and I'd say Dragon types are quite powerful ^^;

Gym-wise, there one building the female's in is probably a Psychic gym, and it looks like there could be Grass, Bug, and Fire gyms as well. You have the male swinging on vines in what looks like a manmade area, you have him landing on a spiderweb with trainers on platforms all around, and you have him running past pillars of fire, so yeah. Of course, these could be other buildings, but I doubt they're any of the routes or caves or whatnot :B Definitely hope for a Dark gym, too :< And no Water gym, please.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd be actually nice to have a Water-type Elite four specalist; in fact, maybe they can have like, an Elite Four that represents 'alchemy' - something that studies the elements of life, assuming that this game can represent a more 'fundamental of life' theme.

Like say, the elite four can consist of Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying (which is the closest to wind)?

Then again, I would really like to see a ground gym too...

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Yeah it just seems like everyone is taking this for granted when there's very little proof it's true. Kinda weird is all.

Here's the thread in which they were talking about it. They're just speculating with little information we got. I don't think they're taking it as hardcore, solid proof.

Years
Well, it's very European in appearance. The cobblestone roads and all. And all the French-specific things: Pikachu on the Eiffel Tower, the Eiffel Tower surrogate in the screenshot, the building the girl trainer is running from in the preview looks a lot like Versailles, the starters (foxes like the French fable of Reynard, chestnuts, and frogs).

I guess you could make an argument that all this is just European in general, that the Eiffel Tower is just a very recognizable thing in Europe. But I have to think that if they were going with something more generally European they'd have shown something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back