• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
^ Yeah kind of like the rematches against the E4 were,when they had two extra pokemon and some replacements.
Well I can say this now, I don't think there will be a Dark type gym this time around.
It's fairly unlikely at this point, but it could still happen. Bearing in mind that so far we only know of five confirmed gym leaders, leaving a possible maximum of three entirely new gym leaders (although this is unlikely, as mentioned). Burgh, Clay, Brycen and Drayden/Iris may not make comebacks at all. I remember someone earlier in the thread mentioning that Burgh's gym badge curves downwards at a sharper angle than the silhouette of the third badge in the picture of Cheren giving you the basic badge. Chances are it probably is Burgh's badge, but you never know.

If Grimsley is confirmed to remain a member of the E4, I think the chances of a Dark type gym are essentially eliminated.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
In one of the recent trailers they showed Opelucid city (Black version) so chances are that Drayden and Iris might be returning (then again that doesn't really mean they will be gym leaders seeing how they show Clay's city on the map).

blue

gucci
Years
Well the fact that Drayden appeared in the anime makes me think that he may be returning in the actual games, whether that be as a gym leader or not I don't know. He could have easily upgraded to an Elite Four Member or even Champion, it does suit him after all.

Years
Even if he appears in the anime it doesn't mean that he'll necessarily appear in the game. But if it does it could simply be in a role similar to the professor, to give you information and help you out.

I do think it would be better to see him in the E4 though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm guessing we may actually see rematches! c:
Homika is shown to own a Garbodor in the anime, so maybe this means that she will have a Trubbish, and later in the games we actually get to see the Gym Leaders with improved teams! Of course this is me shooting in the dark at this hope I have, but it'd be fun as heck!

blue

gucci
Years
I'm guessing we may actually see rematches! c:
Homika is shown to own a Garbodor in the anime, so maybe this means that she will have a Trubbish, and later in the games we actually get to see the Gym Leaders with improved teams! Of course this is me shooting in the dark at this hope I have, but it'd be fun as heck!

I'm pretty sure they will be, I was kinda surprised they were excluded from Black & White but they usually save the rematches for the third game so hopefully there will be.

Years
I'm hoping for Gym Leader rematches given that Homika is the second Gym Leader yet she has a Garbodor in the anime.

I agree with Jellicent, she might have a Trubbish along with Koffing is this was the case.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
New Rumor says Burgh is still third Gym, so so far they are still in the same order if this is true. Which really questions where they are going to put Shizui.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Because so far we have five confirmed (normal,poison,water,electric, and flying) and if one takes a look at the badge case it seems as if Burgh will be returning making it 6 and Brycen will make it seven. I'm guessing that Iris will stay but you never know...so Clay be or may not be in...
There's two games so I'm pretty sure Iris and Drayden will be the last Gym Leader, the one varying on which game you get. I mean why wouldn't they do that?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
New Rumor says Burgh is still third Gym, so so far they are still in the same order if this is true. Which really questions where they are going to put Shizui.

If the rumor does come true, I think Shizui could be the 5th gym leader. Some of the past 5th gym leaders had 3 Pokemon with them (Fantina, Clay, Norman)

Years
New prediction time for Gym order:

1. Cheren
2. Homika
3. Burgh
4. Elesa
5. Shizui
6. Skyla
7. Brycen
8. Iris

(Drayden goes to the Elite Four, plus it gives gender equality to the Gym Leaders)

So, what'ya think of this prediction?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If the rumor does come true, I think Shizui could be the 5th gym leader. Some of the past 5th gym leaders had 3 Pokemon with them (Fantina, Clay, Norman)

This is asuming that b2w2 doesn't follow BW's trend and give gyms 3 to 8 only three pokemon. Personally I'm hoping Shizui is 7th or 8th.

Years
Well if Burgh is really third as rumored than chances are that Shizui is fifth or seventh (if Brycen doesn't take the role for these games). I'm guessing that Iris and Drayden will keep their positions if the rest of the returning gym leaders do as well.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I'm hoping that they include Lenora and the other replaced Gym Leaders in the storyline, and that they don't just disappear and that there's a reason that they've been replaced :x

It seems kind of odd to me that Gamefreak would just add 2 Gym Leaders and not completely redo all of them, so I hope there is a reason.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Oh... I don't really want to see Burgh. At least it kinda would spread it out though in terms of new things to see early on, since you have Cheren as a leader, Homika as a leader, Elesa's redesign--hmmm so Elesa would be fourth then. I guess that wouldn't be too bad. :(

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Eh, I don't really care for Burgh all that much. Though if he is a Gym Leader once again, I'd hope to see a better variety of bug Pokémon given to him.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I can't stand Burgh. He was so annoying. I hope he has better hair, if he is back. Those curls looked stupid on him. BURGH WAS STUPID, OKAY? I agree with Kaori, I want him to have better variety. His team was terrible.

blue

gucci
Years
So if Burgh is returning then that means the only leaders who are yet to appear is Clay, Drayden, Iris & The Trio so obviously one of those are going to be excluded considering there are only two spaces left.

Years
So if Burgh is returning then that means the only leaders who are yet to appear is Clay, Drayden, Iris & The Trio so obviously one of those are going to be excluded considering there are only two spaces left.
Well they've shown Drayden we simply don't have a confirmation about him.
Lenora seemes to have been replaced. My guess is the trio is gone so that leave Clay or the dragon gym leaders. I wish Drayden was confirmed one way or the other, it'll be much easier to narrow down...

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I can't stand Burgh. He was so annoying. I hope he has better hair, if he is back. Those curls looked stupid on him. BURGH WAS STUPID, OKAY? I agree with Kaori, I want him to have better variety. His team was terrible.

I also agree. I just don't see the point of a bug gym. I think a Steel gym would be epic in Castelia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back