• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The secret of the Move Camera Script (and extras)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Lol.
Try decompiling the script using XSE and click on the "level script" button, then post here.
Oh, wait. You don't use XSE, sorry can't help you then.
you seem angry from the annoying pms since you seem really well...stingy with the message.
Now i was wondering if the movements in XSE are the same than as in pokescript.
I accidentally removed the page for the movements and don't want to download XSE again, so i am asking you.
it would be appreciated, if you could answer soon.
I also tried to compile it into a FR rom, but it said lockall is an unknown keyword.
I don't think its supposed to happen so can you tell me whats wrong?

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
hey adiktus you don't see or why
i prescise special: 116 and 117 is for emerald /113 and 114 for fire redand leaf green
I made this tutorial for FR/LG/R/S not emerald!!!
I tried making an xse version script,decompiling it, and clicking level script, but it still didn't work. Do you think it might have to do with the fact I put in a pokemon center?
There's more to XSE than just "@" . What do you mean, doesn't work?
you seem angry from the annoying pms since you seem really well...stingy with the message.
Now i was wondering if the movements in XSE are the same than as in pokescript.
I accidentally removed the page for the movements and don't want to download XSE again, so i am asking you.
it would be appreciated, if you could answer soon.
I also tried to compile it into a FR rom, but it said lockall is an unknown keyword.
I don't think its supposed to happen so can you tell me whats wrong?
Yes, why wouldn't they?
What kind of error message was it?
Lockall is a command, in fact, it's 0x69 in hexadecimal. Maybe you typed it wrong, that's my only guess on why...

But here's an Update!
An offical Pokemon eruption script. A combination of level script and move camera script.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXUhuuMHyis

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
But here's an Update!
An offical Pokemon eruption script. A combination of level script and move camera script.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXUhuuMHyis

Enjoy!
Nice video, it's a good idea. :)

Also, your Level Script guide is very nice, however I never did my level scripts like that. Then again, I taught myself, since nobody loves me...

Still, very nice addition, can't wait to see what else you can come up with, if anything.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
#dynamic 0x802000

#org @begin
Message @level
callstd 0x6
setvar 0x4000 0x1
release
end

#org @level
= This is a level script.

That. It gave me the same result as the 1st script.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
#dynamic 0x802000

#org @begin
Message @level
callstd 0x6
setvar 0x4000 0x1
release
end

#org @level
= This is a level script.

That. It gave me the same result as the 1st script.

Are you changing the "Script Offset", in AMap, to the offset XSE gives you for "@begin"? Thanks probably the problem.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Nice video, it's a good idea. :)

Also, your Level Script guide is very nice, however I never did my level scripts like that. Then again, I taught myself, since nobody loves me...

Still, very nice addition, can't wait to see what else you can come up with, if anything.
You did? So did I, xD
I experimented until I got it right every time, what other way were you talking about? Was it through hex?

If @begin is the 802000 then yes I did.
What kind of map are you using? Is it a Town map, like pallet town, or an indoor map, like the player's room.

If it's pallet town, then you have to enter pallet town from a house or from a path(e.g. Route 1)
If it's the player's room, then that might not work sometimes. I haven't mastered Level scripting yet, so I have to see why things like this happen.

Megiddo-san

Years
It's a pokemon center. It's ok. Adiktus helped me fix it. The problems are that a-map's level script tool is buggy and that 0x4000 resets to 0 when you exit the map. So it happens again.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
It's a pokemon center. It's ok. Adiktus helped me fix it. The problems are that a-map's level script tool is buggy and that 0x4000 resets to 0 when you exit the map. So it happens again.

I don't think so, you must know that the game itself uses some variables, so I'd say for you not to use 4000 & 4001, maybe the 8000s as well. Try variables starting from 7000.

Megiddo-san

Years
Don't use 4000. The event will happen more than once. Goto the grayed script offset in a hex editor. You should see something like 004000008008. If there is FFFF after the 08, change it to 0000.

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
Don't use 4000. The event will happen more than once. Goto the grayed script offset in a hex editor. You should see something like 004000008008. If there is FFFF after the 08, change it to 0000.

Finally it worked!!
Thanks Megiido.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Well, I have my own concept of "Map Scripting". It works well. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it does and that's all that really matters. But you know, you can do map scripting in advance map 1.82 or anything lower. All you need to do is look in the advance/professional view of the header and it's all right there. But I guess it's easier for noobs that there's a map scripting box. It kind of ruins the fact that only masters can do it though...
And it's also kind of annoying because it took me like, three days to learn and master it and now I can't do anything without my hex editor. Good thing Ultraedit never expires for me! :P So you'd understand what the bytes like 03 FF FF FF 08 04 FF FF FF 08 02 FF FF FF 08 00 represent in the hex editor huh?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Well, I have my own concept of "Map Scripting". It works well. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it does and that's all that really matters. But you know, you can do map scripting in advance map 1.82 or anything lower. All you need to do is look in the advance/professional view of the header and it's all right there. But I guess it's easier for noobs that there's a map scripting box. It kind of ruins the fact that only masters can do it though...
And it's also kind of annoying because it took me like, three days to learn and master it and now I can't do anything without my hex editor. Good thing Ultraedit never expires for me! :P So you'd understand what the bytes like 03 FF FF FF 08 04 FF FF FF 08 02 FF FF FF 08 00 represent in the hex editor huh?
Yeah, I do now

E.G.
03 FF FF FF 08 = Level script #3(on entering map), FF FF FF 08 = Pointer to script
04 FF FF FF 08 = Level script #4(validates values, and loads handler to 0x03000F28), FF FF FF 08 = Pointer to script
02 FF FF FF 08 = Level script #2(validates values, and loads handler to 0x03000EB0), FF FF FF 08 = Pointer to script

02 and 03 are the most used throughout the game.
04 is really for Immediate activites, they have only been used for "spriteface 0xFF 0x2"

But it's really up to people to experiment. I do not have time, you know, my hack, my programs, and my tutorials. xD

how's that for :P lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
XD well, compared to how I insert level scripts previously (manually), this way is more practical because it somehow saves some space.. O.o

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Well, I just wanted to know does anyone need anything to be added to this tutorial?

@adiktus: I see, your the level script inserter of a few hacks, which is pretty much not needed because, it is so easy. You make people think you can do these advanced things, when they're not really.

Ozumas

Creatos Golden Sun/Silver moon
Years
WTF!
I don´t know if you get the script of my tutorial, but ...That my tutorial was made long ago is therefore think that I was the first that it knew, or I think.

To say, that script you can see the camera script in the script of Ho-oh in FR

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Well, I never knew about the one in Wah, I knew how it was done, but I was using the wrong specials before.

- HackMew -'s XSE reminded me of it, then I asked him, and then I tested, and experimented. Until I perfected it. So no, I did not know about the one on Wah, I can't even read spanish, xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
how can i made a level script, that the message always apear?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back