• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Scrap the Aggron USC(Which I never got round to :P) I'd like to try a Abra->Kadabra->Alakazam run on Soul Silver. One quick question though, can I use my starter to train him to lv.16+ on the sprout tower trainers as Abra doesn't learn any moves until level 16 after he evolves.
Yeah, if you're have a really weak Pokemon that either has no means of dealing damage (Abra, Ralts against Poochyenas in RSE, etc.) or your Pokemon just flat out sucks, you may use your starter to help them along. You can't use your starter for any important battles (no rival fights, Gym Leaders, etc), but you can train on Wild Pokemon/I guess trainers if you really wanted.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Final Update for USC!

Diamond update #5, FINAL!!!

Started from Sunnyshore City:

Spoiler:

Some final screenshots of the Hall of Fame, Fireheart's final stats, and my Trainer Card.

ultsolochamp.png
ultsolofireheartdiamond.png

ultsolodiamondtrainerca.png

Team Cyrus (Final):
Spr_4d_059.png

Fireheart the Naughty Arcanine, - L76 @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Crunch, ExtremeSpeed, Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse

Hm slaves in the box:
Spr_4d_054.png

Pain the Mild Psyduck, ♀ - L23
Slave Moves: Flash, Rock Smash, Strength, Dig
Spr_4d_400_f.png

Derp2 the Sassy Bibarel, ♀ - L19
Slave Moves: Cut, Surf, Rock Climb, Waterfall
Spr_4d_396_f.png

Wings the Careful Starly, ♀ - L11
Slave Moves: Fly, Defog

ANNNDDD.....The Ultimate Solo Challenge is now OVA!!! Fireheart rocked throughout.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Congratulations to jdthebud and his friend Fireheart! They will be added to the list as our newest USC hall of famers!

Hallylicious

アラン
Years
After defeating Brock I healed Zenny and headed off on the long Journey to Cerulean city. Defeating every trainer i came across with ease.
First thing i did in Cerulean city was heal Zenny at the local pokecentre then challenged misy.
A couple toxics and she was defeated.
I then went up Nugget Bridge and defeated My rival with ease, along with every trainer i came across.
I saved Bill from being a pokemon forever and scored a SS ticket.
I went straight to the SS Anne and challenged my rival once again. Winning with ease.
I got cut and taught it to my Cut slave (Sandshrew).
Challenged Lt Surge and won with a few Bubblebeams much to my surprise as i tought i was going to have trouble.
I discovered team rockets secret hide out challenged ad defeated them.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Party:
Spr_3f_073.png
L41
Zenny the Mild natured Tentacruel
-Water Pulse
-Attract
-Bubblebeam
-Toxic

Spr_3f_027.png

-cut

Spr_3f_016.png

-Fly

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I may do another ultimate solo challenge, but not till the rest of my current ultimate challenges are done. Not sure which one to use either. Can make my Kingdra HG run part of an Ultimate or do I have to do it in order?

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Hey, long time no updating!
Played a few more during Christmas holidays, a little update for you.

Name: Haru.
Badges: 8.
Pokèdex: 5.

Defeated N and Geechisu, now exploring some Unova cities and Routes of aftergame stuff, then I'll took on E4 again, with Adeku this time! =D

330.gif

Lv. 63
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Toxic
Fly

644.gif

Lv. 50
Dragon Claw
Strength
Extrasensory
Cross Thunder

501.gif

Lv. 7
Cut
Surf
Waterfall
Dive (later)​

TheUltimateFail

The Failure
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2011
Finished the Kanto part of my Rattata solo:
Pokemon-FireRed10.png
Pokemon-FireRed11.png

Pokemon-FireRed12.png
Pokemon-FireRed13.png

Pokemon-FireRed14.png

Final Team:
Mr. Amazing- Lv. 88
Blizzard
Shock Wave
Secret Power
Hyper Fang​

HM Slaves:
Rattata:Cut
Squirtle: Surf, Strength
Pidgey:Fly​

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
I'm joining this challenge please:

Name; Xilfer123
In Game Name: Tony (seperate it like this T Ony then take away Y and replace with e T One then the defenition of that T stands for The, The One, as in, the one pokemon, LOL)
Game: Sapphire
Pokemon: Vibrava, it may seem pretty stupid, but i have confidence in my Pokemon that i can do it!
I will update further as i go.

Banner:

Attachments

• Vibrava.PNG
    Vibrava.PNG
    2.2 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I finished my Linoone run on Ruby only Roxanne en Parahax wattson where hard the rest was thanks to TMs pretty easy

linoonerunchampiondefea.png

linoonerunhalloffame.png

Bruce
pkrs013.gif

lv. 90
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Strength

An yes i captured a shiny wingull...:\

I very liked a solo challenge so i'm doing another one. Not just a Solo challenge But i'm starting an Ultimate Solo challenge with... Octillery!

I'm going Fire red - Gold - Ruby - Diamond - Black

I'm gonna hack him in all games. Let's get started!

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Well, congrats! here's how i'm going.

I'm in Mauville City, i skipped the second gyn cuz i kept losing, i'll go back when i'm stronger, i already cheated in a Trapinch because i couldn't get it before the first gym, it's been doing great, it's lvl29 now it has a timid nature,it's nickname is Ven and it is female.
May was a real pain in the ass! she had wailmer and shroomish to leave me crumbling and Combusken to finish me off! eventually i won by critical hitting Combusken with sand tomb, i tell ya my girl has a high critical hit ratio.
Anyway, i'm gonna keep going now.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Gonna start a Girafarig solo run soon on LeafGreen. It may be an Ultimate run if I like him enough.

Ok, started my game on LeafGreen.

Spoiler:
Am currently in the middle of Rock Tunnel.

Team Gerry:
Spr_3r_203.png

Palin the Sassy Girafarig, ♀ - L40
Ability: Early Bird
Moves: Confusion, Stomp, Secret Power, Thief
Spr_3f_035.png

Clefairy the Quirky Clefairy, ♀ - L10
Slave Moves: Flash, Dig
Spr_3f_083.png

Ch-Ding the Adamant Farfetch'd, ♂ - L10 @ Stick
Slave Moves: Cut
Spr_3f_007.png

Aquaslave the Brave Squirtle, ♀ - L7
Slave Moves: None Yet

Last edited:
Years
Well, I've decided to do a run of Leaf Green with Koffing->Weezing, wanted to choose somethign I knew would give me a challenge as well as using a pokemon I've never done before. If I like him, maybe do an Ultimate too! So here we go:

-Chose Charmander, now known as 'Cut master', and defeated Red's Squirtle
-Went through Oak's parcel quest blah blah got Pokedex
-Wild Pokemon modifier to find wild Koffings, caught one named 'Noxious'
-Grinded in Viridian Forest to lvl 11, then decided to just go ahead and face the gym armed with Tackle, Poison Gas and Smog
-Beat the trainer, Noxious to lvl 12
-Managed to poison Brock's Geodude with Smog first round, only lost 6 health when it fainted due to MANY defense curls by geodude
-used poison gas, then kept hitting onix. Luckily Rock Tomb missed on the last turn leaving me victorious with 6 HP left!
-Battled through the trainers up tp Mt Moon, saved at Pokecenter in front

Dunno how to add screenshots yet, anyone can help me there?

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Dunno how to add screenshots yet, anyone can help me there?
You need 15 posts first. Welcome to PC, mamo!

Another update on my Palin's (Girafarig) run of LeafGreen. I am flying through this game.

Mostly just screenshots this time. Started from Rock Tunnel.

Spoiler:

Am about to go through Victory Road and beat the Elite Four/Champion.

Team Gerry:
Spr_3r_203.png

Palin the Sassy Girafarig, ♀ - L84 @ Leftovers
Moves: Psybeam, Return, Crunch, Thunderbolt
Spr_3f_008.png

Aquaslave the Brave Wartortle, ♀ - L19
Slave Moves: Surf, Rock Smash
Spr_3f_036.png

Clefairy the Quirky Clefable, ♀ - L14
Slave Moves: Flash, Dig, Strength, Softboiled
Spr_3f_083.png

Ch-Ding the Adamant Farfetch'd, ♂ - L11 @ Stick
Slave Moves: Cut, Fly

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Ok, here's how i'm going:

Well, Ven's evolved to Vibrava now, made her hold an everstone and cheated in a mew to be my HM Slave.
she's about lvl 36 now, going good, my mew is lvl 16.
compeleted a pokemon contest cute normal rank, couldn't do super rank because i didn't have the right moves.
Currently in Meteor Falls just past the team aqua scene.
compeleted the third gym and went back to bust the hell out of the second gym too.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2011
I would like to start an Ultimate Solo run with Farfetch'd.

Also since Farfetch'd cannot be obtained in any game before the first gym, I will just hack it into every game, as soon as you can catch pokemon.

I will use Fire Red -> Heart Gold or Crystal (depends if I can get HG to work on emulator) -> Emerald -> Platinum

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Beat the Elite Four, then after doing the Sevii Islands arc, I beat them again. I was trying to get Palin to L100, but it didn't happen...ended up 389 exp points away from L99 lol.

Pics below!

Spoiler:

And the requisite ending screenshots:

solohofchamp2.png
sololgstats.png
sololgtrainercard.png

Team Gerry (Final):
Spr_3r_203.png

Palin the Sassy Girafarig, ♀ - L98 @ Leftovers
Moves: Psychic, Return, Crunch, Thunderbolt
Spr_3f_008.png

Aquaslave the Brave Wartortle, ♀ - L23
Slave Moves: Surf, Rock Smash, Waterfall
Spr_3f_036.png

Clefairy the Quirky Clefable, ♀ - L14
Slave Moves: Flash, Dig, Strength, Softboiled
Spr_3f_083.png

Ch'Ding the Adamant Farfetch'd, ♂ - L11 @ Stick
Slave Moves: Cut, Fly

I am gonna make this an Ultimate Solo Challenge. G,S, or C next.

theoblivinator

1337 Poisons
Years
  • Age 32
  • Iowa
  • Seen Apr 30, 2022
I am not dead!

It has definitely been awhile guys. I got to play a lot on the drives we took during my vacation, and got another ten hours of play time in or so. I sorta lost my notes on what happened so I'll try to remember the most interesting parts.

I left off heading towards Hearthome. I polished off the Ghost Gym with ease thanks to Crunch. Next I headed towards Celestic Town and took care of Team Galatic.

Surfed to Canalave City, trained in the Iron Mine, and topped the Steel Gym. Btw you would think there would be plenty of steel types the trainers would use, but everyone has an Onix instead... pretty lame. Well Bryon fell a whole lot easier than his son did way back at the beginning.

Then I did the whole lake quest, beat the commander, headed off towards Snowpoint City to help my rival and beat the ice gym. Both were too easy. This isn't even a challenge anymore....

Destroyed Team Galactic in their headquarters, defeated Cyrus, who gave me a Master Ball 0.0? Well I'm about to head up Mt. Coronet and kill Dialga, who needs a legendary when you have a Drapion that wrecks the game?

Current Team:
Eve the Drapion
Level 62
Adamant Natured
Item: Poison Barb
Ability: Battle Armor
Attack: 154 Defense 163: Sp. Attack: 83 Sp. Defense: 119 Speed: 148
Movset: Crunch, Cross Poison, Earthquake, Ice Fang

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2011
Update 1:

I'm an idiot. I accidentally just deleted my entire huge 7 paragraph update of my and Kendo going through the first three gyms together. Epic fail. Here's a much much much shorter version from my memory. =/

Spoiler:

Team:

n4xu9c.gif

Kendo The Farfetch'd Level 35 @ Stick
-Fury Attack
-Peck
-Swords Dance
-Fury Cutter

CH'DING the Farfetch'd HM SLAVE
-Peck
-Sand Attack
-Cut

HM MASTER the Squirtle
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Bubble

Years
I'm starting the ultimate challenge right about... now. My other challenge is getting BOOORING so I'll take that and this on and off.

I'll be going Leaf Green -> Shiny Gold (Hack approved by Myrrhman) -> Sapphire -> ????? (I'll figure this out when I get there)

My pokemon of choice? Kecleon!!! :D

Though I did seriously consider Shedinja. Think of how hard that would BE. But no, I'm going with Kecleon :)

And here goes my first update.

Pregame:
-Hacked Kecleon into being every pokemon found on route 1. (I dunno how to change starters lol)
-Renamed Hacked version Kecleon Green

Gametime:
-Bla bla talking, bla bla pokemon...
-Named myself XGTR. (Clan tag on Black ops. lol)
-Named Rival KOSH. (My friends clan tag. :D)
-Chose Squirtle (Possible HM ***** for later)
-Received Pokedex
-Caught Kecleon (Relaxed Nature, Color change - ability)

Alright! Next update will be my battle against Brock.

EDIT: Ok, took Brock down. I'm done for the night with this :P

My Pokemon:
Kecleon: Lv. 14
-Tail whip
- Faint attack
- Astonish
- Scratch

Brock's Pokemon:
Geodude: Lv. 12
Onix: Lv. 14

Brock: Bwahaha! All my Pokemon are rock hard, just like my... determination! Bwahaha!
Me: Dude, it is WAY to late for me to care about your... determination.

*Kecleon uses faint attack and takes out Geodude*

Me: Man, I used to think you were the hardest gym leader.
Brock: I am though.
Me: No, look how easily-
Brock: No - I am the HARDEST-
Me: AH SHUT IT.

*Kecleon does to his Onix the same that he did to Geodude*

Me: Ok.. how about that badge.
Brock: I've hidden the badge on me. You have to find it.
Me: .... You know what, I don't think I want it anymore. I'm going to bed, it's late.
Brock: Yeah... you do that. ;)
Me: O.O On the other hand, staying up all night sounds good too!!!!
Brock: *Sigh* Just take the damn Boulderbadge.

*Boulderbadge received*

Last edited:
Years
Leaf Green Solo with Weezing - COMPLETE!

Well, as the line above states, managed to beat the E4 and Champion Solo with Weezing. I can't upload any screenshots yet, need to do some more posts first, but I'll give you some details until then:

'Noxious' the bold, female Weezing
level 87
Thunderbolt, Sludge, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower

'Cut Master' the naughty, male Charizard (grinded against only wild pokemon/double battles so he could learn fly)
level 37
Flamethrower, Fly, Cut, Strength

'Surfin USA' the sassy, male Dratini
level 23
Surf, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage

Okay, some quick details on the E4 battles:
Lorelei - Dewgong, Slowbro and Lapras to Thunderbolt; Cloyster and Jynx to Flamethrower
Bruno - Onix x2 and Hitmonchan to 2x Flamethrowers each; Himtonlee and Machamp to 2x Sludges each
Agatha - Gengar x2 and haunter to 1 Shadow Ball each, Golbat and Arbok to 1 Thunderbolt each
Lance - Gyarados and Aerodactyl to Thunderbolt; Dragonairs x2 to 2 Shadow Balls, Dragonite to 3x Shadow Balls
Red (Rival) - Pidgeot - Thunderbolt; Alakazam - Shadow Ball; Arcanine - 2x Thunderbolts; Exeggutor - Shadow Ball+Flamethrower; Rhydon - 2x Shadow Balls; Blastoise - 2x Thunderbolts

I think I'm going to have to not make this into an Ultimate, it was fun but would be too boring to do over 4 games, especially since Weezing's movepool is pretty limited in terms of solo play - Selfdestruct, Explosion and Destiny Bond don't really work well when you're trying to play by yourself XD Can anyone give me an idea for a pokemon that has a large enough movepool and stats in both special and physical attack to back it? And I don't want to do ones like Nidoking, I want to do something unique. I know it's a big ask, but it's kind of the reason I chose Weezing in the first place.

Anyway, that aside, could someone please add me to the list of winners for Leaf Green?

EDIT: I'm going to do another run, starting from Red, with Lickitung. Wish me luck!

UPDATE: Lucky the Lickitung and I are through the first 5 gyms with ease, lucky at about lvl 57 after 4 hours of sped up play. Moveset is Body Slam, Stomp, Thunderbolt and Bubblebeam, though the latter will be replaced with Surf in a moment. Lickitung is AWESOME!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back