• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Code:
if 0 0x837550
You have no data assigned to that offset, which is the reason nothing is happening.

so were do i need to put that?

You already have it in your Script.
You have to change the offset, to match the one you used for your "givepokemon" part, which is 0x8001E0.

Years
You already have it in your Script.
You have to change the offset, to match the one you used for your "givepokemon" part, which is 0x8001E0.

ok i changed the script

#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x93F
if 0 0x8001E0
if 1 0x837590
end

#org 0x8001E0
message 0x8004F0
boxset 0x2
givepokemon 0xFC 0x09 0x00
setflag 0x93F
end

#org 0x837590
message 0x8006D0
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x8004F0
= Here a Rioru its a rare pokemon in the Shinou region

#org 0x8006D0
= And do you like Rioru?

but now i see a text box with no text and then it disapear and i get my pkmn but if i talk to it again it will give me another one how can i let him stop giving me pkmn

o and how do you insert your own trainer sprites?

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
ok i changed the script

#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x93F
if 0 0x8001E0
if 1 0x837590
end

#org 0x8001E0
message 0x8004F0
boxset 0x2
setflag 0x93F
end

#org 0x837590
message 0x8006D0
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x8004F0

#org 0x8006D0
= And do you like Rioru?

but now i see a text box with no text and then it disapear and i get my pkmn but if i talk to it again it will give me another one how can i let him stop giving me pkmn

o and how do you insert your own trainer sprites?

Try this one:
Code:
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x93F
if 0 0x8001E0
if 1 0x837590
end

#org 0x8001E0
message 0x8004F0
boxset 0x2
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
setflag 0x93F
end

#org 0x837590
message 0x8006D0
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x8004F0

#org 0x8006D0
= And do you like Rioru?

I just compiled it, and it's working fine for me.

For the Trainer sprites, use the search function.
And once the Tutorial forum is back up, you will find a nice tutorial about it there.

Years
Try this one:
Code:
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x93F
if 0 0x8001E0
if 1 0x837590
end

#org 0x8001E0
message 0x8004F0
boxset 0x2
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
setflag 0x93F
end

#org 0x837590
message 0x8006D0
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x8004F0

#org 0x8006D0
= And do you like Rioru?

I just compiled it, and it's working fine for me.

For the Trainer sprites, use the search function.
And once the Tutorial forum is back up, you will find a nice tutorial about it there.

i hate my sapphire rom it is still giving me unlimited rioru's

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
It's possible that the Flag you chose is already in use by another Event.
Did you try using a different one?

Years
no i gonna try another flag
edit: can't find a flag and the sprite is still not talking and do you know how to change the map in the pokenav?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2016
1) I searched again this thread, for wildbattle commands, and actually managed to do in Emerald a battle scene for Moltres in Victory Road. But i can't delete the sprite after the battle (it remains there and i can battle Moltres every time). This is the script i used:

Code:
#autobank on

#org 0x86BDE0
msgbox 0x86BE30
cry 
callstd 0x4
wildbattle 0x92 0x32 3
#raw 53
#raw 07
#raw 00
end

#org 0x86BE30
= Moltres!
The event number Advance Map shows for this sprite is 7. If you need more details, i am using the sprite number 233 (the deoxys triangle, it is temporary), People Nº: 8, location X: 2B, Y: 12, Script Offset: $86BDE0, in the Map 24.45 (the third map of Victory Road)

2) And how to add sprites? I don't want to replace, because i think every sprite is used, and i don't want that the Moltres sprite appear as a "Torchic Doll" in the game for example. It's difficult to search for this, the word "sprite" is very common...

EDIT:
Also tried this code, modified from that Snorlax example, and writing the correct offset in Advance Map ($86BD90). This code makes the common noise like i am interacting with an object, but nothing else. That's the reason i used the first, after deleting the first part, the cry part (when i used it. it leads to a battle with a sign "?", i think it is the new Missingno) and setflag command.

Code:
#autobank on
#org 0x86BD90
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0 0x86BDE0
end

#org 0x86BDE0
cry 0xA1 0x92
#raw 01
msgbox 86BE30
callstd 0x4
wildbattle 0x92 0x32 3
#raw 53
#raw 07
#raw 00
setflag 0x1FF
end

#org 0x86BE30
= Moltres!

EDIT 2:
Two more questions:
3) Is it possible to set items like Metal Coat and King's Rock so I can "use" them, not only "give". I want to use them as evolution stones for Onix, Scyther...
4) In my hack i used some giveitem scripts and now four people gives those ticket to access to the islands with legends. They are assigned in the key items sections, so that should be correct. But they aren't recognised in any harbor. I am talking about the Aurora Ticket, the Mystery Ticket, the Eon Ticket and the Old Sea Map. I don't know why... is it possible to correct something so they recognise those items and take me to the islands?

Last edited:

The_Dark_Lord_Dacka

Dark Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Nov 4, 2006
Scizz my question is, seeming as I can find NO documents on it, "What are the best tools for hacking r/b/y or g/s/c". I can find no documents and no tools references. I am trying to start this back up. my other question.. "how do I change a pokemons battle image and/ or pokedex image." I have seen it done in a few hacked version my best freind gave me almost 5 years ago. Which is what got me interested in hacking these in the first place.

SO:

"What are the best tools for hacking r/b/y or g/s/c? or where can i find docs on it" This means all, maps, info on how to edit peoples sprites.

"How do I change a pokemons battle image and/ or pokedex image?" specifically in r/b/y and g/s/c.

Thank you and I hope you can help.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
I need to know something

say when I am creating my hack I want to make a title screen like this,is it possible to edit the existing title to make it look like this.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9023/gsctitlescreenso4.png

and is it possible to add this animation in the background

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5874/goldanimationtd7.png

and in fire red,is it possible to change the First person views so they look like these

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9157/firstpersonviewba3.png

and say I create a map on paint,can I use a program to import it into the rom hack

Last edited:
Years
iff i battle a ? and then catch itt the game will reset when the game tries to add his info to the pokedex someone know why? and how do you edit pokemon name and icon

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2012
Why the Heck cant we post links to other sites -_- Is to hard to explain my problem so I wante dto put a vid.Ill try my best to explain:

I set a newly added text to a kecleon I put in a house( a added npc) and when I talk to it,it makes the sound when u scroll through text and nothing happends.How do I get him to say

"Kecleon:Hi!Isnt it wonderfull this house
on the inside is entirely a green house?

[PLAYER]:Eh, flowers are nice but dont
bugs get inside somtimes when you are
sleeping?

Kecleon:Nahhh,the bugs in this village
are nice as long as you dont invade
thier terretory.Even so they are all
level 1!"

stuff is really bugging me and I cant even post a danged vid x.x

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
Years
How would I go about editing how Pokemon evolve in Pokemon Crystal? Hex editor? If so, are there documents/tutorials to help? Also, I can't seem to find Crystal Map. When I clicked the links in the resource thread (when it was still working), the first led to ...something completely different... and the others didn't have it. I have no idea where to ask...

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
You start finding an empty space in the ROM by locating spaces filled up with FF-bytes or ŸŸ-bytes, depending on what kind of Hex-Editor you're using.

Once you find these empty spaces, copy the offset that you'll find in the offsetbox of the Hex-Editor.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
How would I go about editing how Pokemon evolve in Pokemon Crystal? Hex editor? If so, are there documents/tutorials to help? Also, I can't seem to find Crystal Map. When I clicked the links in the resource thread (when it was still working), the first led to ...something completely different... and the others didn't have it. I have no idea where to ask...
Well's here's part of a document about evolutions in GSC. ^^;

Code:
// EVOLUTION FORMAT //

<type of evo> <parameter> 			<evolves to>
01(Level)     20(lvl in hex)			hexpoke#
02(Item)      xx(gsitem#, must be able to use)	hexpoke#
03(Trade)     xx(gsitem# or 00 for none)	hexpoke#
04(Happy)     xx(any - 01; day - 02; nite - 03)	hexpoke#

02 16 05     02 18 09     00 
|  |  |      |  |  |      |  
|  |  |      |  |  |      |____ end of evo
|  |  |      |  |  |
|  |  |      |  |  |___________ evolved to
|  |  |      |  |______________ item to use
|  |  |      |_________________ type of evol
|  |  |
|  |  |________________________ evolve to
|  |___________________________ item to use
|______________________________ type of evo

TYPE 5 EVOLUTION

PARAMETERS

05 14 02 6B
|  |  |  |_ Poke to evolve to
|  |  |____ Atk <=> Def Condition	(01, 02 or 03)
|  |_______ Level to decide
|__________ Type of evoltuion 		(always 05)

01 Atk < Def then Evolve to #106
02 Atk > Def then Evolve to #107
03 Atk = Def then Evolve to #237

Here's Crystalmap, sweetie. ^^;
Here ya go.

Maybe its just too old, But I am trying to create a r/b or g/s hack, and have the pokemon changed to ones i created in the pokedex. A little help plz. I have searched the forums, I want to start with r/b and then do g/s. help plz. r/b hacks just seema outdated.
Well sweetie, there hasn't been a easy method to edit pics in RBY since the compression is tricky. KoolBoyMan has done it, but it's extremely difficult and you have to know what you're doing, exactly. Also I don't think you can make custom pics for RBY, sorry.

For GS use either of the following, sweetie.

Meowth's gfx inserter]
[url=http://www.geocities.com/pkmn_trainer_jeremy/AGIXP300.zip]Agixp

Years
iff i compile a script the script self will work but the text in the script will disapear and in my hexeditor the text shows up as zero's and dots and if view a script in scriptED there is also no text and is there a other way to edit pokemon names except for hex editor and N-E-A(i can't see text)
edit: i noticed i can't see text at these programs:
advancemart a-text a-tack N-E-A

Last edited:

Rencudia

Toothless Bald Old Hag <3
Years
Poketronic Problem

Look guys, Poketronic seems to be playing up or something because when I try and change the starters on poketronic it goes all wrong. Right here's what happens. I choose the starters, I press save, they say starters saved but they've reset themselves as missingnos and save as them! Dude can't anyone find a tutorial on how to change the starters by a hex program! I mean i've looked on search but I found nothing because they've been deleted or something. Please help.

Thanks! Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back