• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen More than just Unova?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I like the idea of the construction site buildings being completed for the sequel - AND for those buildings to have a special event there to make you care that the buildings are done. They could be a Con-Hotel were Gym Leaders from around the world visit for Re-Matches. Also, the north edge of the map could be expanded on for new locations. Or, we could start North and go to Old Unova Post-game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Speaking about the Sevii islands, maybe those seven make a come back...I mean there were several mysteries that were never solved such as the grass patch...
We could have an event in which we try to connect far off Unova to the other regions trade network (as a major hint to remakes)...
I also like the idea of adding routes connected Anville town (which could be the new players home town...)

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I personally think that with the games being direct sequels and all, Game Freak is hinting at us that they won't be mere third entries in the series like before. Having that said, I see the possibility of travelling to a new region very likely given the circumstances of the ending in the first two games, and especially since Looker mentioned that N was spotted in a distant land. As for what region exactly, I can't say I'm too sure. Hoenn is definitely a possibility, though I somehow doubt it will happen yet. Perhaps it will be a brand new region, or even just an additional section of Unova?

My guess as for how we will travel to this region is that the opening cinematic will explain the exact whereabouts of N and the game will start off in Castelia City with the protagonist boarding the cruise to find him.

blue

gucci
Years
Seven Islands - Seven Sages... just a thought but I'd love to re-explore the sevii Islands, they had so much to offer and they could easily be fitted into BW2 considering they are relatively small in size collectively. Also, like MRAS they could also link to Red & Blue the originals as well as having four games like they did with the first gen but again, just speculation.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Seven Islands - Seven Sages... just a thought but I'd love to re-explore the sevii Islands, they had so much to offer and they could easily be fitted into BW2 considering they are relatively small in size collectively. Also, like MRAS they could also link to Red & Blue the originals as well as having four games like they did with the first gen but again, just speculation.

GameFreak must like the number 7. It is lucky afterall!

I'm surprised so many people liked the Sevii Islands. I felt like they were content filler, and didn't really have anything significant to them.
I'm not gonna complain though, mainly because I always like being able to re-explore areas from other games in later installments.

As for people who think it will take place in Hoenn, I kinda hope not, as i'd like to see R/S/E get their own remakes. D:

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
For some reason when you guys mention traveling on one of Skyla's planes, I remembered that episode a long time ago where the gang traveled on a blimp lol and then it got stuck by lighting, and burned lol

Something super climactic like that, that's how what I want in a Pokémon game

Just thinking aloud, sorry lol I would love a second region, and I almost think they should be doing something like that, or just as drastic, if their adding a '2' to this.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
@ Suicune. Maybe the Seven Sage fled to the islands after escaping from butter fingered Looker...and Ghetsis is located new in island seven, maybe in the Unoun chambers and discovers the God Stone and then returns back to Unova before you capture him...
Anyways more on a new area. I'll like to see what lies north of the Pokemon league...maybe in the new map they can remove those clouds in the art work and reveal entirely new places. Maybe something happens that causes the gyms to move north to the new areas of Unova ^_^

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
Years
No. It will just be Unova and the few Islands around it. I highly, highly doubt we'll head to any other regions.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
The NPC that says we can't fly on the planes because we have Pokemon is a jerk. I can almost hear him say that line in a condescending tone. Besides IIRC, flying on my Archeops didn't allow me overhead storage or in-flight snacks. And the turbulence was awful.

I'd much rather that they focus on tying up the loose ends in Unova before throwing another region at us. Caves can be expanded on, they have a whole bunch of high-rises in Castelia where you can only visit a few floors, and the whole Route 4 construction area which could become anything once completed, really. Leaving the home region isn't necessary to enrich the story and throw new plot elements at us to explore.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Maybe not a completely new region, but some new land in Unova. More areas based on NYC and some based on NY upstate.
Of course not all land drawn here but some of this:

Spoiler:

Map source: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=unova+new+york#/d4kqsns

Last edited:

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Maybe not a completely new region, but some new land in Unova. More areas based on NYC and some based on NY upstate.

Spoiler:

Awesome map man I think that is possible with something like the boats in FR/LG to connect to the citys.

blue

gucci
Years
@ Suicune. Maybe the Seven Sage fled to the islands after escaping from butter fingered Looker...and Ghetsis is located new in island seven, maybe in the Unoun chambers and discovers the God Stone and then returns back to Unova before you capture him...
Anyways more on a new area. I'll like to see what lies north of the Pokemon league...maybe in the new map they can remove those clouds in the art work and reveal entirely new places. Maybe something happens that causes the gyms to move north to the new areas of Unova ^_^

Yeah, that was my idea exactly with the North being kinda covered up, there is many open spaces in Unova that could potentially be explorable and I'd love to see them.

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
I don't think we'll get to travel to another region, mainly because Unova is so far away from the others, and I don't know, but to me it seems unlikely. If we do travel somewhere though, maybe it'll be to some kind of island? If so, I think we'll get there by plane or boat.

On another note, I'd like to see Gym Leader rematches in the games as well. Possibly even battles against the sages, even though that does go against them, since they want to free Pokémon etc.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Spoiler:

Wow dude, what's that map belong to? It's pretty awesome.

I definitely think we'll see a new land mass, whether it be a massive extension to Unova or a brand new region. I'm leaning towards this new area being directly connected to Unova, much like how Kanto and Johto are. It just wouldn't make sense to release these 'sequels' and not have something as big as this in the games. There's no way it's just the added stuff we see in regular 3rd versions.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
good to see that there is no theory saying Hoenn is going to be in this game. There were some people in Serebii saying that hoenn is going to be in this game some how.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
good to see that there is no theory saying Hoenn is going to be in this game. There were some people in Serebii saying that hoenn is going to be in this game some how.
People have made a few theories on this here, but I too am hoping that this doesn't happen whatsoever. I really want Hoenn to be in its own game (that being RS remakes). I really think GameFreak should make more areas of Unova available and that map was a perfect plan @wombateiro.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Yeah about that...
Personally, I have nothing to lose if they add another region siding with Unova, I would actually LOVE it, but, with no certain reason, I doubt it would happen. What I can think of is some additional locations such as Islands or probably PART of a previous region.

Just small new locations and such. If we are to travel to a different region, most likely I believe we will be using Skyla's Jets. I think I recall her speaking of how easy is a trip from Unova to Sinnoh is didn't she? Well...I would love to see that happen...

Basically, why add different regions if they are irrelevant. We would love it, but the dev might not.

blue

gucci
Years

People have made a few theories on this here, but I too am hoping that this doesn't happen whatsoever. I really want Hoenn to be in its own game (that being RS remakes). I really think GameFreak should make more areas of Unova available and that map was a perfect plan @wombateiro.

I second this completely, otherwise we wouldn't get our long anticipated remakes, but on a relative note we should be getting news shortly now and I'm really starting to think that more of Unova will be explorable, it's a large region and it wouldn't really make sense not to take place in it unless they can make a new region/location within a small time frame.

This looks like how the battle of Kyogre, Groudon & Rayquaza took place

movie-15-trailer-2.jpg

Also, I was thinking about it and originally... Unova had NOTHING to do with Hoenn whatsoever, so to suddenly mix Hoenn with Unova would kind of mess things up wouldn't it?

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I really don't want to see Hoenn (isn't that place 96.42087% water anyway?) I'm not buying R/S remakes, and I really don't want to buy B/W 2 only to have Hoenn forced down my throat anyway.

IIRC, Unova is supposed to be very far away from the other regions, so any new regions would more than likely have to be created especially for these games. And I'm going to reiterate, I don't want to see something like the watered down Kanto that was in G/S/C. GF either needs to make it a smaller region or make sure there's enough content in the other region so it doesn't seem bare.

Back