• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Heal Pulse have been an attack?

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
So in lots of Role Playing games (Final Fantasy, etc) Using healing moves on undead nemies results in the target getting hurt, SO, do you think Pokemon should have done this too and made Heal Pulse hurt Ghost type pokemon? Sure it would be awful for your ghost team mates, but would be pretty useful when facing opponent ghosts.

On a side note, I'm very surprised to find out that Heal Pulse gets reflected back to you when used on Magic Bounce and Magic Coat using pokemon. Now I really want my Clawitzer to face an Espeon! :D

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
I think it should've been. At first I had no idea what it does until I read the description. In my opinion I think it's a useless move. I have it replaced with a different move now.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The above proposition is absurd, IMO. Heal Pulse was designed to be used in multi-battle formats (Doubles and Triples to be more specific), as it lets the user support weakened teammates.

Years
As Platinum said, the move's main intent is Double and Triple Battles, which there are already a lot of moves designed around that format, like After You, Ally Switch and Helping Hand to name a few.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
While Single Battle formats are still the biggest thing, please never ever forget that Double and Triple exists! Double Battles have been part of our franchise for over a decade already and Triple Battles haven been introduced to the Pokemon games for five years already, to be precise it's five turning six this year.

Moves and Abilities like Plus, Minus, Symbiosis, Helping Hand, Follow Me, Heal Pulse, etc. are not useless. (:

Last edited:
Back