• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bob's Fire Red Patch-Revived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
Years
Hi everyone! I'm Bob Bobberson and I'm here today to present to you a side project I've been thinking about/working on. Hopefully when I'm done with this ROM base it'll help hackers worldwide.
I realize Epsilon has a much higher quality version of this, but I've decided to keep developing this just in case someone wants to use it.

Features:
All 721 Pokemon (I know there are quite a few of these out there but I'm adding it in anyway)
Running shoes indoors
Pokémon can evolve without the national dex

BW2 Repel System
Fairy type plus new moves, abilities, and items
The roaming roar glitch is fixed
Day and Night system added
Everything is De-capitalized
JPAN's Hack Engine
rPfeWFS.png
eNDWfeH.png

YIzeCub.png

Tools used:
G3HS
Mr. DS Patch​

Last edited:

pokelover1991

champion
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
i will help u in some things that i know i can even do the beta testing for ya i will be glad to help ya well u are the 3 person i have seen to come up with this huge
project i hope u will complete it because no one else completed it.

Years
Is such patch actually necessary?
Running shoes indoors
Really? This is basically changing one single byte and takes like one minute.

Professor Oak gives you the National Dex at the beginning of the game
And this is setting one flag at the beginning of the game which takes around 2 minutes.

Fairy type plus new moves, abilities, and items
This sounds familiar...Oh right! MrDollSteak made a patch providing new moves, abilities and items.

The roaming glitch is fixed
I presume you're thinking about IV glitch which is also a matter of few byte changes.

Everything is De-capitalized
Again, DollSteak's Patch.

Pokemarts are fixed to adjust to the new items
This is something new I guess but does it mean that the items available in Pokemarts has been changed? Even though some people may indeed like these changes, there's a high possibility others will not.

And, the last one which I omitted.
All 721 Pokemon (I know there are quite a few of these out there but I'm adding it in anyway)
I'm not sure if I'd say quite a few of these . There's a Fire Red 870 which is unfinished and full of bugs. There's also Unnamed Fire Red 721 Project which has all Pokemon up to 4 gen, new evolution methods and some other features. I think Jambo made a patch like this in the past but I'm not certain at this one.
Anyway, what I want to say is there's no reason for people to download your patch because there's either a better alternative or the changes can be very easily made by themselves.

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
Years
Anyway, what I want to say is there's no reason for people to download your patch because there's either a better alternative or the changes can be very easily made by themselves.

I think its not necessary, but its always nice to have everything in one place that works well together; with this patch having all these things, there are less likely to be bugs/overwritting offsets since all the changes are made by the same person.

Any possibility that this would end up being compatible with JPAN's engine, or is this just an "add-on" to the base game??

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
Years

And this is setting one flag at the beginning of the game which takes around 2 minutes.

This sounds familiar...Oh right! MrDollSteak made a patch providing new moves, abilities and items.

I presume you're thinking about IV glitch which is also a matter of few byte changes.

This is something new I guess but does it mean that the items available in Pokemarts has been changed? Even though some people may indeed like these changes, there's a high possibility others will not.

I'm not sure if I'd say quite a few of these . There's a Fire Red 870 which is unfinished and full of bugs. There's also Unnamed Fire Red 721 Project which has all Pokemon up to 4 gen, new evolution methods and some other features. I think Jambo made a patch like this in the past but I'm not certain at this one.
I'm sorry you feel that way :(
If there's another feature you would like, please PM me and I'll try to add it.
BTW, you forgot to mention one feature (space for new items and 50 new TMs). This might be a little hard but I think I know how to do it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
I'm sorry you feel that way :(
If there's another feature you would like, please PM me and I'll try to add it.
BTW, you forgot to mention one feature (space for new items and 50 new TMs). This might be a little hard but I think I know how to do it.
This really isn't something that you can "think" you know how to do. You can't have figured it out without understanding the routines involved in loading the TM case which is currently maxed at 58 items, as well as finding a specific area for the 200 new bytes and making the "bag know" where that is. I am unaware of a publicly released, glitch free, method for new TMs. If you've figured it out, great, you should teach everyone how to do it. But it can't be implemented on a whim.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years

Why do you have to rain on people's parades? This seems like a nice base and if he wants to make it, he should.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Best of luck man and do hope you can fix those issues that the other 721 patch had.

Can't wait for this to finish.
Since I do not know how to ASM, I would love a pre-patched Fire Red Rom with all 650 (or 721 is even better) Pokemon, possible moves, possible abilities. I don't care about the stats and evolution method, I could do that myself. But getting those things in is beyond my knowledge for now.
I have a gap year coming and I would love to start a Fire Red hack. XSE is not much of a problem, but ASM.. ugh.. And I am not really the best Mapper myself, but I can always make something I guess. (Just wish I could have snowy tiles and such too xD)

Oh way too Off Topic there. I wish you the best of luck with this, hope to see it published soon! :)

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
Bob will become a big man after releasing this... It will definitely increase the possibilities of Fire Red for future ROM-hacks. However, I think people should start stopping developing resources or tools for Gen 3 ROM editing, since I think we all should invest time researching generation 4 and after. DS ROM editing is still lacking far behind, and so far only Spanish people have spent time on that or few people like Team Fail or Spiky...

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
I agree. This opens a door to a lot more successful GBA hacks. However I also agree, DS hacks need more useful tools and I guess why not many people do them compared to FRLG or Emerald hacks.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Bob will become a big man after releasing this... It will definitely increase the possibilities of Fire Red for future ROM-hacks. However, I think people should start stopping developing resources or tools for Gen 3 ROM editing, since I think we all should invest time researching generation 4 and after. DS ROM editing is still lacking far behind, and so far only Spanish people have spent time on that or few people like Team Fail or Spiky...
What's wrong with the older games? Have you considered maybe some people prefer them? Even if there were more tools for gen 4 games they wouldn't be easy to hack, just due to the nature of them (making models is hard, tiles not so much).

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
To be honest, many of the features of your patch can be done with the MrDollSteak patch and a bit of hex hacking, maybe if you put more functions your patch would be more interesting to more people, btw, good luck with your project!!!

---------------
, I think people should start stopping developing resources or tools for Gen 3 ROM editing, since I think we all should invest time researching generation 4 and after. DS ROM editing is still lacking far behind, and so far only Spanish people have spent time on that or few people like Team Fail or Spiky...

What is the problem with develop GBA tools? many people still developing tools from older games (Like Pokemon Red/Blue), If the people aren't interested in DS hacking, you can't force them to leave the GBA hacking and go to develop in DS.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
To be honest, many of the features of your patch can be done with the MrDollSteak patch and a bit of hex hacking, maybe if you put more functions your patch would be more interesting to more people, btw, good luck with your project!!!

---------------

What is the problem with develop GBA tools? many people still developing tools from older games (Like Pokemon Red/Blue), If the people aren't interested in DS hacking, you can't force them to leave the GBA hacking and go to develop in DS.

Yes, you can't force people to improve and develop for newer things. We have to make sure they keep developing for archaic things for which already a dozen of tools exist. Yes sir, definitely!

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
Years
Hi guys thanks for all you comments! Unfortunately I'm currently putting this project on hiatus so that I can have time to work on my hack. I'll return to this sometime in September. See you then!

Years
Not to be taken the wrong way, but I think this patch could be more detrimental to hackers, as opposed to beneficial. The idea of why is good, but there are a couple things for me to point out.

This will be an easy way out for inexperienced, lazy hackers. Not to be mean, but it's true.

While that running shoes change is only one byte change, it was a big step for me in hacking. I learned how inserting ASM worked and such by editing that one byte. Newer hackers will use this, for either lack of skill, or laziness.

As mentioned before, Mr.Dollstreak's patch does half of that work. Which brings me the point that he should be credited in your post.

This would be better as a personal patch perhaps. I have more things, but they happen to be rather nitpicky or already said. I just think that this won't help make hacks/hackers better.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
Not to be taken the wrong way, but I think this patch could be more detrimental to hackers, as opposed to beneficial. The idea of why is good, but there are a couple things for me to point out.

This will be an easy way out for inexperienced, lazy hackers. Not to be mean, but it's true.

While that running shoes change is only one byte change, it was a big step for me in hacking. I learned how inserting ASM worked and such by editing that one byte. Newer hackers will use this, for either lack of skill, or laziness.

As mentioned before, Mr.Dollstreak's patch does half of that work. Which brings me the point that he should be credited in your post.

This would be better as a personal patch perhaps. I have more things, but they happen to be rather nitpicky or already said. I just think that this won't help make hacks/hackers better.

He should be credited assuming his stuff was actually used. Also while yes it will open up new things for lazier hackers, it doesn't mean it wouldn't help advanced hackers as well. Using bases saves a lot of time, and having a good one is important. This would be a good one.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
Haters gonna hate, I guess.
I still prefer old hacks to new ones, I as myself am a lazy ROM hacker and don't try to change a lot of things even though I want to do them. I still haven't found a ROM Base that works for me, there are probably tons out there for me to try anyway. Hopefully you finish this soon :)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Since Jonkane's ROM Base is useless because of that killer PC Bug, this could be a really interesting replacement and those cool extras just make it even better.
How's it going? It's still alive? <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back