The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Old January 30th, 2012 (09:20 AM). Edited January 30th, 2012 by mmiller2023.
mmiller2023
Adept Trainer

I was hoping to get some input on a team i put together recently. I am playing through black right now and may end up taking this team online, not sure yet, but heres what i will have.

Charizard
Moves:
Flamethrower
Fly
Sunny Day/Solarbeam/open suggestion

Electivire
Thunder
Thunder Punch
Rock Smash
Brick Break/Volt Switch/Charge Beam/Fire Punch/Wild Charge/open suggestion

Donphan
Earthquake
Thunder Fang
Gyro Ball/Poison Jab/Stone Edge/open suggestions

Samurott
Surf
Waterfall
Hydro Pump/Swords Dance/Aqua Tail/Ice Beam/Rain Dance/open suggestion

Vileplume
Solarbeam
Giga Drain
Aromatherapy/Petal Dance/Sunny Day/Hyper Beam/Sludge Bomb/open suggestion

Metagross
Psychic
Zen Headbutt
Metal Claw/Bullet Punch/Iron Defense/Meteor Mash/Hammer Arm/Agility/Hone Claws/Gyro Ball/open suggestion
Metal Claw/Bullet Punch/Iron Defense/Meteor Mash/Hammer Arm/Agility/Hone Claws/Gyro Ball/open suggestion

Just shoot me a rating and maybe some ideas for moves that would help me along. Thanks!

(also posted in competitive battle because i didnt see this one, sorry!)
Old January 31st, 2012 (05:55 AM).
mmiller2023
Adept Trainer

Any help at all would be nice.
Old January 31st, 2012 (07:36 PM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiller2023 View Post
I was hoping to get some input on a team i put together recently. I am playing through black right now and may end up taking this team online, not sure yet, but heres what i will have.

Charizard
Moves:
Flamethrower
Fly

Electivire
Thunder
Thunder Punch
Rock Smash
Brick Break/Volt Switch/Charge Beam/Fire Punch/Wild Charge/open suggestion

Donphan
Earthquake
Thunder Fang

Samurott
Surf
Waterfall

Vileplume
Solarbeam
Giga Drain

Metagross
Psychic
Zen Headbutt

Just shoot me a rating and maybe some ideas for moves that would help me along. Thanks!

(also posted in competitive battle because i didnt see this one, sorry!)
May I suggest some natures for your Pokemon?

Charizard and Samurott are both based on Special Attack so I recommend Modest or Timid nature or at least any nature that raises Special Attack (Rash, Mild, Quiet).

Donphan has a balance of Attack and Defense as its highest stat so I recommend one of the following natures: Brave, Adamant or Jolly. Avoid Bold cos it lowers Attack and Lonely cos it lowers Defense. You could also try a Careful or Sassy nature for increased Special Defense, avoid Calm and Gentle. Also, Relaxed or Impish is good as well for extra Defense.

Electivire's highest stat is Attack so I recommend either Adamant, Jolly, Brave, Naughty or Naive (avoid Lonely, Hasty, Timid and Modest). Gentle and Mild nature must also be avoided due to Electivire's low Defense. Adamant or Jolly is OK if you can cope with the reduced Special Attack (its second-highest stat). Overall, I recommend Naive or Naughty, maybe even a neutral nature.

Since Vileplume is really slow, I recommend a Timid nature to boost that Speed stat a little. Any nature is fine except Jolly, Careful, Impish or Adamant (Vileplume is a special not physical attacker so it wouldn't like lowered Special Attack).
Old January 31st, 2012 (08:00 PM).
mmiller2023
Adept Trainer

I'm kinda new to the whole competitive thing andd have never really thought of what natures to use, but I think I will do that. Any suggestions for metagross, or moves I should use?
Old January 31st, 2012 (09:02 PM).
Tyranitar042
Tyranitar King

Nature: Relaxed
it really depends on your metagross bc IF u were to do online battles IMO you would get wrecked the reason i say that is because you have no walls of any sort you cant win battles without safe switch ins. If you use your team now metagross would have to be the wall and maybe hlding balloon or light clay for a dual screening metagross. Although this is the in-game forum so if you want more tips for online battling go to competetive forums and learn about ev's, iv's, and natures because what most ppl who look at pokemon don't know is that this game is all strategy.

Tyranitar

Royalty and Loyalty!!
It never fails!!
Old January 31st, 2012 (09:03 PM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiller2023 View Post
I'm kinda new to the whole competitive thing andd have never really thought of what natures to use, but I think I will do that. Any suggestions for metagross, or moves I should use?
Metagross is physical-based, so any nature that raises Attack. Jolly is also nice, just only give Metagross purely physical-based attacks.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links