• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Previously on Red's Adventure...

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
A feature present in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen was the resume feature. It basically recalled the last four important events that the player did before they saved the game. It showed every time the game was started. So what did you think of this? How could it have been improved? Would you like to see it in future games?

Discuss!

MDP045.png

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
I think it was annoying. I didn't care to see the important things I had done in the past, simply because I had already done them and didn't need to remember them. I always had to try to find a way out of them, because they really annoyed the heck out of me. I think they could be eliminated entirely.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
They were annoying. I think I would easily remember important things I've done in the game. Other games in the series managed fine without it, so yeah. They tried a lot of new and odd things in FRLG to be fair and some were great while others were pretty annoying and/or useless. This one is on the annoying side.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I liked it tbh. In case you dont understand some part of the story or missed one thingy, here it is to help you. Like me, I didnt understand some part of the game and it helped me :)

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Ughh, They were somehow annoying.

And we hackers have decided to remove it since it reveals some secrets that we do in the hack. :3

It's just annoying.

Years
It was a nice concept in practice, but unless I hadn't played the game for weeks at a time, this feature just slowed me down from getting right back into gameplay.

I wish there would've been an option to turn the flashbacks on and off in the menu, just like there was to turn off the help if you pressed L/R.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I really did hate it. It was extremely irritating, especially since when I play a Pokémon game, I'll play it a lot. It really should have been something you could turn off in the options menu. It also made soft resetting harder.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Honestly people, this flashback system devised was really nice, and although I rarely paid attention, I could tell that this stuff is pretty cool.

But a Journal was waaaaaay cooler IMO.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I LOVED this feature. Sometimes it was annoying to skip through the events but it was nice to see the things you did last when you pick up the game after not playing it for a while. It was better than the journals in DPPt, imo, although the journals did record a lot more.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
It was a cool concept, and I reckon kids might've found it cool to see their big moments in the game show again, and it was a nice feature for if you haven't played for a while, just to see what the last few things you actually accomplished were, but I'd find myself skipping through it about 90% of the time anyways. There games just aren't long enough or have quite enough moments like that for one to actually want to look back at them, and in the end, I think people would've been happier without having to skip through all of it everytime they went to play the game.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
There games just aren't long enough or have quite enough moments like that for one to actually want to look back at them, and in the end, I think people would've been happier without having to skip through all of it everytime they went to play the game.

Exactly. Which is why it's just a 'distraction', and luckily with the Journal we can skip it with the Start button.

Back