• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Years
Of course. If there weren't fans of the older MLPs, then the series and franchise probably would have ended before we got 'Friendship is Magic'. Don't put down the older series, because while they may not have been as great to you and to others, they are what led us to the series we see here today because others enjoyed it.

Eh, I meant:

">Older Gen MLP movie
>Bronies

Bronies watch older movies of MLP?"

I doubt many bronies would be willing enough to try any pre-G4 series/movies. I watched an episode of G3, never again. And my friend watched one of the MLP movies, he would never do it again either.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
Of course. If there weren't fans of the older MLPs, then the series and franchise probably would have ended before we got 'Friendship is Magic'. Don't put down the older series, because while they may not have been as great to you and to others, they are what led us to the series we see here today because others enjoyed it.

Exactly, the bashing on the previous generations of My Little Pony is pointless, especially since without them, there would be no Friendship is Magic, and Rainbow Dash would still be dressing in style.

I've seen a few of the previous gens cartoons, and to be fair, they are not as bad as the fandom makes them out to be, they're not great, but they certainly aren't bad like most people make them out to be...

Houndour2005

Banned
Years
Exactly, the bashing on the previous generations of My Little Pony is pointless, especially since without them, there would be no Friendship is Magic, and Rainbow Dash would still be dressing in style.

Imagine how the fandom would had been with internet around with the first G seaosn.

Years
Imagine how the fandom would had been with internet around with the first G seaosn.

But girls don't use computers, and I bet little girls wouldn't have used it either in the 80's.

And the problem I have with the older MLP is that not many, if any, males liked them in the first place. They were MEANT to be for little girls, instead of G4 which was meant to be for all audiences. The older generations look ugly as ****, literally have pink everywhere, and if a male had watched it, they would be called coltcuddler and that's it. Whereas this show, you'd be called coltcuddler, you just don't mind it, and they would turn into a brony in time.

Like, I'd let myself be okay with watching Friendship is Magic, but I still have my dignity to not watch My Little Pony Friends or the old G1.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
Years
But girls don't use computers, and I bet little girls wouldn't have used it either in the 80's.

Wut.

Yeah, I agree. MLP:FiM is meant for more people, considering there is actually more of a plot (I suppose) if you look past the cheesiness. Also, the humor and the different characters' personalities appeal to more people.

Magica

Miss Magic
Years
But girls don't use computers
When guys say this I can't help but wonder if they say it because they can't fathom that a girl would be interested in something they are; and that they have too low self-esteem to think anyone other than guys like them exist. ... Or is it because they actually only want guys like them to exist?

The older generations aren't that bad. The target audience was little girls, yeah, and if you don't like it, don't bash it. Then you're being just as bad as the people who bash FIM without watching it (although FIM is vastly superior).

Years

Wut.

Yeah, I agree. MLP:FiM is meant for more people, considering there is actually more of a plot (I suppose) if you look past the cheesiness. Also, the humor and the different characters' personalities appeal to more people.

They said imagine if the fandom (implying fandom at that current time) had computers during the 1980's My Little Pony generation. In the 1980's, the fandom was highly and mostly populated with little girls. Little girls wouldn't be even using the internet to talk about MLP at that age (Or at least, I wouldn't expect them to).

Also, I love the plot in FiM. It looks so delicious, especially Rarity's plot in Dragonshy and Scootaloo's plot in The Cutie Pox.

Then you're being just as bad as the people who bash FIM without watching it (although FIM is vastly superior).

>Implying I haven't watched any of the older generations

I have watched one episode and then some of G3. I watched that Sea Ponies video SHOO BE DOO SHOO SHOO BE DOO.
I don't want to watch G3.5 or older MLP. IMO, I just can't stan

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm going to go protest until Fluttershy gets an episode.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Oh dear it would appear as if I missed this thread in my previous travels. I would like to join this group :3

- Favorite Episode: The Best Night Ever
- Favorite Main Pony: Fluttershy
- Favorite Side Pony: Derpy Hooves
- About Me: I got introduced to the show in June, and have followed the show a lot since then.

And new episode involving Rainbow Dash and having a pet? Scootaloo is first in line.

Magica

Miss Magic
Years
Mmm..you'd be surprised...

Also, I love the plot in FiM. It looks so delicious, especially Rarity's plot in Dragonshy and Scootaloo's plot in The Cutie Pox.
Pony plots are always good.
They're especially fun if 2+ are working together, makes it so much more interesting, you know.

I'm definitely excited for the new RD episode. Since she's the only one without a pet, I'm interested to see what she'll have. My hope is it's Scootaloo a giant dragonfly. That would be cool. I wonder if this could be a setup for an episode focusing on all the pets, or maybe a talent show where they all compete?

There's been a real lack of Fluttershy lately, though, it's true. I hope that she gets an episode soon and at least makes an appearance in this and the upcoming Rarity episode.

Last edited:
Years
Scootaloo's not a chicken, she's a dodo!

Also, is there anyone here that joined the fandom in February or before, or am I the oldest one?

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
Oh dear it would appear as if I missed this thread in my previous travels. I would like to join this group :3

- Favorite Episode: The Best Night Ever
- Favorite Main Pony: Fluttershy
- Favorite Side Pony: Derpy Hooves
- About Me: I got introduced to the show in June, and have followed the show a lot since then.

And new episode involving Rainbow Dash and having a pet? Scootaloo is first in line.

Welcome to the club. And Scootaloo shouldn't be treated as a pet. It's too degrading for her.

Magica

Miss Magic
Years
Oh dear, I thought I posted this in the thread already, but I think I backed out as I was doing it.
Well, typed up again:

- Favorite Episode: The Best Night Ever; Suited For Success; Return of Harmony
- Favorite Main Pony: Rarity
- Favorite Side Pony: Spitfire, Vinyl Scratch
- About Me: I've been a fan of the show since its debut (and I was a fan of the older generations, but of course not to such an extent). I really love the adorable style and the characters of the show. Personality-wise, I'm a mix of Rarity and Rainbow Dash, or maybe Spitfire, I'd suppose. I'm extremely feminine and can be a bit of a drama queen, but I also really enjoy adventure, like bike racing, and dream of flying planes ;p

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
Oh dear, I thought I posted this in the thread already, but I think I backed out as I was doing it.
Well, typed up again:

- Favorite Episode: The Best Night Ever; Suited For Success; Return of Harmony
- Favorite Main Pony: Rarity
- Favorite Side Pony: Spitfire, Vinyl Scratch
- About Me: I've been a fan of the show since its debut (and I was a fan of the older generations, but of course not to such an extent). I really love the adorable style and the characters of the show. Personality-wise, I'm a mix of Rarity and Rainbow Dash, or maybe Spitfire, I'd suppose. I'm extremely feminine and can be a bit of a drama queen, but I also really enjoy adventure, like bike racing, and dream of flying planes ;p

All right, I'll add you to list. Welcome officially to the club.

Back