• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
if I remember correctly, is it on a route 57 just after taking the water route , after the castro forest.

anyway I don't know (or remember) what happened to the SS ANNE?

Wow, I'm so dumb. I passed by there so many times. I thought I beat it! Then I remembered that I beat every trainer besides Joe. Now I can go to the Pokémon League!

EDIT: Finally beat Pokémon League. Now where to go? Fill up the Pokédex?

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Wow, I'm so dumb. I passed by there so many times. I thought I beat it! Then I remembered that I beat every trainer besides Joe. Now I can go to the Pokémon League!

EDIT: Finally beat Pokémon League. Now where to go? Fill up the Pokédex?

Well, there's still the final quest, and the eggs/key... but yeah. Still, you'll need to trade to get a bunch of the Pokemon.

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Well, there's still the final quest, and the eggs/key... but yeah. Still, you'll need to trade to get a bunch of the Pokemon.

I'm on VBA, and I have no$gba for DS stuff. Can I trade on VBA or should I run it on no$gba?

Oh yeah, I also feel kinda bad for asking all these questions. But thank you for answering them.

mattman324

Years
I'm on VBA, and I have no$gba for DS stuff. Can I trade on VBA or should I run it on no$gba?

Oh yeah, I also feel kinda bad for asking all these questions. But thank you for answering them.

No, you'll need TGB dual. VBA Link only works for the third gen. games.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I'm really liking this hack so far. The region is awesome, and the whole thing is just this odd combination of nostalgic and new.

My only problem is something that's been noted already, white lines going through the sprites. This doesn't happen in VBA, but I don't get that good performance from it. (I use VBA-M for GBA games, but it has terrible GB support.) I've tried KiGB, Gambatte, no$gmb, and bgb(which incidentally works perfectly in wine), and they all have that issue. What could VBA be doing differently...?

But everything's working fine other than that. Great hack! :) I'm glad I checked this out.

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
in linux i didn't get a good performance of brown in VBA but in windows works perfectly

Dr. James

Experimenting
Years
Oh my God! Thank you very much! I have only one question. How come in the first Mart I'm able to buy Masterballs? Isn't that *too* easy?

EDIT: Hey, I picked Squirtle as a starter. However, the game detects it as a traded Pokémon. Now it doesn't obey me, just because it is in level 11!

Last edited:

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
Oh my God! Thank you very much! I have only one question. How come in the first Mart I'm able to buy Masterballs? Isn't that *too* easy?

EDIT: Hey, I picked Squirtle as a starter. However, the game detects it as a traded Pokémon. Now it doesn't obey me, just because it is in level 11!

As expected no masterballs here.

Quoting Coolboyman's post:

"PATCH THIS TO A CLEAN RED ROM. DO NOT PATCH IT TO OLDER VERSIONS OF BROWN!
PATCH THIS TO POKEMON RED ROM WHICH HAS (U) IN THE NAME, NOT (UE) OR (J) OR ANYTHING ELSE!
"

Failing that, double check that you haven't any cheats enabled in your emulator.

Dr. James

Experimenting
Years
As expected no masterballs here.

Quoting Coolboyman's post:

"PATCH THIS TO A CLEAN RED ROM. DO NOT PATCH IT TO OLDER VERSIONS OF BROWN!
PATCH THIS TO POKEMON RED ROM WHICH HAS (U) IN THE NAME, NOT (UE) OR (J) OR ANYTHING ELSE!
"

Failing that, double check that you haven't any cheats enabled in your emulator.

Right. You were correct. Apparently, my Red version had been edited. I downloaded a new one and runs perfectly. But my Squirlte (now Blastoise) thingy remains.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2022
I spent so long trying to get Linking to work, starting games over etc using TGB Dual to evolve my pokemon, only to find that you need trade stones zzzzzz.
Can some1 at least tell me where i can get trade stones from?

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
I spent so long trying to get Linking to work, starting games over etc using TGB Dual to evolve my pokemon, only to find that you need trade stones zzzzzz.
Can some1 at least tell me where i can get trade stones from?

Some random dungeons. I found it at Castro Forest.

Dr. James

Experimenting
Years
I've found some mistakes in the game. Should I post them? So you Coolboyman can correct these to make a nearly perfect game. :)

mattman324

Years
Firstly, if you thought it was a mistake, "Fearow: Kill" is suppost to be there.

The only game mistake known is the Pokemon Tower Healing glitch though, maybe you've found something.

Dr. James

Experimenting
Years
I know no game is perfect. That's why I said *nearly perfect*. You know, if it's nearly perfect, it's a better game after all. I'll post the mistakes I found, only if Coolboyman lets me do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back