The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Reload this Page Your suggestions for Essentials

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old May 12th, 2016 (4:28 PM).

Oh sorry I should've been more specific what I meant was a Overworld sprite template this can include from just the normal walking one to the ones for a trainer(surfing, fishing, fishing while surfing, bike, and running). I'm just saying this just in case of a possibility although I think you guys might just say that people can just search for it.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 12th, 2016 (4:45 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
I have no idea what that means. Are you talking about tilesets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefries View Post
Oh sorry I should've been more specific what I meant was a Overworld sprite template this can include from just the normal walking one to the ones for a trainer(surfing, fishing, fishing while surfing, bike, and running). I'm just saying this just in case of a possibility although I think you guys might just say that people can just search for it.
I think he means the fr/lg version of this
http://keh-ven.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Overworld-Bases-128361333
Old May 12th, 2016 (4:58 PM).

Well since the essentials consists of FR/LG graphics it would be nice to have a OW sprite template. (Honestly I was meaning the 4th gen template but a FR/LG template would make more sense for the essentials)
Old May 13th, 2016 (1:04 PM).
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Either way, that's a resource, rather than something to include in Essentials. ROM hacking being popular and all, I'm sure you can find templates and tutorials and all that for Gen 3 graphics on the Interweb.
Old May 29th, 2016 (8:07 AM).
Darkrai Unleashed !

Nature: Lonely
Could you make it Compatible with RMMV.
it has a better mapping and tile system also it would open android platform for the pokemon hackers.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 29th, 2016 (12:00 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Darkrai View Post
Could you make it Compatible with RMMV.
Nope, this has already been addressed many times
Quote:
it has a better mapping and tile system also it would open android platform for the pokemon hackers.
The better mapping and tile system means nothing. Android compatibility means nothing. Essentials is written in Ruby. RPG Maker MV uses Java. Ruby same not Java, and one can't really port from one to the other.
Quote:
pokemon hackers.
ROM Hacking same not Fan Game Development.

That said, someone could make an Essentials-like kit for RPG Maker MV, but that's not the same as making Essentials for MV. As such, Maruno won't be the one doing it.

The black circular "doodles" in the lower right corner of my avatar are actually my username written in Gallifreyan. Yes I'm a Whovian.
Old May 29th, 2016 (6:44 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rot8er_ConeX View Post
Nope, this has already been addressed many times

The better mapping and tile system means nothing. Android compatibility means nothing. Essentials is written in Ruby. RPG Maker MV uses Java. Ruby same not Java, and one can't really port from one to the other.

ROM Hacking same not Fan Game Development.

That said, someone could make an Essentials-like kit for RPG Maker MV, but that's not the same as making Essentials for MV. As such, Maruno won't be the one doing it.
MV uses Javascript, not Java
Old May 30th, 2016 (2:47 PM).

The point is that it doesn't use Ruby. The two RPG Makers are fundamentally incompatible here. You'd need to write all the scripts from scratch if you wanted something to put into RMMV, and that's way beyond the scope of Pokémon Essentials.
Old June 19th, 2016 (11:30 AM).
Idiot of the Millenium

Nature: Relaxed
I kind of want to see perspective mode again.

team litten 4 life
Old June 19th, 2016 (7:09 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJohn958 View Post
I kind of want to see perspective mode again.
You can have this by changing the value of MAPVIEWMODE (Script-Section "Settings") to 2.
Old June 19th, 2016 (10:52 PM).
Idiot of the Millenium

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obito Uchiha View Post
You can have this by changing the value of MAPVIEWMODE (Script-Section "Settings") to 2.
Yes, but perspective mode disregards priority.

team litten 4 life
Old June 20th, 2016 (7:16 AM).

It doesn't work any better or worse than it has ever done. I don't support it, so it's unlikely to ever get fixed.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:58 PM).
Developing Pokemon Generations!

Nature: Bold
Is It Possible That Moving Versions Of The Gen 5 Sprites Will Sooner Or Later Be Added, Or Is There A Reason Why That Has Been Avoided?
Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:21 AM).

Nature: Timid
One feature I'd like to see in Essentials is the battle hints from Sun and Moon. If a move is super effective, the move's name becomes red instead of black. If it's not very effective, however, the text becomes blue. Maybe even have that feature togglable from the options menu.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:28 PM).
Custom shiny mugshot :)

Nature: Calm
Yeah, Would be a nice addition.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (2:46 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgalatchi View Post
Is It Possible That Moving Versions Of The Gen 5 Sprites Will Sooner Or Later Be Added, Or Is There A Reason Why That Has Been Avoided?
There's a reason, and that reason is that the Gen 5 sprites were made for the Gen 5 style battle scene. Essentials uses a Gen 4 style battle scene, which is incompatible with full-body back sprites. You can of course have animated Pokémon sprites in Essentials, but full-body back sprites would look weird, especially if they're the same size as the front sprites rather than double the size.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:22 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Quilva.

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgalatchi View Post
You can get the Elite Battle system script if you want Gen 5's animated sprites. And they look way better than they would in a Gen 4 battle style IMO. Sadly (or not) Luka switched away from the classic Gen 5 UI though.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (4:33 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilva View Post
You can get the Elite Battle system script if you want Gen 5's animated sprites. And they look way better than they would in a Gen 4 battle style IMO. Sadly (or not) Luka switched away from the classic Gen 5 UI though.
The classic Gen 5 UI is still in the code for the EBS. Just set the variable NEXTGENUI to false.

The black circular "doodles" in the lower right corner of my avatar are actually my username written in Gallifreyan. Yes I'm a Whovian.
Old 5 Days Ago (2:39 PM).

Nature: Timid
One suggestion I have for Essentials is a fail safe with double battles. Normally, if a Double Battle tries to occur when you have only one available Pokemon, the game crashes. I'd like the game to check if you only have one Pokemon and allow you to send out only that one rather than sending out either a fainted Pokemon, an egg, or a Pokemon that doesn't exist.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links