• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Neon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Purple,to me, it's better looking and it is a color combined by red
-pokecenter's color- and blue -pokemarts color- and since the pokecenter and mart are combined like in b/w it's a good choice for purple.

I think teal looks loads better. Purple is far too bold compared to everything else--despite the impeccable logic provided by Tcoppy. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
POLL

Should the Poképorium be Purple or Teal?​

Purple
PokemonNeonPoll1.png

Teal
PokemonNeonPoll2.png

Please respond by quoting this message!​
Teal - the same reason as icychill, the purple is really bold. maybe if you made the purple a bit lighter...

Years
I like the overall appearance of the hack. It's just that in some of the screenshots, (precisely, the PokeCenter one) seems too blank.

POLL

Should the Poképorium be Purple or Teal?

Purple

Teal

Please respond by quoting this message!​

I prefer Teal because it makes it a bit unique. I've seen purple roof tops before as well.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
I think teal looks loads better. Purple is far too bold compared to everything else--despite the impeccable logic provided by Tcoppy. :)

Teal - the same reason as icychill, the purple is really bold. maybe if you made the purple a bit lighter...

I like the overall appearance of the hack. It's just that in some of the screenshots, (precisely, the PokeCenter one) seems too blank.

I prefer Teal because it makes it a bit unique. I've seen purple roof tops before as well.

Teal it is then!

I'll also have trees next to it so it doesnt look so bare!

Thanks for all your opinions!

akosipotpotxd

asdasdas
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
To my point of view, the hack looks good so far. You'll keep improving while the hack progresses. Good luck! And, I agree with others, Teal looks good. :>

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Its update time!

Update

Updating powers... ACTIVATE!

• Mapping revisions are currently being made to the Mountain Trail to make it look a little bit more natural. I have been working on my mapping skills and things are looking pretty good.
  • My friend is working on making new male hero OW sprites. These additions will eventually be reflected in the main trainer sprite, but not at this point.
  • The next release will include a new route, a new forest (it will be ALOT better than Viridian Forest), and a new city (it will have the first gym)
  • So far, half of the new route and the new forest have been mapped, and the city has no work done on it.
  • As you can tell from all the additions coming in Alpha 2, It is a little ways off. However, with Christmas break approaching, I will have alot of free time to work on the game. You can expect Alpha 2 in late December, to early January! There are no guarantees, but this is what it looks like it will be.
Updating powers... DEACTIVATE!

LightOfAFox

Mother Fck'in Gary Oak
Years
cool hopefully i will be able to finish this alpha as fast as the first one!
Also,good luck on the hack dude i love it!

Skitty123

Alice Cullen
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
Hmm can i post the darkness sprites here instead of in a pm?
And it won't let me play what emulator do you use?

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Hmm can i post the darkness sprites here instead of in a pm?
And it won't let me play what emulator do you use?

try visual boy with the most recent version
it should work

Please don't post the darkness sprites here, use PM. Just upload them to Imageshack, NOT Photobucket (Photobucket is blocked on my internet for some weird reason). Also, just give me the link, don't use the message code, that way I can download them in their full quality!

I use VBA-M. It supports pretty much every game. Make sure the save type is set to Flash 128k so you don't get the 1-m sub circuit-board error.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
UPDATE

• Some HUGE story developments have been made to the hack!
  • There will no longer be league gyms, something completely different will replace them!
  • While there won't be league gyms, there will be gyms. These will be places where you can train your pokemon with trainers that always have the urge to battle! (once you finish the gym, the trainers will still battle you!)
  • I am currently scripting a new location for alpha 2, the Berry Woods. All I have left for scripting there is all the trainers.
  • Mapping revisions have been finished for the Mountain Trail. It now looks much more natural and appealing to the eye.
  • Cliff Town is now called Carob Town. This is because after I made cliff town, I decided to name all the cities after spices.
  • The next city is called Barberry City and will have many exciting events in it. (due to this, the release of alpha 2 will be delayed)
  • I am currently working on helping script another hack and this is taking up some of my time to work on Neon Version so that is yet another thing that is causing the release delay.
  • Even though there are some delays, don't think in any way that I will be quitting this hack. I am fully committed to finishing this hack and I am working to finish alpha 2 ASAP.

Well after all those updates, I hope you are looking forward to alpha 2!

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Well guys, alpha 2 is around the corner. It will end after the Berry Woods (north from Paprika City), but berry woods won't be the only addition. I have been spending some time revamping most of the mapping from alpha 1 because I had improved my mapping skills since then. I have also inserted a new hero sprite, and new hero OW's (they are just re-colors, but they still look nice). The main delay however, has been due to some annoying debugging, and a heck of a lot of brainstorming to make the story as interesting as possible. Thanks everyone for you patience, and see you at Alpha 2!

LightOfAFox

Mother Fck'in Gary Oak
Years
Guess who's back......is t the guy who fails at makng maps......that is correct it is Light!
Glad to see the hack s making progress now remember me still beta tester.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Guess who's back......is t the guy who fails at makng maps......that is correct it is Light!
Glad to see the hack s making progress now remember me still beta tester.

Glad to see you back! The hack hasn't been moving along quite as much as I have wished though. I haven't been able to work on the hack for the past 2 weeks because I have had finals, and I was getting a new computer, I'm also switching schools, so you can probably understand why I say that progress has been slow. However, I hope to make some major progress on it in the next few days, so I will be sending you a pre-release for you to test!

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I'm just wondering how far the game is so far and how soon the next update is (approximate date). I just don't want to play a game through the first town just to get to the end and have the next update come out when I do

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
I'm just wondering how far the game is so far and how soon the next update is (approximate date). I just don't want to play a game through the first town just to get to the end and have the next update come out when I do

so far i have finished the berry woods (forest after paprika city) and done a heap of bug fixes. ive also remapped the mountain trail and im remapping carob town (was cliff town)

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Well guys sorry for a lack of updates recently, the hack has gone on a short hiatus until I can get more time to work on it. Don't worry though because I'm definitely not quiting on it!

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Yes, Jirachi is the main legendary, and magmortar and electrive might be in it. If you quote my last post though,
Well guys sorry for a lack of updates recently, the hack has gone on a short hiatus until I can get more time to work on it. Don't worry though because I'm definitely not quiting on it!
You'll see that this hack is on hiatus until i can find more time to work on it. So stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back