• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I feel the need to join in all this picture sharing.

310778_175903252488736_120481671364228_391736_1199989222_n.jpg

:D

Years
That "love thy neighbor" line can easily be gotten around with "love the sinner; hate the sin."

In other news, a challenge in California by haters activists to remove a new law which would require schools include queer people in their teaching of history failed to get enough signatures to even be put up on the ballot. :p

Edit: also thought I'd throw in this little article that debunks some of the myths around gender differences since we were just talking about that in previous pages. Language warning though, so don't click if that's too much for you.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Hey Ty, you're an extremely handsome guy! Though I hope you don't take what I have to say next harshly but just how I (personally) think you could've handled it better for next time. You're free to disagree.
I know you were just fooling around to one-up your ex and show that he has nothing on you anymore.. but personally I don't think you should've lowered yourself to taking undie-shots and making them public with us. It may not be a big deal to you because you're not actually showing anything and you probably don't feel uncomfortable doing so, but I think it would've been classier if you just skipped it altogether. Personally I think a guy comes off as being more handsome with a nice outfit and a great smile. BUT what's done is done and I think it's good, no AMAZING, that you've moved on to find someone who's more intimate and who is more deserving of your love.
Don't give up on trying to find the right guy for you, hun :3 *Blows kisses* <3

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
That "love thy neighbor" line can easily be gotten around with "love the sinner; hate the sin."

In other news, a challenge in California by haters activists to remove a new law which would require schools include queer people in their teaching of history failed to get enough signatures to even be put up on the ballot. :p

Edit: also thought I'd throw in this little article that debunks some of the myths around gender differences since we were just talking about that in previous pages. Language warning though, so don't click if that's too much for you.

There still is an possibility that it will get on the ballot. November 2012 is still open. In fact, Jerry Brown signed legislation that moves all ballot initiatives to November anyway.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Hey Ty, you're an extremely handsome guy! Though I hope you don't take what I have to say next harshly but just how I (personally) think you could've handled it better for next time. You're free to disagree.
I know you were just fooling around to one-up your ex and show that he has nothing on you anymore.. but personally I don't think you should've lowered yourself to taking undie-shots and making them public with us. It may not be a big deal to you because you're not actually showing anything and you probably don't feel uncomfortable doing so, but I think it would've been classier if you just skipped it altogether. Personally I think a guy comes off as being more handsome with a nice outfit and a great smile. BUT what's done is done and I think it's good, no AMAZING, that you've moved on to find someone who's more intimate and who is more deserving of your love.
Don't give up on trying to find the right guy for you, hun :3 *Blows kisses* <3

Yeah, I know it was a bit too much. Oh, those are basketball shorts by the way; I am comfortable with wear just those since I am so used to scrimmaging shirts v. skins. But yes, I tend to wear sweaters/khakis/button-ups/polos/cardigans among other preppy and "square" clothing most of the time, lmao.

thanks, I hope so as well! I am going to be extremely selective next time. *catches kisses*

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I disagree, I think any excuse for a man to take pictures in his underwear is a good enough one for me! :P

Also, is it wrong that I watched that video and all I could think about was how disappointed I was that that guy wasn't gay?

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
This is a very good link! Personally my favourite part is this:

Someone Made Him Gay
Studies have shown that being gay is not directly related to one's environment. For instance, many mothers in retrospect regret being too close to their sons, thinking that is what "made" them gay. However, their relationship with their child had little to do with them being gay. Homosexuals are born, not made. Research continues in an effort to find the source of homosexuality, but blaming oneself or environment is not the answer.

I've seen so many parents blame themselves for their kids being gay. Not only is this annoying in the sense that it could not possibly be true, but also in the sense that if they blame themselves, they are in essence implying that their child being gay is a situation that requires blame. That has always bothered me.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I've seen so many parents blame themselves for their kids being gay. Not only is this annoying in the sense that it could not possibly be true, but also in the sense that if they blame themselves, they are in essence implying that their child being gay is a situation that requires blame. That has always bothered me.
Well said! People who don't think gays should adopt often say "The kids will turn gay!" There are two things wrong with that: 1. People are born with their sexual orientation. 2. Even if it did make them gay, what's wrong with that? NOTHING!

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Also, is it wrong that I watched that video and all I could think about was how disappointed I was that that guy wasn't gay?
Actually, me too. xD

Well said! People who don't think gays should adopt often say "The kids will turn gay!" There are two things wrong with that: 1. People are born with their sexual orientation. 2. Even if it did make them gay, what's wrong with that? NOTHING!
My favourite argument against this is "oh yeah, because straight parents always have straight kids, right?!"

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
My mom said this exact thing to me when I told her, actually. "It's my fault for raising you wrong."

Offtopic:
Spoiler:

Melody

Banned
Years
Well don't leave the Bis out of the fun...there are myths about us too! x3

http://gaylife.about.com/od/bisexual/a/biman.htm

But yeah...it's totally wrong for blame to be placed when someone comes out. It doesn't matter if they were born that way or not...more often than not, they didn't choose to be that way. I certainly didn't choose to be Bi on a whim. I spent most of my adolescence using sheer force of will to FORCE myself to lean straight. I still catch myself doing it and end up having to slap myself for it...though I don't get angry for stopping myself if I know the person is straight.

I DO understand a phobic person's feelings, to a certain degree, because I spent so much time denying what I was. But phobia has to stop at a certain point, and prejudice begins. I've always reassured people who took me as gay that "No, I'm not gay, I'm bi...and I'm not the kind who hits on straight people." I don't even hit on people I don't know well! I'm far too shy anyway. xD
I'm not the type who hangs out anywhere social, just to pick up partners. I'd rather that I get to know someone naturally, by legitimately crossing paths with them...not because I camped out in their favorite bar just so I could drum up an excuse to talk to them and waste my cheesy, socially awkward pickup lines on someone who would likely turn out straight anyway. XD

My problem lies in the fact that I live, currently, in a tiny central Texas town where I go to college. Now I know I might have a little less of a tough time in my hometown with it, because it's bigger, but that's not the point. The point, and therefore the real problem is that this is such a small community, is that a small community can be just as overwhelmingly accepting and accepting as they can be hostile. If more swing to hostility, it could become a problem. :<

Of course I've already come out to a few people...but those are folks I can trust not to blab it everywhere. I don't see a need to tell someone I'm bi unless I have a crush on them or begin to see them as more than just a friend.

Last edited:

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Ugh. That list. I hate both that there isn't accurate enough language to explain so many concepts to people simply and make things easy for them to understand what isn't this and what is that, but at the same time I wish it wasn't necessary to explain anything at all.
Yeah, I feel exactly the same way since some people are just soooo annoying about it.
It certainly doesn't help that there's actually disagreement within the community, but I guess you kind of see that in any community. >.>

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018

Yeah, I feel exactly the same way since some people are just soooo annoying about it.
It certainly doesn't help that there's actually disagreement within the community, but I guess you kind of see that in any community. >.>

You'd have to ask yourself if LGBT is actually a cohesive community to begin with, or is the sense of community something people imagine to give themselves a sense of belonging?

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
You'd have to ask yourself if LGBT is actually a cohesive community to begin with, or is the sense of community something people imagine to give themselves a sense of belonging?
I was really talking about the trans community in particular, but yes I think there is community here, both in T and LGBT in general. We may not all know each other but the reason we're together is because we are many people working as one to further ourselves in the world, i.e. make ourselves accepted by "the common folk".

I mean, do we not all want to have equal rights and for people to regard us and treat us like the human beings we are? That's true whether you're gay, trans, intersex or whatever.

tl;dr: I do think we are a community because most of us work together in some way.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years

I was really talking about the trans community in particular, but yes I think there is community here, both in T and LGBT in general. We may not all know each other but the reason we're together is because we are many people working as one to further ourselves in the world, i.e. make ourselves accepted by "the common folk".

I mean, do we not all want to have equal rights and for people to regard us and treat us like the human beings we are? That's true whether you're gay, trans, intersex or whatever.

tl;dr: I do think we are a community because most of us work together in some way.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above, and would like to add that one of the most important parts of a community is that members have that "sense of community." And the fact that people believe there is an LGBT community is proof that the community exists. We want to have people we can talk to and rely on, so we gather, whether online or in real life, and that is what makes the community.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018

I see some evidence to the contrary regularly. Just one example that you brought up is the nonacceptance of transsexuals by homosexuals and bisexuals. There is also an internal fight between "masculine" and feminine" and whether one side should be looked down upon with disdain for furthering negative stereotypes.

Melody

Banned
Years
Well I'm genderfluid, and so this can mean I can be more masculine one moment and more feminine the next...and I can remember how violently some people right here on PC reacted when I decided to just switch to female and stick with that a while. :<

So I'm not saying you're wrong Freaky, but there's something you're missing too....and that's probably important. The internal battle doesn't have anything to do with it. It's how others view it.

Back