• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I think we've all determined it is a new type... As I said like six times now, Fairy will likely be the Japanese name with Light being the dubbed name.

Why change the name at all for the international release? We already have the Fairy Egg Group. If anything, the Japanese name would be Yousei.

Maybe we'll all be surprised when Sylveon turns out to be the first dual-type Eevee evolution lol xD

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
They never said it was weak to Fighting attacks. Only two things we know is its Strong against Ice and Weak against Poison.

No Aerilyn is correct.
They tested to see Sylveon's type and figured out it had a weakness to Fighting. They then moved on to see how she faired against Ice, and she did excellent. This would mean Sylveon is weak to Fighting and strong to Ice. The only type that matches this description is Steel, so they decided to see if she was immune to poison to confirm the steel typing. Just because Sylveon was affected by poison does not mean she is weak to it, I am betting she is just neutral to it.

Anyways all they needed to know if she was immune. And she isn't so they found out she is not steel and does not match any current description of typings. I just wish they'd stop stalling and tell us the type already. I don't think they'll keep testing like that though because they found out she isn't Steel and matches no current typings.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
No Aerilyn is correct.
They tested to see Sylveon's type and figured out it had a weakness to Fighting. They then moved on to see how she faired against Ice, and she did excellent. This would mean Sylveon is weak to Fighting and strong to Ice. The only type that matches this description is Steel, so they decided to see if she was immune to poison to confirm the steel typing. Just because Sylveon was affected by poison does not mean she is weak to it, I am betting she is just neutral to it.

Anyways all they needed to know if she was immune. And she isn't so they found out she is not steel and does not match any current description of typings. I just wish they'd stop stalling and tell us the type already. I don't think they'll keep testing like that though because they found out she isn't Steel and matches no current typings.

There were Play by Play translations posted on Pokejungle:

They tested to see if she was fighting type. She failed to break the blocks so they said she wasn't fighting type. Nothing was said about her being weak to fighting type. They then had her break ice. She managed to do that so she was strong vs Ice. They tested to see if she were steel type and had her sniff a flower. She couldn't stand the smell of the flower so they said she was weak to Poison.

• The hosts are testing which types Sylveon fits… what could it be?!
  • The hosts tested to see if Sylveon was Fighting – she failed.
  • Next they tested to see if she was strong against ice – she was!
  • She was strong against Ice, so they tested if she was Steel by attacking her with poison type – She wasn't resistant to it, in fact, it was super-effective against her!

So far its only Ice is weak to Sylveon while Sylveon is weak to Poison.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Just going to ask this, but how does the person not being able to stand the smell of the flower indicate a weakness to Poison? If anything, that seems more like a weakness to Grass to me if the aroma wasn't good. I mean, we have moves like Aromatherapy that are Grass type for a reason. That'd awkwardly make more of an argument for a Rock type, but I really don't see that either. I mean in reality it'll more than likely be a new type sadly, but who knows.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have it figured out. Sylveon is a BLANK type.

Cue the applause.

Cyclone

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Speaking of Blank type, how about a typeless type? An unclassified on. That could be anything. Any type or type of new one.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
I think from its form and color and also its Vampire's Teeths, Its may be Poison/Sound Type .. maybe =D

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Well if you look at it's colour then you could guess it could be Poison type. Maybe a Poison/Flying type can also be assumed

This means it would be the first eeveelution with a dual type...
And i'm not sure why we keep talking about "old" types, since with the Smash
special and what we found out about its strengths and weaknesses, it basically HAS to be a new type

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think from its form and color and also its Vampire's Teeths, Its may be Poison/Sound Type .. maybe =D

Well if you look at it's colour then you could guess it could be Poison type. Maybe a Poison/Flying type can also be assumed

Its not poison or flying. Its weak to poison and strong against ice. Neither of those match any already known type match-up.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Ugh. I'm going to reiterate.

According to Smash...

Sylveon is super-effective against Ice.

We already know...

Flying type is weak to Ice.

I'm also assuming we do not have a dual-type (which would be...well, stupid of them to do).

Let's use a Venn Diagram:

sylveonflying.png

As pictured...

SYLVEON CANNOT POSSIBLY BE FLYING TYPE!

Can we stop with the Flying type suggestions now, please? Thanks!

EDIT: I meant to cross out the area between the circles. Oh well. Imagine I did that, please.

Cyclone

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It's still going to happen, regardless. Unless you're some sort of employee of Gamefreak/Nintendo, speculation about Sylveon is going to happen of every type, some more than others. Flying is still going to be speculated about regardless of whatever Smash has put out, since the official type hasn't been revealed yet.

Is it a sad thing? Perhaps, but people are allowed to speculate whatever they want, after all. ^^;
At this point, if it's Flying type, I'll eat my shirt. (Seriously. It defies logical sense.) Unless the test only proves that Sylveon is not weak to ice, but not necessarily super-effective against it, in which scenario Flying might still be a possibility (as is everything else).

Cyclone

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
As much as I'd like there not to be a new type, it really does seem like Sylveon will be a new type. Before that Smash event, I'd put my money on it being Flying type. But heh, if it is indeed true, then that must not be the case.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2019
Sylveon wouldnt be a good mascot for any eeveelution with a pre existing type. I mean its odd. Fairy fits it more than anything. To say that its going to be flying bug or whatever wouldnt be sensical for its design.

Jolteon is yellow, has zigzags, lala - electric
Vaporeon is blue, liquidy, mermaid - water

Same logic applies with the others, but sylveon... Huh

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Well, Sylphs are air elementals, and the flying type has always stood for wind and air, not just birds and stuff. Ribbons blow in the wind as well, even the Flying-type gym leader Skyla has ribbons in her hair. In fact.....Sylveon looks like her.

But like I said, new type seems likely if that Smash presentation was right.

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Vaporeon - Blue, resembles a fish
Flareon - Orange, has a firey mane
Jolteon - Yellow, has a lighting mane
Espeon - Purple, has a psychic gem on its head
Umbreon - Black, has dark rings on its body
Glaceon - Light Blue, has icy ears
Leafeon - Green, has leaves on its body
Sylveon - Pink, has ribbons

Rock or Fighting type? If you thought that for one second you need help XD
Flying isn't weak to Poison or strong against Ice, you lot appear to be forgetting this. It's a new type, no debate to it.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I'm pretty adamant on dragon, it just hits the color scheme of dragon so well

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Based on all of the information that has been provided thus far, I have to say that it is some kind of new type. There is all of the evidence that Smash provided and then there's the fact that the pokemon revealed after Sylveon have known types. So yeah, I think that it's a new type.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
At this point, if it's Flying type, I'll eat my shirt. (Seriously. It defies logical sense.) Unless the test only proves that Sylveon is not weak to ice, but not necessarily super-effective against it, in which scenario Flying might still be a possibility (as is everything else).

Cyclone

lolwut?

It can't be normal or resisted to Ice and be a Flying type... Because... you see... Flying is weak to Ice...

Back