• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Nice! Thanks for the explanation, I'll be using A-patch for my future hack releases, then. Keep up the good work!
Erm, for a tool recommendation, is there any way you could make a scripting language, much like XSE, that would compile to ASM format? Not with everything of course, but to simplify some of the basics, and make ASM a little more accessible. I don't know much about compilers, so I'm not sure if that would be feasible or not.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
wow congratulations HackMew these tools are great

Thank you :)

Nice! Thanks for the explanation, I'll be using A-patch for my future hack releases, then. Keep up the good work!
Erm, for a tool recommendation, is there any way you could make a scripting language, much like XSE, that would compile to ASM format? Not with everything of course, but to simplify some of the basics, and make ASM a little more accessible. I don't know much about compilers, so I'm not sure if that would be feasible or not.

You're welcome. As for your suggestion, I've already thought about way before you posted, and I will make something for the next XSE version, that's for sure. What I'm not sure about is when it will be released as there's a lot to do, so just be patient. Good tools take time, you know ;)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Yes unfortunately...
And I don't have older version so I cannot script...

If you got any IM accounts such as MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ, this is the right time to send me a PM with details.

---

Little update: Shinyzer is going to get a few more languages, same for A-Ptch which will get a couple of features added too. Don't ask, I'll say it when it's released :D

EDIT: What I said above is also one of the reasons why I decided to delay the A-Ptch tutorial.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
i still can't get over how wonderful these tools are hackmew ;)

i remember the days of the old Xse.. those were good times..
Xse keeps upgrading :O it's so awesome!!

Why, thank you :)
This is my (666+334)th aka 1,000th post.

Atterny

Pokemon Scarlet Head Hacker
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
I cant thank you enough, me and some firends are starting to make a series and these tools are making it much easier, thank you so much!!!

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Sarcastic Prince said:
Oh, that's how you do it? But how do I do that?
I mean, the APS File is a unknown file type, double clicking it does nothing
but shows a list of programs.
Double clicking doesn't work since the file association is done I think. You must select your ROM that you want to patch and the APS file that you'll use and specify the output file as well.

Atterny

Pokemon Scarlet Head Hacker
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Hey, probably the wrong place to ask, but where can i learn to use XSE, i understand hex and all that, but i mean really learn to script. Its one of the last things i need to do before i finish my first rom hack in my series. Any advice will be greatfully taken.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hey, probably the wrong place to ask, but where can i learn to use XSE, i understand hex and all that, but i mean really learn to script. Its one of the last things i need to do before i finish my first rom hack in my series. Any advice will be greatfully taken.

Step 1: Download XSE
Step 2: Goto the folder where you saved XSE and extract it.
Step 3: Open the folder containing the XSE.exe file.
Step 4: Double Click XSE.exe
Step 5: Press F2
Step 6: (Don't skip this one.) Read the ENTIRE .chtm file, it comes free with XSE, and will teach you everything you need to know to get started.
The fact that people don't take 2 seconds to look in the folder with XSE and start spouting things like. "I CANT FIND A TUTORIALS PLz HALP meh NOW!" Makes me quite disappointed at this generation, my own generation.

Follow all the steps above, and read the whole thing, no matter how long. It won't tell you everything about every command ever just yet, it's a work in progress, but it will sure as hell teach you everything you need to know in order to start teaching yourself.

Back