• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2015
Ok, I am having serious trouble editing a minisprite/icon on my ruby hack.
I converted a Dunsparce to a Mew, and everything works except for the cry and the minisprite.

I have tried..
IconED, which gave me a run time error on one version and another told me there were "no offset values..."
Advance Pokemon Icon Editor (with .NET framwork installed) which told me that no INIs were compatible with my rom (I have a ruby hack with no new scripts and a ruby ini was included)
and PokePic which would not import/export both frames of the animated sprite(attempted in png and gif), and would change the colors.

Any ideas? I need this for a starter pokemon, Mew that comes with the game wouldn't work as a starter. Any help PLEASE?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
I have tried to use Cry Pointer Repointer to give my fakemon zapdos's cry. However, when I 'get' zapdos's 'pointer' and copy it and then insert it into the fakemon's 'pointer box' and then click 'repoint', then test the game, the fakemon still has unown's cry.

How do I get this to work?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Ok, I am having serious trouble editing a minisprite/icon on my ruby hack.
I converted a Dunsparce to a Mew, and everything works except for the cry and the minisprite.

I have tried..
IconED, which gave me a run time error on one version and another told me there were "no offset values..."
Advance Pokemon Icon Editor (with .NET framwork installed) which told me that no INIs were compatible with my rom (I have a ruby hack with no new scripts and a ruby ini was included)
and PokePic which would not import/export both frames of the animated sprite(attempted in png and gif), and would change the colors.

Any ideas? I need this for a starter pokemon, Mew that comes with the game wouldn't work as a starter. Any help PLEASE?
I say there's somting wrong with either your rom, the place your rom is located, or the place you downloaded the program from. Try moving the rom into the same folder as the .exe. If that doesn't work try redownloading them some place other than where you got them first. If worse comes to worse you could use Tile molester/Tiled 2002 to edit sprites, then ape to edit the pallettes.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I did it but it the game freezes when I talk to the person containing the dex.

Make sure you're putting the correct offset # for the person - it's not 800000, but whatever XSE assigned as the offset. To make sure, double-click the person and review the script - make sure everything's is as it should be.

(Also, you can change the @800050 script to msg_face and drop the closeonkeypress, since it's a person - you could do the same for the other message, but usually you would have a message to display receiving the item, which msg_keepopen or msg_normal would be better for.)

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Make sure you're putting the correct offset # for the person - it's not 800000, but whatever XSE assigned as the offset. To make sure, double-click the person and review the script - make sure everything's is as it should be.

(Also, you can change the @800050 script to msg_face and drop the closeonkeypress, since it's a person - you could do the same for the other message, but usually you would have a message to display receiving the item, which msg_keepopen or msg_normal would be better for.)

Now that I think about it, it gave me 4 offsets. One was a start@ and the other three were different. Does it matter which one I need? Or does it matter?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Now that I think about it, it gave me 4 offsets. One was a start@ and the other three were different. Does it matter which one I need? Or does it matter?

It matters A LOT.
Remember, if your script starts at @start, then you should use the offset of the start of your script.

1st Gen FTW

We only need 151.
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2011
I have another question.
When I use Advance Map, if I change the inside of a house, sometimes the whole screen turns black when you enter it, and you can't do anything. Does anyone know why it does this and how I could fix it?

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
Okae I know I'm bringing up a problem from what I've seen has been 2 years old so sorry if I'm a little late on new things but can sombody help me out with yape or point me in a direction of a better editor?

It gives me a message of error loading rom. Error reading base stats. I've done every possible thing said in this thread so far anyone help me out?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I didn't know that. So because it starts with @start the offset will be @start? I didnt think @start was an offset.

@start is just like a placeholder for an offset. XSE is very cool, because it literally calculates how much space your script takes, finds the free space available starting at the dynamic offset you put (#dynamic 0x800000) and then tells you what offset it wrote it at in the game. You can put @anything and it will write a script at free space for you.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2011
Can someone post a video link on a tutorial of thingy32 or can someone tell me how to use it?

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Hey, I inserted a world map into my FR rom and palette edited it, but there is one dark blue color that I cannot get rid of/change. It forms a boxes around the "move" and "cancel" commands at the top of the screen as well as one color in the cities of my map. How do I get rid of it?

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
How do i relocate a map in Advance map. lets say i want a map from pewter city to be in pallet town. how would i relocate it?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
How do i relocate a map in Advance map. lets say i want a map from pewter city to be in pallet town. how would i relocate it?

C+P'ed from the last page of the Map Help Thread:

Open the map you want to rename/ move, go to the header and open the dropdown box of names. Select the header you want to move the map to and then save Advance Map. Refresh Advance Map by pressing F5, open the headers and your map should have moved.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
C+P'ed from the last page of the Map Help Thread:

Open the map you want to rename/ move, go to the header and open the dropdown box of names. Select the header you want to move the map to and then save Advance Map. Refresh Advance Map by pressing F5, open the headers and your map should have moved.

I feel somewhat stupid for not noticing this. -____-
thanks for that Dr.Fuji

Edit: i followed what you said but all it did was rename it. it didnt move into the other bank. theres an attachment of the problem below.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2021
Want to add new attacks

I'm trying to add Gen 4 attacks to my hack of FireRed by replacing some of the move clones (Charm=FeatherDance). Editing the move data is very easy with tools like A-tack, but this is only half the battle. Next I need to change the animations to suitable substitutes from attacks in Gen 3.

I'm assuming that somewhere in the ROM there is a table of pointers for these animations, hopefully in the same order as the attack table. So by hex editing this pointer table I should be able to give, say Howl the Cross-Chop animation for X-Scissor.

As such I need to know the offset for the pointer to the Pound animation, or instructions as to how I might go about finding it. Any help is appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2012
Please help a noobie out? ^_^

Hey guys, i just started the basics on ROM Hacking, (More specifically a Fire Red hack, cause i dont think thats been done before) and ive kind of run head first into a wall. Everything is running smoothly, ive changed the starters, messed with the towns and Route 1 encounters to make it less predictable, however, my problem comes with trying to make a trainer and or edit current trainer's teams.
I tried to put in a trainer by using the map editor, which was okay, so i gave it a test run, suddenly the guy turns into Archie from Team Aqua and says "CECECECECECECECECECECE" and his summons a giant "?" In a bubble, now my options are "Ball, rock, bait and run" so i throw a ball, and it acts as if its a trainer battle, and rock and bait do nothing.

Can someone help me with how to mod trainers and create new ones?

Thanks very much for reading my post ^_^

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2015
Hi my question is simple: Is it possible to remove the animation-efect in the intro ,after you talk with the professor and gives him your name and that, where the heroe sprite converts into the mini and the game starts???

Thanks in advance...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey guys, i just started the basics on ROM Hacking, (More specifically a Fire Red hack, cause i dont think thats been done before) and ive kind of run head first into a wall. Everything is running smoothly, ive changed the starters, messed with the towns and Route 1 encounters to make it less predictable, however, my problem comes with trying to make a trainer and or edit current trainer's teams.
I tried to put in a trainer by using the map editor, which was okay, so i gave it a test run, suddenly the guy turns into Archie from Team Aqua and says "CECECECECECECECECECECE" and his summons a giant "?" In a bubble, now my options are "Ball, rock, bait and run" so i throw a ball, and it acts as if its a trainer battle, and rock and bait do nothing.

Can someone help me with how to mod trainers and create new ones?

Thanks very much for reading my post ^_^

You need to make a script for that new trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back