• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Astra: v2.0 (Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyru

-
Years
@tajaros you can make level scripts and trainer scripts in Pokescript lol :) and i know some XSE, enough to edit a script, but not write a whole new one. I just can't do it..

and Ark those fakemon look amazing! and seriously i am in love with those tiles, especially the pokémon mart/center, it looks awesome! :D

Years
thanks :D... my exams will finish on the 6th, so after that, i'll be free to get some fakemon done and maybe some general tiles we can use...

also what do u guys think? all new tiles? or just a few custom tiles with what we need?

so thats good :) each of u guys can script in whatever ur comfortable in :D. The scripts wont get affected unless u try to open them in a different editor, right? that wont be an issue then, i guess, cuz u'll all be scripting in different maps neway :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
yes all new tiles would be good but only do what your comfortable with i have a cousin who does brilliant sprites and tiles if you want help just ask she would love to help.

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years

@Spriters
Check out this gallery, and feel free to sprite any of the sprites here.

ok how about this one of the grunts was the champ but your dad beat him and he lost his way he went into denial until a man tells him there is a way he can get back at your dad. the grunt decides to go along with the plan and ends up part of the evil team who are goint to steal the two legendary pokemon.

@cosmotone8
have we got the name for the first town yet?
I don't think it would be a grunt, lol. If he was once champ, he'd be higher staff for sure. But that is a good idea. Or maybe they could have been childhood friends or something, and then went all crazy after your dad won in a battle against him in a tournament or something like that.
On the other topic now. Well, not really. But I was thinking along the lines of Breeze Town, or something like that.
Also, I think your cousin could be a huge help to us. Is he on PC?

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Great. PM me when hes on. :)

@Spriters
Here is some more fakemon that I have made. If you want to re-vamp them, go ahead.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2012
Name: Jessy
Skill(s): Spriting
Main role: Spriting
Past experience: Spriting for my couson Imrathon
Contact Information: [email protected]
Time Zone: GMT ( i think)
Other: Imrathon's Cousin

Years
im not really inactive...i check the thread twice everyday, ive just had nothing to post on it cause im not an idea person, and im trying out some other styles of drawing so that most of the stuff in this game isn't quadrapadic... i shoiuld be able to get some other things uploaded tonight. btw, are there any ideas on how the legendaries should look? because edwardo gave me the original game plan as to what they should looks like, idk if he gave it to you guys or not...

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Name: Jessy
Skill(s): Spriting
Main role: Spriting
Past experience: Spriting for my couson Imrathon
Contact Information: [email protected]
Time Zone: GMT ( i think)
Other: Imrathon's Cousin
Welcome to the team! I'm glad to see a fellow spriter on the team.

im not really inactive...i check the thread twice everyday, ive just had nothing to post on it cause im not an idea person, and im trying out some other styles of drawing so that most of the stuff in this game isn't quadrapadic... i shoiuld be able to get some other things uploaded tonight. btw, are there any ideas on how the legendaries should look? because edwardo gave me the original game plan as to what they should looks like, idk if he gave it to you guys or not...
No, he didn't. Could you PM them to me? That would be great.

Pokehacker11

a kid with a knack for mapping
Years
Sorry, but I am on a class's trip.
No cell service. I have only 1 bar so I am going to have to make this quick.
I will be bake on Tuesday.
Sorry. My cell is like... The only tec thing they let me bring.
So no laptop.

Cya and sorry...

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
Looks like I'm not the only person :P

Sorry I lost contact, I had several technical difficulties on my little trip.....back home now, but I'm going to have a lot of work in the near future, followed by another trip in three weeks, then a move at the end of june.....fate clearly isn't too pleased with me at the moment. I'll do my best and try keep up with everything.....good thing cosmo is here or we would have fell apart because of me haha.....

Back on topic. you guys are doing excellent, lol, I didn't expect to miss this much while I was gone. Welcome to all our new members :)

Here's something we are going to need to work on/think about soon, what are the main characters going to look like?

Years
bout the main characters, anything should be fine... but since its about day and night, maybe we could implement that in somehow? like the guy wears black with white accessories and the girl is in like red, orange, yellow with a flower pattern or something?

nd i dont think the first town should be breeze town, cuz i'm pretty sure Baro called the first town in quartz breeze town :P

neway... this is so far all the tiles i have...
Spoiler:

a mixture of custom tiles with game rips that i tried to make more pokemon-y :P
tell me if u guys wanna use them? or if u want me to make some edits or redo em completely or whatever :)
i went for a brighter color cuz i felt thats where a more enjoyable background comes from, but that means the overworlds are gonna have to have a strong dark outline so they pop from the background. (but for some reason i think image shack decreases the saturation on the colors, bcuz they were a lot brighter in photoshop)

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
@ark_silvanos

Cool! I love the grass, trees and stones... Things look really good when brightly colored...
But the buildings could use some work.... :)

Anyway they're all awesome great job!

Years
still doing em... then i'll merge em into a tileset, and get rid of any duplicate tiles... r there any specific tiles u need?

oh nd who's gonna insert them? any1 here a fast tile inserter?

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Quoting Outkin here...
One thing a lot of maps are going to need are a special pokecenter. It was planned to have a dual pokemart/center like in black and white, I can do the interior no prob.

The city is also going to need some sort of special building for a pokelab (The default doesn't seem good enough) and something to replace the buildings with (I recall you saying you didn't like how they made the city look like saffron.)

A fountain that can be placed on grass would also be cool.

I understand if you can't complete these or whatnot, and even one will be good.

That's what he told me when I asked, word for word.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Oooo aahhhh.
Yeah that would be anwesome tileset.
I like hacks better with different tilesets unless they're crappy.

Years
Spoiler:

first time i'm doing tile animations, so lmk what u guys think... just a basic fountain... not sure what u meant by could be placed on grass... i could try to do a fancy 1, but that would take a lot more time :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back