• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Hi again, I hope you don't forget my last question it's really important, I know have another problem T____T;;

In the game there is a cave, and I want to make more maps to make the cave big but when I try to add a map it is added "PALLET TOWN"
Why is this happening? D:

The map has to have a name, so it gives the first one in index, which is Pallet Town. Change it by going to the "Header" tab, clicking the dropdown that says "Pallet Town", and selecting another name. It won't show up as the official name immediately, but hitting F5 will show the change.

ok thx
.but i kinda dont know what do i have to put in advance map so plz explain me the whole process after i write the script

You had the process correct. When inserting the script, just highlight the last six zeroes and paste over it, instead of highlighting all eight.

Right, Ive searched everywhere and I can not find an XSE download that actually works? Most are con methods to get me to download something else and arent actually real, and all the ones on here are broken. I just need to script ONE Gym Leader before I can release the Beta of my game damn it.... thanks :)

If its easier however, a Gym Leader script that works with PokeScript will be fine instead thanks!

Right, Ive searched everywhere and I can not find an XSE download that actually works? Most are con methods to get me to download something else and arent actually real, and all the ones on here are broken. I just need to script ONE Gym Leader before I can release the Beta of my game damn it.... thanks :)

If its easier however, a Gym Leader script that works with PokeScript will be fine instead thanks!

Most of the links around here are probably dying, since Megaupload closed down, and other sites are starting to limit downloading. Anyway, but here is a copy of XSE for you. Courtesy of the great Hackmew!

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
Is there a way to change the starting position at the beginning of the game? So you start in a certain map.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
The problem with SMCA is that I can't seem to set an 'Y'-position. Only the X. What's up with that?

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years
The problem with SMCA is that I can't seem to set an 'Y'-position. Only the X. What's up with that?

Code:
080549F8 @ =============== S U B R O U T I N E =======================================
080549F8
080549F8
080549F8 sub_080549F8:                           @ CODE XREF: new_game+CAp
080549F8
080549F8 var_8           = -8
080549F8
080549F8                 PUSH    {LR}
080549FA                 SUB     SP, SP, #4
080549FC                 MOVS    R2, #1
080549FE                 NEGS    R2, R2
08054A00                 [S-HIGHLIGHT]MOVS    R0, #6[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
08054A02                 STR     R0, [SP,#8+var_8]
08054A04                 MOVS    R0, #4
08054A06                 MOVS    R1, #1
08054A08                 MOVS    R3, #6
08054A0A                 BL      sub_0805538C
08054A0E                 BL      load_warp_map
08054A12                 ADD     SP, SP, #4
08054A14                 POP     {R0}
08054A16                 BX      R0
08054A16 @ End of function sub_080549F8

Thing is that the coordinate Y is stored in stack.

To customize the Y coordinate, go to offset 0x054A00 in an hex editor and change the 06 to what you want to be the Y coordinate.

~Sonic1

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
still doesn't work h t t p: //youtu.be/rId6cQkv6tY

There's nothing wrong with your script, so I can only imagine it's your dynamic.

Always use dynamic 0x800000 (or some people use 0x740000 but the first is easier to remember). Free space finder is redundant, and what you're overwriting may not actually be free space.

If that doesn't work, try decompiling the script (from A-Map) and see if it's the same as the original.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
There's nothing wrong with your script, so I can only imagine it's your dynamic.

Always use dynamic 0x800000 (or some people use 0x740000 but the first is easier to remember). Free space finder is redundant, and what you're overwriting may not actually be free space.

If that doesn't work, try decompiling the script (from A-Map) and see if it's the same as the original.
whatcha mean by decompiling.and if i always use 0x800000 how am i gonna write the other scripts i mean they have to have diferent offsets.right?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
whatcha mean by decompiling.and if i always use 0x800000 how am i gonna write the other scripts i mean they have to have diferent offsets.right?

#dynamic 0x800000 means that XSE will calculate how many bytes you need, search for the free space, and insert it where it will fit. It starts searching at 0x800000, and keeps searching until it finds enough free space, and then puts the script there. Basically, just always put #dynamic 0x800000 at the top, then begin writing the script.

PS: You're compiling a script in a very roundabout fashion. All you need to do is write the script, and hit the button with two gears. (when you mouseover, it says compile). And you don't need to save the script either.

Decompiling is when you open the script from Advance Map, i.e. double clicking the event and opening up its event in XSE.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
#dynamic 0x800000 means that XSE will calculate how many bytes you need, search for the free space, and insert it where it will fit. It starts searching at 0x800000, and keeps searching until it finds enough free space, and then puts the script there. Basically, just always put #dynamic 0x800000 at the top, then begin writing the script.

PS: You're compiling a script in a very roundabout fashion. All you need to do is write the script, and hit the button with two gears. (when you mouseover, it says compile). And you don't need to save the script either.

Decompiling is when you open the script from Advance Map, i.e. double clicking the event and opening up its event in XSE.
nad so when i click compile in xse i copy the one that is highlited?

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
Choose a spot, and #dynamic will find the closest area of free space to that spot for you, so you don't have to worry about that.
POTATO.i suck hahah.what do you mean chose a spot.can u show a pic or sumting.english isnt my native language and im 13.so i dont really understand much

droomph

weeb
Years
So like,
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
means that it will search from offset 0x800000, and from there, it looks for a certain amount of repetitions of a certain byte, usually 0xFF. Once it finds a string of that byte long enough it will compile the script there.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
So like,
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
means that it will search from offset 0x800000, and from there, it looks for a certain amount of repetitions of a certain byte, usually 0xFF. Once it finds a string of that byte long enough it will compile the script there.
yeah.but what do i write into A-MAP

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
hmm still doesnt work.this is the script

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk 0x6
release
end

Status