• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Firered Novus ROM BASE

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
I have two questions, how write and repoint the pokedex entry data of new pokemon? because when I write a new description and hit "repoint" the G3HS close and dont make the changes, and how change the cries of new pokemon? because I dont like listen everytime the bulbasaur cry for the new pokemon

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
I have two questions, how write and repoint the pokedex entry data of new pokemon? because when I write a new description and hit "repoint" the G3HS close and dont make the changes, and how change the cries of new pokemon? because I dont like listen everytime the bulbasaur cry for the new pokemon

I use for Pokedex Editing that pokedex editor included into GBAPGE after ini editations.

Jcool

Stellar
Years
Noob question: How did you accomplish this when YAPE gives us only like 20 free slots? I'm guessing there is hex editing involved. Would you be able to post a tutorial on accomplishing this? Someone like me might want to add more than 20 fakemon but not have gen 4,5 and 6 Pokemon for example. Sure I could just make them unobtainable with your patch but it's always fun to learn how to do this stuff.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Noob question: How did you accomplish this when YAPE gives us only like 20 free slots? I'm guessing there is hex editing involved. Would you be able to post a tutorial on accomplishing this? Someone like me might want to add more than 20 fakemon but not have gen 4,5 and 6 Pokemon for example. Sure I could just make them unobtainable with your patch but it's always fun to learn how to do this stuff.

If you're using FireRed, check out the Gen 3 Hacking Suite. It has a button that'll do all the work for you. If you're using Emerald, check out Chaos Rush's tutorial on expanding the pokedex. It's very hex heavy though, so make plenty of backups. If you're using Ruby, I suggest you stop and change to Fr or Em as they are much better.

Jcool

Stellar
Years
If you're using FireRed, check out the Gen 3 Hacking Suite. It has a button that'll do all the work for you. If you're using Emerald, check out Chaos Rush's tutorial on expanding the pokedex. It's very hex heavy though, so make plenty of backups. If you're using Ruby, I suggest you stop and change to Fr or Em as they are much better.

Thanks, I'll look into the Hacking Suite.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
Is there a way for me to download the Mega Evolution additions base on my phone? If so, could I get some help?

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Is there a way for me to download the Mega Evolution additions base on my phone? If so, could I get some help?

There is no way unless you have a Windows Phone. This is because other phones are incapable of running .exe files so you can't really edit anything. Butnif you just want to apply it, download an app that can apply .ips files.

Sceptile90

Years
There is no way unless you have a Windows Phone. This is because other phones are incapable of running .exe files so you can't really edit anything. Butnif you just want to apply it, download an app that can apply .ips files.

I meant is there a way to download the IPS file separately. Like, no hacking tools, just the Rom Base.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
I meant is there a way to download the IPS file separately. Like, no hacking tools, just the Rom Base.

ROM Bases on PC are typically just .ips files because linking to ROMs are illegal. I don't think that Mega Evolutions come seperately in this without the Pokemon, if that is what you are thinking.

Sceptile90

Years
ROM Bases on PC are typically just .ips files because linking to ROMs are illegal. I don't think that Mega Evolutions come seperately in this without the Pokemon, if that is what you are thinking.

Sorry for being unspecific. Where can I just download the IPS patch without downloading the other hacking tools?

*Comet~Stars*

Comet of Stars
Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 24, 2014
It shows like once you got the patch, you can add your own style of Pokemon (Fakemon).

Years
Man ! I can't download the file from filedropper..... It's not starting (causing a time out). It would be better if you upload it anywhere else e.g Mediafire or Attached file.. Will be thankful to you

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Hasn't been any update in a month, is this project still going on? If so can we have an update on the progress please!

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
Sorry for not updating in a long time. The project is still in work I have also moved from a different computer and not carried any of the files with me but don't worry Broly9990 is working on completing Generation 5. I will try to update as much as I can. Thank you all :D

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I hate to be a bother but how come after I change the sprites, the previous ones I change gives me an uncompressed error. Has someone figured how to fix this.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
Try adding the sprite again and click save not save all. Them seems to work if not I'll try to find another way to fix it.

Last edited:

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I dont get that. I use advance sprite editor and copy the # for the pokemon from the gen 3 suite and over right it. But then when I reopen the rom in gen 3 suite it gives me the same error. also when i open advance sprite editor it says
Data is not LZ77 compressed!
And I never repointed the images, just tried to over right the ones for the correct images but i still get the error.

EDIT:
I can't add in the other sprites that aren't in the 64x64 gen 6 source bc the ones I have are re sized from the Smogon XY Sprite Project source by Layell [.... unless u really want me to]. But I could replace the ones with the 64x64 gen 6 source.

Last edited:

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Hi there. Did you want meybe Primal Groudon or/and Kyogre for GBA? I can share it with you since i Remade them for needs of my hack <Still continued Pokemon Ruby Renev> Also I have Mega Rayquaza sprites for GBA.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
I dont get that. I use advance sprite editor and copy the # for the pokemon from the gen 3 suite and over right it. But then when I reopen the rom in gen 3 suite it gives me the same error. also when i open advance sprite editor it says
And I never repointed the images, just tried to over right the ones for the correct images but i still get the error.

EDIT:
I can't add in the other sprites that aren't in the 64x64 gen 6 source bc the ones I have are re sized from the Smogon XY Sprite Project source by Layell [.... unless u really want me to]. But I could replace the ones with the 64x64 gen 6 source.

Copy and paste this into the ini instead. This worked for me when I was editing on Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor

Spoiler:

Edit: I'm also going to update the main post as I've not updated it. I will try to keep on top of it weekly. Mega Evolution will be removed for the time being until I or someone else finds a better way of adding it to Generation 3. However the items will still be in the games code but won't do anything.

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Copy and paste this into the ini instead. This worked for me when I was editing on Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor

Spoiler:

Edit: I'm also going to update the main post as I've not updated it. I will try to keep on top of it weekly. Mega Evolution will be removed for the time being until I or someone else finds a better way of adding it to Generation 3. However the items will still be in the games code but won't do anything.
I tried that and get this error and i opened the ini in Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor and copy/pasted it. it doesn't seem to work.
Spoiler:

Back