• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
sorry, I'm a little impatient because this is a big issue for me right now. I just thought I would bump my problem.

If using vba then just press shift and f1 to save your game, and then whenever you want to reload your savestate just press f1.

wrong section, btw. Both our posts will probably be deleted.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
hmm, but doesn't that just save that certain game? If I make changes, they won't be in effect if I load that state. Which section does it belong in?

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
Both of you might have the same problem.
@Denali : You probably mistaken setflag (set the flag) command with clearflag (it clears = delete it, the flag).

I did use clearflag though. I used clearflag 0x200, then I used setflag 0x828 to set the Pokemon menu. Should I put them in a different order or something?

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
hmm, but doesn't that just save that certain game? If I make changes, they won't be in effect if I load that state. Which section does it belong in?

Actually, vba loads the .sav when you click on the pokemon start menu, but vba will load its own created .sgm, which has different properties and will respond to any changes you did.

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
I'm trying to hide this sprite of a Pokedex, but it's not disappearing.. Am I placing the hidesprite command at the wrong place or something?

All my starter pokeballs disappear for good when I script them in a similar way, but what is off?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I'm trying to hide this sprite of a Pokedex, but it's not disappearing.. Am I placing the hidesprite command at the wrong place or something?

All my starter pokeballs disappear for good when I script them in a similar way, but what is off?

Spoiler:

When you set a flag, you should put the flag in the people ID of the person. In your case, the PokeDex. To do so, in Advance Map, press on the PokeDex you want to disappear and scroll to the people ID. Change it from 0000 to 0829 (setflag 0x829).
Also, hidesprite 0x13..are you sure you changed the PokeDex number from decimal to hex? Like, 10 in decimal is A in hex.

KotovSyndrome_

Consumer of many asparagus.
Years
Sorry for posting so much XD

but I've got another problem...
This is a mom style script, everything works perfectly, except the running shoes don't active...
I'm using XSE & Firered.

Spoiler:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Sorry for posting so much XD

but I've got another problem...
This is a mom style script, everything works perfectly, except the running shoes don't active...
I'm using XSE & Firered.

Spoiler:

You got the clearflag and setflag commands mixed up on this one, changes are in BOLD RED

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
When you set a flag, you should put the flag in the people ID of the person. In your case, the PokeDex. To do so, in Advance Map, press on the PokeDex you want to disappear and scroll to the people ID. Change it from 0000 to 0829 (setflag 0x829).
Also, hidesprite 0x13..are you sure you changed the PokeDex number from decimal to hex? Like, 10 in decimal is A in hex.

You, sir, are amazing. Thank you so much haha. I forgot to change that to hex! I knew to do that!! I just forgot to do it ha ha. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

But now I have this strange problem... Whenever I enable to Pokedex and the Pokemon menu they work fine, but if I open them immediately after setting their flags my character switches to Oak, and changes his sprite to mine, but with a messed up pallet.

wth?

Nevermind. I guess it was just a glitched up sprite, I deleted and replaced it. Damn AdvanceMap.... this latest version is giving me more bugs than the old one did.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Now, sadly, there is another issue I'm dealing with. When I use the "removesprite" command with pokescript, the sprite doesn't immediately vanish. It only vanishes when I walk to another map. Here is an example of my script:

#org $yes
message $yes2
$yes2 1 = Took the WATER STONE.
boxset 6
giveitem 0x61 0x01
release
removesprite 5
setflag 0x1201
setflag 0x1204
release
end

I set the sprite's "person event" is 5.
I set the sprite's "person id" is set to 1201.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, because I have literally copied other people's code that I know works, but it never works

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
Now, sadly, there is another issue I'm dealing with. When I use the "removesprite" command with pokescript, the sprite doesn't immediately vanish. It only vanishes when I walk to another map. Here is an example of my script:

#org $yes
message $yes2
$yes2 1 = Took the WATER STONE.
boxset 6
giveitem 0x61 0x01
release
removesprite 5
setflag 0x1201
setflag 0x1204
release
end

I set the sprite's "person event" is 5.
I set the sprite's "person id" is set to 1201.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, because I have literally copied other people's code that I know works, but it never works

you shouldn't be using pokescript. pokescript is really buggy to begin with. I'll convert that to xse as best as I can. I would do more, but I don't know all that you're trying to do, so I'll write my own script that gives a water stone.

Conversion:
Spoiler:

Mine:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
haha ok. Thanks, I'll try to start using xse because it seems to be what most people are using.

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
Hey I'm trying to make a script where you can't leave the level until you set off this flag (250), which I'm using as my starter pokemon script, but everytime I test it out the game freezes. Even if I delete and change the sprite.

I can apply the script to a person and when I talk to him, he moves me and talks, but I want it to set off when I walk onto a square.

Last edited:

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
For some reason it still doesn't work..
Could it be something to do with my maps or something?

Well, I rewrote your script a little, and it works just fine on my end. It increased in length, but I think it didn't work because either you had a glitched sprite or because you were confusing a few commands up like clear and check flag.

Here's my script, but I didn't set it up to use your @2 and @3 text, you can do that:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
For some reason it still doesn't work..
Could it be something to do with my maps or something?

It could be the map, especially if it's Pallet Town. The running shoes don't work there unless you change the "Show name on entering" section in the Header from "Show village names" to something else.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
It could be the map, especially if it's Pallet Town. The running shoes don't work there unless you change the "Show name on entering" section in the Header from "Show village names" to something else.

Before messing around with the header, I would rather make sure the flag is being set properly first.

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
Okay I'm having trouble with flags. I set a flag, then I clear it in a different script but it won't work. Then I set another flag and place the flag number in the person event ID. (This is a script where you can't leave the room until you pick up a poke ball from a table).

Here's the script taking the poke ball.
Code:
#dynamic 0x8003C3
#org @newgrowls
checkflag 0x901
if 0x1 goto @done
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
givepokemon 58 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x3000
release
end
#org @done
clearflag 0x900
release
end
#org @1
= Let's go Growly....\nTime to visit Professor Oak.

This script prevents you from leaving the room.
Code:
#dynamic 0x800309
#org @mover
setflag 0x900
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @move2
waitmovement 0x0
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE
#org @move2
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE
#org @1
= Woops! Probably should bring\nGrowly along....
Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and what I should do?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
It just freezes the game when I step on the spot.

Game: Firered
Type: Rival
Editor: PKSV-UI by Score_Under
Script:
Spoiler:

If you can't help me with this script editor could you give it to me in XSE mode.

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
It just freezes the game when I step on the spot.

Game: Firered
Type: Rival
Editor: PKSV-UI by Score_Under
Script:
Spoiler:

If you can't help me with this script editor could you give it to me in XSE mode.
Did you put "0300" for the unknown and "4050" for the var number in advanced map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back