• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Indigo League

A few questions about the camera (fill out after you try the newest beta)

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2010
I will follow this right through, this looks set to be an awesome game! Keep up the good work, I'm loving what I see so far.

Years
@POKEMONMASTER260: I think you hit the nail on the head mate :) Good to have your support
@nightmonkey: Aww.. Did you register just to post that? How cute lol

Ok well I've got some news, I decided I was in a good position to get wireless broadband again so I will be able to post another update when I actually want to. I updated the 1st post and took out some stuff that I wrote like 6 months ago which was annoying me.. Hmm.. Oh yeah, Misty4Life has joined the team. I can already feel a much more defined path ahead, I'll update when some testing has been done.
Take it easy..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
oh wow, this game looks amazing! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
Years
Hmm, this thread hasn't been getting much activity lately, but I promise that Krazy_Meerkat and I have been working hard on the details of this game. I was actually surprised with the lack of critque, so I suppose the two of us will have to work harder to get some support from the loyal members of PC. I would just like to thank those that already support us, and would like to welcome anyone's opinions. Feel free to give us ideas, tell us what you like and don't like, and what you'd like to see in the game. Any comments would be appreciated. : )

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
This is probably one of the better games on this board- I always used to wish the old red/blue games played like the anime.

Good luck with this game, I will be keeping an eye out on this thread :)

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Ahh long time no see friend!! Looking good man nice to see you making games again :). I havent been on here for ages and seems your doing rather well, good job. I like your ideas very cool. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Talk to you later :D!

Years
:D Rm2k3Kid! It's an honor to have you post in this thread, it's been such a long time mate..
Really good to see you, hey I just realized that we joined PC at the exact same time :/ never noticed that before.. Alright well, don't be a stranger k

I'm happy that people support the game, but I'm not getting the amount of feedback I was hoping for.. I'm going to make some vid's which will show the following things:
*Both possible intro-bridge scenes (Paper/Scissors/Rock mini-game)
*Spearow/Misty scene from episode 1
*Ash-calling-home scene from episode 2 (The transition is very unique, It actually is Ash's house)
As a side-note, In the scene where Oak calls up the Viridian PC to speak to Ash, his image is not displayed as a 1/4 of the TV's size because it was too small to have much definition, so his image is 4/4 (1)...
Umm.. Yeah the length of some scenes will give you an indication that this demo is really going to be the equivalent of a full-release.. I will be doing some more storyline/map work this weekend but the focus has shifted to working on systems such as NPC-AI..
Ok well that's all for now, I really want some big posts when the video's are up please.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
wow this looks awesome! I wish you the best of luck on this!

FlaafyFTW

Researcher of Orange Lore
Years
Ah im just posting to wish you the best of luck on this game as i can, and i assure you that the support is here, i just think people might not generally post until this thread really gets going.
But when i was playing red/blue back in the old days i really did wish it would play liek the anime but it didnt, but this thread might make a childish Dream come true! =P

Best of luck and im looking forward to more =)

Years
Thanks Flaafy, I'll try my hardest :)

Good news, the video's are up. Please keep in mind that I know about the HP glitch on status change during a battle, and the tile that appears above the player's image will be fixed too.
We really appreciate all the support this game has received, this is all I can give back for now.
Please enjoy!
Edit: I have just watched them and the sound didn't sync up properly when I uploaded them, also a lot more lag seems to have been added due to the uploading/converting processes of youtube and my internet connection.. I'm terribly sorry about that, there was only supposed to be a little lag, but some parts are ok.. The Viridian PC one and the Alternate Intro seemed to be fairly lag-free..
I'll make a lower quality recording soon, that should fix the lag (I'll clear the max ram I can before I record this time).. I didn't think to test the online version until just now..

Edit2:
IntendedIntro scene is still a bit laggy (it only lags at parts with lots of npcs, in-game there is almost no lag on the laptop)
AlternateIntro scene has a tiny bit of lag.
Phonecall/Oak scene is playing at realtime.
Spearow/Misty scene has been greatly improved, there is about 1 min of bearable lag at the start then it's realtime.
All videos will be low quality, but important details retained a decent amount of quality (character sprites etc.).. Please bear in mind that I'm using an out-dated laptop and the recording software uses up quite a bit of cpu (as well as running the game). But I ran the recording with every non-essential process ended, so there was a touch of lag because there are so many events in one place on the map and more lag was added to that by uploading.. But I'm quite happy with the results this time.

Intended Intro *New*

Alternate Intro (Paper/Scissors/Rock mini-game) *New*

Calling Home and Oak Calls *New*

Spearow/Misty Scene *New*

Last edited:

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Its been a very long time since i have seen the series lol. Looking good so far and yeah videos lagged a fair bit in places. Hope to see more man. Good luck ;)

The_Virus21

Aquamarin Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2011
I don't know what I want to say to this game.
There are very good things, and very very bad things.

Virus

Years
Erm.. You haven't told me anything from that, virus.. >.>
Think for a few more seconds before you post, there are an incredible number of variants in game making and I don't have time to guess what you mean.

I haven't fixed the vids yet because I've been trying to fix the hp glitch.. Some of the HP bar gfx actually disappear and the status bar seems to mess up the HP's co-ordinates, and I'm still trying to work out where it was displayed and why it was removed.. (This is a default glitch with the starterkit, nothing to do with me.)
I've updated the 1st post again, I hope I have explained everything the right way..
Don't even bother watching those vids, the lag is un-bearable. I am going to fix some stuff and then post the lag-free vids..
I'm very disappointed with the way this has turned out.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Lol dont worry, if you havent noticed virus needed 15 posts to make his game thread. Thats how he got em. he went to like all the games and made comments like that so dont worry....

Years
All links to the videos are fixed, for more information check post #51.
The HP-glitch was just an abnormality in the script, I assume there was an error during compiling/decompiling/saving but I've fixed it this time.
As a little treat, here is a preview of some isometric buildings that I worked very hard to make, please do not steal them.
I'm especially proud of the 1st and 3rd building so please enjoy!
385251888317.PNG

Anyone who can't see the image please click here.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I'm pretty sure the roof on the first one is supposed to be a triangular prism-shaped roof, not a flat roof... Otherwise, they're pretty good. They do look a bit flat, though; maybe you should make them a bit taller.

Back