• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Now, the Indigo Hills Hidden Grotto leads me to be stuck in a cave somewhere.

EDIT: Actually, all of them do. When I tried Indigo Forest's Hidden Grotto, I got warped to the same place.
Fixed.

Also, when exiting Indigo Forest, Ben has black hair instead of a cooltrainer's usual purple. When I go there from someplace else, it's purple.
Weird.

Also, I found that my new Surskit still has Intimidate, and, uh, learns Gust at level 10. Is this purposeful?
Yes, as listed in the README, Surskit is one of the buffed Pokémon. It isn't meant to have Intimidate though.

EDIT 2: I found out that the Root Fossil (Lileep) in the Under Forest shows a sprite of Loudred instead of Lileep. In addition, nabbing the Root Fossil gains you a Storage Key instead. When I take the Claw Fossil, which is what I want, I get the Root Fossil instead. >.>
Fixed.

Are you gonna upgrade the Lileep line, by the way? They're not entirely useful in Gen III.
Probably, eventually.

The PC Nurse at Crimsonburg welcomes you to the Lilac City's Pokemon Center, not sure if this spreads at other places.
Fixed.

Other than that, when your "rival" appears for the first time, he was invisible to me at one of the tiles.
Could I have more info?

Also, your rival won't give you the Egg unless you have 2 empty slots instead of 1. Where does he live, anyway?
Fixed by removing the Egg. It isn't necessary because you can catch the evolved form anyway.

Redownload pls.

Also here have some new content

ervTojp.png
SjQ1nu7.png
rkJZPC6.png
k7bIsqV.png

Spoiler:

Also, Ash Hills (Route 113) is now accessible with battle-able Trainers.

ryeRwNK.png
dJfsvZn.png
kwFW9ZJ.png

Last edited:

HyperKiller

What if..?
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
Alright, on the evolution things, I like it!

A question, though: About the Porygon evolutions, does the Up-Grade and Dubious Disc now act as an evolution stone for it now, or is it by trade?

Oww. I play from the start to find fresh special Pokemon.

Only to find that "special" is very, very common in this update. (Finally, imgur works.)

2YbTcwe.png
xaJ6Noj.png

I caught a Kangashkan in the Indigo Hills Hidden Grotto, and whether I run from it, catch it, defeat it, she's still there. I think this may be a problem for the others, too.

Other than that..
9nWKFHe.png

The waterfall seems.... mistiled at the edge there. A fix could increase the beauty of this place.

EDIT: Moonlight, moonlight, status screens asleep.

CJiaCKP.png

In the new update, I can't open my Treecko's status screen. I'm able to open the others, though. Even if I switch my Treecko's place with the rest of my team, freeze is ensured.

Basically, I have to freeze my game every time I want to see my Treecko's status screen, stats and moves.

Last edited:
Years
A question, though: About the Porygon evolutions, does the Up-Grade and Dubious Disc now act as an evolution stone for it now, or is it by trade?
They work like evolution stones.

2YbTcwe.png
xaJ6Noj.png

I caught a Kangashkan in the Indigo Hills Hidden Grotto, and whether I run from it, catch it, defeat it, she's still there. I think this may be a problem for the others, too.
Hm, this should be fixed but I'm not 100% sure.

9nWKFHe.png

The waterfall seems.... mistiled at the edge there. A fix could increase the beauty of this place.
I can't see what you're saying here man ):

Should be fixed.

Redownload please.

I've also updated the sprites of the Treecko line, Torchic line, Mudkip line, Zigzagoon line, Wurmple line, Lotad line, Seedot line, Nincada line, Shroomish line and Taillow (not its backsprite, and not Swellow, yet). Thanks to Chaos Rush and the contributors to the 64x64 resource, as always.

Gen 4 evolutions have also been added in (so if you caught a Togepi in Eevee Gardens, you can now evolve it into a Togekiss, for example).

You can also buy Shiny Stones, Dusk Stones, Dawn Stones and Royal Stones from the same stall in Ceilgrove City that sell the other evolutionary stones.

nQOuPem.png
Z3hmLky.png
weQNTEm.png

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Other than that..
9nWKFHe.png

The waterfall seems.... mistiled at the edge there. A fix could increase the beauty of this place.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I can't see what you're saying here man ):

I think he means this:
xBkfX.jpg

Ledges for the edge of the waterfall, but to me, it would look weird with ledges, and not to mention illogical.

Years
I'm back (for now):
Spoiler:

Years
QB1Vvzq.png
JIVk4Y1.png

Doduo seems to have been replaced by Mamoswine.
Do you remember where you caught Doduo? I thought it was unobtainable.

nYlO4o9.png
sIH99dL.png

I never knew Fallarbor Town had multiple floors.

LEsLvc7.png
TWotpRh.png

The Fossil Maniac's house and Lanette's house still freeze and go black when you go into them.

u4hW9D2.png
CZkHuKf.png

Their text gets cut off.
Fixed.

KHhGhLf.png

The Bubble animation is a little weird at the end.
Hm weird, there doesnt seem to be anything different with the actual animation codes so I'll have to look into this.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Poliwhirl → Royal Stone → Politoed
Slowpoke → Royal Stone → Slowking
Seadra → Royal Stone → Kingdra
Feebas → Royal Stone → Milotic
idk, it just seems kinda weird that you also happen to have an item called "Royal Stone" in your hack, and that the same Pokemon evolve from it (barring Seadra, whereas I use a different item for it in my hack) that I chose to also evolve from the Royal Stone item in my hack.

I'm not asking you to change it, as its possible that you somehow came up with exactly the same item name by coincidence, but if you did get it from me (a name I came up with as early as when I was doing the Ruby 649 thing), I would at least prefer some form of acknowledgement :/ I'm not exactly comfortable with people using custom item names I came up with without asking first. (If you had asked, I would have been just fine with it).

This is all under the assumption that you got the name "Royal Stone" from my hack. If by coincidence, you somehow came up with the term "Royal Stone" yourself, then ignore this post.

Years
idk, it just seems kinda weird that you also happen to have an item called "Royal Stone" in your hack, and that the same Pokemon evolve from it (barring Seadra, whereas I use a different item for it in my hack) that I chose to also evolve from the Royal Stone item in my hack.

I'm not asking you to change it, as its possible that you somehow came up with exactly the same item name by coincidence, but if you did get it from me (a name I came up with as early as when I was doing the Ruby 649 thing), I would at least prefer some form of acknowledgement :/ I'm not exactly comfortable with people using custom item names I came up with without asking first. (If you had asked, I would have been just fine with it).

This is all under the assumption that you got the name "Royal Stone" from my hack. If by coincidence, you somehow came up with the term "Royal Stone" yourself, then ignore this post.

Huh, that is a weird coincidence.

I wouldn't want to cause any confusion or offence, so I'll change anyway seeing as your post was made before mine so it is your idea.

Would you be okay with the rename "Regal Stone," or does that still bear too much of a resemblance?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Huh, that is a weird coincidence.

I wouldn't want to cause any confusion or offence, so I'll change anyway seeing as your post was made before mine so it is your idea.

Would you be okay with the rename "Regal Stone," or does that still bear too much of a resemblance?
I'm actually totally fine with the "Royal Stone" name, I was just wondering if you got it from me and used it without permission/acknowledgement, or if you coincidentally somehow came up with the exact same name. Regal Stone is fine.

(and it's not really too weird of a coincidence, since it seems logical to use a name like "Royal Stone" for Pokemon that only evolved by King's Rock by trade)

HyperKiller

What if..?
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
ZhRPbKH.png

Left is Cobalt and Right is Fire Red, you can see the differences at the bottom, so I suggest try making it like that.

Repatched the game on a clean ROM. Treecko stsats screen still freezes when viewing.

This is what I meant with the "Rival/Friend" invisible error.

TnoWPqa.png
BPbXKTT.png

I suddenly walk down, and, nobody comes, this still happens after the battle, as shown with the name in the 2nd picture.

Also, you should boost Spinda's Sp. Attack a little, since, in vanilla Pokemon, most people use Spinda for Special moves like Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.

In addition, Captain Braveton says that I can find him in "Indigo Path", though there is none and I think he's referring to Indigo Hills.

I also found out that I can use Cut outside of battle when I get the HM from notLorelei, but I can't use it when cutting grass outside of battle.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
Only played about 5-10 minutes in and the pace of the game is really refreshing. It's frustrating when it takes over 30 minutes to even get to the first gym.

Years
Captain Braveton says that I can find him in "Indigo Path", though there is none and I think he's referring to Indigo Hills.
Fixed.
ZhRPbKH.png

Left is Cobalt and Right is Fire Red, you can see the differences at the bottom, so I suggest try making it like that.
Ah, I see, I've changed it accordingly - you're right, it looks better.

Repatched the game on a clean ROM. Treecko stsats screen still freezes when viewing.

This is what I meant with the "Rival/Friend" invisible error.

TnoWPqa.png
BPbXKTT.png

I suddenly walk down, and, nobody comes, this still happens after the battle, as shown with the name in the 2nd picture.
I also found out that I can use Cut outside of battle when I get the HM from notLorelei, but I can't use it when cutting grass outside of battle.
I encounter none of these. Maybe use a new .sav file?

Also, you should boost Spinda's Sp. Attack a little, since, in vanilla Pokemon, most people use Spinda for Special moves like Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.
Maybe.

Only played about 5-10 minutes in and the pace of the game is really refreshing. It's frustrating when it takes over 30 minutes to even get to the first gym.
duuuuuuuude your script is AWSOME!
u only need need lil of sprits and upgraded graphics.. and this hack will the BEST EVER!
Thank.

redownroad.

im not gonna be here for the next four days or so, so I wont be able to update.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
Uhh hi (: umm i download the latest patch and when i extract the patch from the folder and try to apply the patch to a clean fire red rom it gives me an error... h t t p : / / g y a z o . c o m / 4 6 8 b 7 6 c a 4 7 e 1 0 e 7 1 8 7 1 4 8 9 e 8 6 0 7 3 a 3 6 2 sorry but i had to space it out, but yea i chose the correct files and i have a mac with a patcher called MultiPatch and it can patch .ips and .ups files only. Im only going through this trouble because i honestly really want to play Cobalt lol. thanx in advance if you reply

HyperKiller

What if..?
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
Uhh hi (: umm i download the latest patch and when i extract the patch from the folder and try to apply the patch to a clean fire red rom it gives me an error... h t t p : / / g y a z o . c o m / 4 6 8 b 7 6 c a 4 7 e 1 0 e 7 1 8 7 1 4 8 9 e 8 6 0 7 3 a 3 6 2 sorry but i had to space it out, but yea i chose the correct files and i have a mac with a patcher called MultiPatch and it can patch .ips and .ups files only. Im only going through this trouble because i honestly really want to play Cobalt lol. thanx in advance if you reply

First of all, Spherical Ice is gone for a while. Also, he already included a UPS Patcher in the Cobalt download, why don't you just use that instead of your MultiPatcher? The main UPS Patcher would be better in patching that game than that, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back