• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
Brilliant hack, very impressed. Just got two questions if anyone can answer?

1) When my Electabuzz was level 40 it evolved into Electivire BUT I wasn't holding the -izer item and also it went down to a level 37. Is this a bug in the hack or a feature of the Pokemon itself (I haven't played anything from FireRed / LeafGreen)

2) Headbutt trees doesn't seem to work at all BUT I am using it from Bidoof / Bibarel - do I have to teach someone the TM first?

Thanks for a great game.

To all those who want a complete pokedex it probably isn't going to happen as sine this is a Ruby hack you can only store 30 pokemon in 14 boxes = 420 pokemon.

What I like about playing hacks in general is using a Pokemon early in the game that you wouldn't normally use if you were playing an official game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2013
Can someone tell show me the character creation for the current version of the game? I downloaded two versions and they are both different. One has the professor with long hair with a magmortar, the johto starters, and kaori with yellow hair, and one has her with short hair and glasses with a snivy, the kanto starters and kaori with purple hair. Are any of these the right ones and which one is it?

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
Can someone tell show me the character creation for the current version of the game? I downloaded two versions and they are both different. One has the professor with long hair with a magmortar, the johto starters, and kaori with yellow hair, and one has her with short hair and glasses with a snivy, the kanto starters and kaori with purple hair. Are any of these the right ones and which one is it?

The one with the Snivy is the new(est) one, the one with the Magmortar is the old one.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2013
I've tried the patch with multiple Ruby ROMs and haven't been able to get it to work. I don't want a link to the correct ROM, obviously, but could anyone tell me exactly what type of Ruby ROM I need?

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2013
Is there any way to play this without changing the save type on the emulator???
Im trying to play on my mobile gba emulator, but there is no option to change that...and i just get white screen when i try to load the rom....the older version worked fine...but this didnt....solutions plz?

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
Is there any way to play this without changing the save type on the emulator???
Im trying to play on my mobile gba emulator, but there is no option to change that...and i just get white screen when i try to load the rom....the older version worked fine...but this didnt....solutions plz?

I've been getting this same problem, except I've been using VBA, and have been patching the english ips version to a Ruby ROM. Does anyone have the solution? Oh and I'm using a mac

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2012
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION? My previous question was unanswered concerning Pokemon ev yields in this rom. Anyways how does this game determine if a move is Att or Sp.Att is it like gen 3 where it is dependent on the move type, or like gen 4 and forward where it depends on the individual move itself?

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2014
How? English version isn't available...

How am I supposed to be able to play? The english version on badongo has been deleted because it's been inactive for over a month. And when I tried to get the ips patch it's only the beta 1.

Please help ASAP.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
I swear I've got a clean ruby rom I've used for Snakewood and Life of Guardians, but when patching it with the english ips the game does not work. Does anyone have a solution to this? I can't actually figure it out.

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
every time i try downloading it in English gba file it says the file was deleted. how can i get the english gba file version. please help

every time i try downloading it in English it says the file was deleted. how can i get the english version. please help

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION? My previous question was unanswered concerning Pokemon ev yields in this rom. Anyways how does this game determine if a move is Att or Sp.Att is it like gen 3 where it is dependent on the move type, or like gen 4 and forward where it depends on the individual move itself?
Your question probably was ignored because it was impossible to answer directly.
It's like this: You can never expect to get the amount of EVs you think you should get becuase I think Wes did not bother with editing these minor things.
So you may get different EVs for Pokémon you battle than you would expect.
Because game takes Pokémon as data so if... let's say Arceus replaced Pidgey then you would get EVs equal to Pidgey's emount of given EVs not Arceus'.

And the next question.
This has no Physical/Special split => it depends on the type of move.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2012
Another thing that i am wondering about is if you can get the pokemon from the fossils annywhere?

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
Some glitches I found and Want fixed, if possible.

Hi. I played the game and liked it. however, as always, I came across a couple of glitches. Here is a list of bugs and glitches I found:

1.When I evolved Electabuzz, He went from a male (previous gender) to a female (new gender).

2. When i talked to the man who offered Dratini, I said no, because I needed to put a pokemon in the pc. But When I came to talk to him, he didn't even say the yes or no question.

That's all I found so far (or as far as I remember), I was wondering if you guys could fix them. I really wanted Dratini, and I would hate to start all over again, same with Electrivire. If you can, I would appreciate it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2014
I seem to be experiencing a problem with the English IPS patch. :/

I applied the patch to a Ruby ROM and tried to load it on VBA, but for some reason all I get is a white screen. I thought maybe it was just the emulator or something, so I tried No$GBA, but I still got the same result. I saw people mentioning earlier that you have to change the save type. If that is all I need to do, can someone please tell me what I have to change it to?

If that isn't the problem, does anyone have a solution?

hoboman24

Excadrill24
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
Hey, this was an awesome hack. I only have one con though, the champion, and gym leaders have trainer music.

Back