• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generational Tornament

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
Years
Ever felt like throwing a twist into battles? Especially tournament battles? This is the right one to join then. This tournament is specifically for each generation pokemon. So you won't see a Tyranitar and Dragonite, in every team, nor see Electvire, and Snorlax.

Battling
The Toruny is going to be held with a Point System instead of Single Elimination.
This will give people a more enjoyable time. And allow show who came out on top. for those who don't know, an example will be posted below.

ex. Participants XXXX, YYYY, and ZZZZ.
To start XXXX vs YYYY (three times as stated in the rules)
XXXX won 2/3 times, thus giving him 2 points. and YYYY will only have 1 point.

Now ZZZZ vs YYYY (again 3 battles)
YYYY won 3/3 Battles giving him 3 more points. With a grand total of 4 points.

ZZZZ vs XXXX (3 battles)
ZZZZ swept XXXX unprepared team 3 times, giving ZZZZ 3 pints.

Final Scores
XXXX-2
YYYY-4
ZZZZ-3

So YYYY won for that week.

Points will role over to the next week. so everybody will start off with the points they previously had. Negitive points will not go into effect. Leaving everybody with a little dignity.

Each week will have a Different Generation you can battle from.

Week 1- Pokedex Numbers 1-151
Dates July 4 - July 8

Week 2- Pokedex Numbers 152-251
Dates July 11 - July 15

Week 3- Pokedex Numbers 252-386
Dates July 18 - July 22

Week 4- Pokedex Numbers 386-493
Dates July 25 - July 29

Week 5- Pokedex Numbers 494-649
Dates August 1- August 5

Rules

- Ubers are forbidden
- NU-OU may be used up to you
- Wins are best 2 out of three 3 so the max you have to battle one person will be 3 times.
- Registration for the event will be started as soon as this gets posted.
- Disconnections are up to the participants, whether or not it was a win, loss, or rematch.

How to register

Post your name and Friend code, either 4th gen or 5th gen please tell which you are battling off of. So we can allow for everybody to play.

If you have both generations you may choose the one you want to battle on or both. all the way up till the Fifth generation battles.
Please post what games you are going to be playing from one or the other or both. So I can keep track of whos doing what please and thank you. with that being said, please post once the battles start who won and lost please.

Example:
Name-DPPt/HGSS FC 0000-0000-0000
Name-B/W FC 0000-0000-0000

Participants

D/P/Pt HGSS

ssbanic-4470 2035 2417

vPHOTONv- 3095 8684 9652

Garrabutarulo-2021 2661 5095

Blastflosion-0002 8096 7850

Goirish3-1892 1949 7501

B/W

Sneakyhipo-5372-0923-9854

K-van-2795 1154 9122

Polkop-4856-6663-4722

Akatsuki_no_Tenshi-4770 7051 378

Umacka-0948-3325-0518

Dreyko-2150 7617 9920

Eleken- 5286 1580 5052

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2013
I can give it a shot i guess. Battling on diamond, FC: 4470 2035 2417
I'm not very good

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2011
I'll battle from B/W

FC's in the sig :D

Oh, also, are there any aditional rules? Or banned things? OHKO moves, Speed Boost Blaziken, Drizzle + Swift Swim, Evasion increasing??

Last edited:

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
Years
Ok, I'm joining!!
I have Soul Silver. My FC is 2021 2661 5095. I think I can only do 1st and 2nd gen, but at least I'll have some cool battles ^^

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
Years
I'll give it a try!!!
Register me for pokemon black and White section.

Little question: Do I have to use the same team in each of the 3 battle?

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
Years
I'll battle from B/W

FC's in the sig :D

Oh, also, are there any aditional rules? Or banned things? OHKO moves, Speed Boost Blaziken, Drizzle + Swift Swim, Evasion increasing??

I'll give it a try!!!
Register me for pokemon black and White section.

Little question: Do I have to use the same team in each of the 3 battle?

I don't really know, sorry this is my first torny I came up with, and I've only had the game for about a week. Does it need to be banned, and what clauses should be banned as well.

It's really up to you, if you want to switch it up, and if it's okay with the other participant then I think you can do whatever you want as long as you stay within the generation regulations.

Last edited:

umacka

Pokemon DS Hacker
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 1, 2015
Eh, Why not

FC:0948-3325-0518 BTW I am entering from Pokemon Black

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
Ok so if we use B/W then we have to use Unova pokes and if we battle from D/P/Pt then we use Sinnoh and if we use HG/SS then we use Kanto OR Johto pokes? Is that how I understand this?

Years
Ok so if we use B/W then we have to use Unova pokes and if we battle from D/P/Pt then we use Sinnoh and if we use HG/SS then we use Kanto OR Johto pokes? Is that how I understand this?

No, it works like this, first week you do a 1st gen battle, 2nd week - 2nd gen battle and so on so forth, however if you are entering with heart gold or platinum you battle all gens until you reach 4th gen, if you enter with black or white you battle through all gens to 5th, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's it :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Im entering for 4th gen with pearl
FC:0002 8096 7850
any idea on the starting to so how much time to make a team

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
Years
The battle dates for each week are posted below each week. I understand that the first week starts on the forth of July I didn't realize this during planning. You may battle if you can find another participant, but if most people can't make it that day I will add that Saturday to the dates giving week one 6 days in stead of 5.

All battles done on a Friday the outcome needs to be turned in by that Saturday, they will be posted that Sunday. Please try to use the weekend to finish all training for the next generation, so we can have the best outcomes for the week.

Thank you all for participating, and any help you bring in.

~Photon

@ K-Van
Akatuski is 100% correct on how the battles go. Please read that.

I want to apologize to everybody for not updating as frequently but I got to it. We need more people to join try to get them please and thank you.

You DON'T have to participate every week, but it would be really nice if everybody did their best.

goirish3

Pizza!
Years
  • Age 36
  • US
  • Seen Jan 19, 2012
I'll join i have 4 gen diamond. fc in sig. i will probably be available for every week but i'll say if i cant.

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
Years
I would like to say thank you to all the participants. Hope you enjoy battling, and good luck.

Gen 1 battling is commencing, and This weeks registration is now closed. If you would still like to participate, you must wait untill next week to battle anybody.
If you have already registered, then you don't have to reregister for every week, but new contestant must.

Enjoy

~Photon

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
Years
so do we just battle whoever we want no brackets?

yeah, I put this together pretty poorly, Next week we will have brackets up. Sorry to all the participants.

If you still would like to just PM who you want to battle, try to get everybody and post the scores of each battle on the thread please and thank you.

so do we just battle whoever we want no brackets?

yeah, I put this together pretty poorly, Next week we will have brackets up. Sorry to all the participants.

If you still would like to just PM who you want to battle, try to get everybody and post the scores of each battle on the thread please and thank you.

Last edited:
Back