• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shiny New Logos!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
We'll probably have to wait awhile for the English ones, but we can still juxtapose the Japanese ones!

Black_and_WhiteTitle.png

Pok%C3%A9mon_White_2_logo_JP.png

Pok%C3%A9mon_Black_2_logo_JP.png

[/inb4Pokemonlostits"registered"trademarkstatus]

Mostly the same, but with a few added touches!

So, what are your thoughts about the logos of Pokemon Black Version 2/White Version 2 compared to their predecessors, Pokemon Black and White Versions? Personally, I love the new logos, particularly the designs within the "2" numerals of each logo. The encroaching ice is also fitting, given Kyurem's new Formes that likely relate to Reshiram and Zekrom (visualizing the red ice just seems weird, though).

It's also interesting how the logo backgrounds now more-or-less match the color of the "insides" of the Japanese characters, as opposed to the Black/White Versions' logos, where the backgrounds were the opposite colors of the Japanese characters. (This is kind of hard to explain, but if you get it, Lava Cookie for you!)

Finally, I love how even the "Poke Ball" incorporated in the logo is a bit tilted compared to the original one that had an 180-degree orientation, which I personally take to indicate how B2W2 have thrown the formula of the Pokemon main series games out the window, effectively "breaking" it, just as Game Freak said they would do. :cer_laugh:

I anticipate that the English versions of the logos will only keep the color scheme (the new white-background+white-characters and black-background+black-characters visuals) and the prominent "2" numerals, which for some reason look a bit similar to the Pokemon Rumble logo font(s).

Last edited:

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
Years
Pokégasmic‼
I love it! :cer_boogie:
I'm so freakin excited to see these!
It's, like, surreal‼ :D

Just judging by the logos, I want Pokémon Black 2. I got Pokémon White when it came out (for Zekrom), but I kind of regret it now.

Last edited:

The Author

Years
I would make a comment on how the "2" doesn't fit in with the rest of the logo, but for some reason I can't shake off how that "2" feels like it should belong on the title of a Pokémon game from 1999. Like this is some Pocket Monsters 2 throwback.

I've always loved the Japanese logo designs for always being so experimental. I like them better than the static English logos, for sure.

Yeah, sadly, I'd be willing to bet the North American/European/Australian logos would look pretty basic. I'd be willing to bet that they'd still leave those (the Japanese) logos in the game, so I'd probably just rip the game to my computer and switch out the logos so that every time my game starts up I will be greeted with the beauty of those wonderful Japan-only logos. :cer_smile:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I can't read japanese... but it seems like the black logo for the old games was White version, but in the sequel, the black logo belongs to the Black version?

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I think the logos are fine, and are definitely a step up from their previous logos. Also, the color and designs for both of them look great.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the new logos. The sparkling ice on them is a rather nice touch, considering that Kyurem may play an important role on both games.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
The design inside the red 2 reminds me of Groudon. It's probably just a coincidence, but I think there is a reason why they chose red and blue (besides being Reshiram/Zekrom's move colors), the design of the gem, and the design inside of the two.

The edges of the logo remind me of the design of Team Magma/Aqua's outfits too.

I might just be seeing things I want to see, but I think there's a slim chance of Hoenn being somewhat involved in the games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Black 2's is... completely amazing, really. I'd love if we got anything near that in the English games. I feel like the White one doesn't look as good because the black one is just... dark and matches the blue perfectly. XD Honestly, it's the best logo I've seen from Pokemon yet. :x White 2's is okay though, but definitely not as great as Black 2's. :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I love both the logos very much, but the only thing that bothers me is it looks like a bunch of cells in Black 2's "2". If it had the same lines as White 2's to represent fracture lines, I'd like it more.

Yeah actually paying attention to it, the designs of "2" in both versions kinda suck. I'd have preferred maybe a gradient or just nothing at all, since unless the designs on both are essential to the games, they kinda... suck.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I really like the designs of the logos. I like Black 2's better because I absolutely love the blue and black combination. Though I can't help but think of Dawn's contest combinations of Ice Shard and Discharge/Flame Wheel when I see them.

The Author

Years
I really like the designs of the logos. I like Black 2's better because I absolutely love the blue and black combination. Though I can't help but think of Dawn's contest combinations of Ice Shard and Discharge/Flame Wheel when I see them.

The blue and black combination does look great. The red and white just kinda looks... IDK... typical? Either way, the blue and black gives it a nice, dark feel. :)

blue

gucci
Years
Call me a hypocrite but I think we're pulling at grasping at the straws here saying the red & blue associate Ruby & Sapphire remakes. Considering the red is paired with white can represent Reshiram's Fire and vice versa for Black with Zekrom's electricity, that's much more likely. We could link many Red & Blue combos with the remakes but doesn't make it true and they had to use two colours, they just happened to be them and suit it best IMO, if Zekrom was dual grass type then it would most likely be Green & Red nonetheless I still love these logos!

Last edited:

The Author

Years
Call me a hypocrite but I think we're pulling at grasping at the straws here saying the red & blue associate Ruby & Sapphire remakes. Considering the red is paired with white can represent Reshiram's Fire and vice versa for Black with Zekrom's electricity, that's much more likely. We could link many Red & Blue combos with the remakes but doesn't make it true and they had to use two colours, they just happened to be them and suit it best IMO, if Zekrom was dual grass type then it would most likely be Green & Red.

This exactly.
I don't think the red and blue have ANYTHING to do with R/S remakes; simply the legendaries. :) That's all; nothing special. :P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The red and blue could also very well have to do with Kanto remake remakes... interestingly enough this is the first generation with four games based on one version since Kanto (Japan only)...
I like the logos, but seeing all four of them together is kind of confusing...xD
The ice is really nice, they make me think of Zircon which can be those colors ^_^

Years
We'll probably have to wait awhile for the English ones, but we can still juxtapose the Japanese ones!

Black_and_WhiteTitle.png

Pok%C3%A9mon_White_2_logo_JP.png

Pok%C3%A9mon_Black_2_logo_JP.png

[/inb4Pokemonlostits"registered"trademarkstatus]

I love these new logos, even if it's still Japanese.

(I can't read Japanese that well unless if I use Google Translate, I'm from Australia, a country that obviously speaks English)

The original Black & White logos were cool cos they showed the Yin & Yang concept, which is what I liked about Reshiram and Zekrom.

The Black & White 2 logos have that awesome crystallized effect on them and they are references to Reshi and Zekro. The "2" in the logo threw me off a little but once I see the English logos I'll give my full opinion.

The logos crystal effect are an obvious reference to Reshiram's tail glowing red (on the White 2 logo) and Zekrom's tail glowing blue (on the Black 2 logo).

They look really epic and I'm looking forward to these games!

Victini

O-on the contrary, I actually enjoy the "2" at the end of both logos. For some reason, it's really fitting to me... I guess because of the words beneath the logo. It helps the 2 feel less alone down there.

Both color combinations are really beautiful, too! The black to blue... the white to red... Aaah, I-I really love it.. ♥

They did superbly on these logos! So very experimental! Please, English... learn from these! :3

Back