• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Went to Toys r Us and got some packs. I don't usually buy pokemon cards from Toys r us because they are like 5 or 6 dollars overpriced on a lot of them. For example the Kalos starter boxes are 9.99 at Target and 18.99 at Toys r us.

But I figured I'd try the bending trick there, bought a couple Furfrou packs and 3 Dragons Exalted packs. ended up getting Gardevoir Ex in one of the 3 packs, holo Blaziken in the other 3 pack, Mew Ex, Rayquaza Ex and Holo Milotic in the DE packs. Still on fence with the bending trick, seems to work sometimes and other times it doesn't. Though I will say this I wasn't going to pay toys r us prices unless I thought I had an ex in the packs wehn I left the store.

Also I found one 3 packs with 3 Primal Kyorge packs in it, haven't seen one of those. I treated it like the plague though since I don't think it's possible to pull a full art from a Kyorge pack.And if 2 Ky packs are unlucky then.... Wish I could find one with 3 Aggron packs....

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Ordered the Pikachu Ultra Pro binder. Just had so many binders kicking about that I decided I was going to have one just for my EX's, Full Arts etc..

Years
Opened a Kyogre EX tin.

Furious Fists Pack: Aurorus, Maintenance
Phantom Forces Pack: reverse holo Crobat, Gigalith, AZ, Gengar Spirit Link
Primal Clash Pack 1: Aegislash, Groudon Spirit Link
Primal Clash Pack 2: Sceptile, Acro Bike

Not bad for a tin.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened a couple Primal Clash 3 packs, finally got an Excadrill Holo, also an Eelektross Holo in the other one.

I also opened 4 single packs and got Camerupt Ex, the last regular ex I needed from the set and my first Camerupt Ex in general. Also got a Primal Kyorge Ex and a Silent Lab Rev which was the last rev trainer I needed. Overall I need 5 Full Arts, 1 SR, a few holos and and maybe 10 reverses from the set to finish it but I'm not actively looking for the revs.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
I hope you guys were able to buy some packs at target this past week. Pokemon cards were BOGO 50% off. They advertised toys (not specifically pokemon cards), but apparently the deal extended to the cards as well.

I missed out...again!!!!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Not from a booster, but I finally got my most-wanted card since high school!

BOvWVKo.jpg

This brings my Mew collection up to 15 cards.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Went to Target today and noticed they had a bunch of the green 3 packs. At $9.99 these are a really good deal and have incredible pull ratios. I've pulled Random Receiver SR, Deoxys FA, Blastoise FA, Surfing Pikachu, Sigilyph SR in the past just to name a few.

I bought 5. I also got some 3 packs from Meijer. The best cards were from Target however.
Spoiler:

The first one had a holo Terrakion from an early B&W set, the second had the rev Delphox, the 3rd one had the Full Art Mewtwo and the Rare Candy SR, the 4th had a Druddigon holo and the 5th had a Korrina FA.

Spoiler:

I think the reason people don't buy these is because they put a crappy reverse from an old set as the "promo" card and so people think they are just old stock or 3rd party weighed packs. Whats funny is these "old stock" packs have all the ultra rares in them... Would have liked to see some different holos on the front, all 12 or so packs on the hook had the random rev Stoutland from Black&White. In the past they usually contain different promos.

Also interesting is both of the hot packs had the same sets. (Furious Fists/Next Destinies/Plasma Blast)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Went to Target today and noticed they had a bunch of the green 3 packs. At $9.99 these are a really good deal and have incredible pull ratios. I've pulled Random Receiver SR, Deoxys FA, Blastoise FA, Surfing Pikachu, Sigilyph SR in the past just to name a few.

I bought 5. I also got some 3 packs from Meijer. The best cards were from Target however.

The first one had a holo Terrakion from an early B&W set, the second had the rev Delphox, the 3rd one had the Full Art Mewtwo and the Rare Candy SR, the 4th had a Druddigon holo and the 5th had a Korrina FA.

I think the reason people don't buy these is because they put a crappy reverse from an old set as the "promo" card and so people think they are just old stock or 3rd party weighed packs. Whats funny is these "old stock" packs have all the ultra rares in them... Would have liked to see some different holos on the front, all 12 or so packs on the hook had the random rev Stoutland from Black&White. In the past they usually contain different promos.

Also interesting is both of the hot packs had the same sets. (Furious Fists/Next Destinies/Plasma Blast)

Intrigued. Do you really think the older packs have al the UR in them? What makes you think that (aside from your pulls)?

Will probably test this out tomorrow

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Bought a Japanese Emerald Box with eBay Bucks I had.

Spoiler:

Not too bad I guess. Of course with my luck I tend to pull FA trainers : /

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
On the 11th I went back to Target to see if they had anymore of the (Furious Fists/Next Destinies/Plasma Blast 3 packs. They did not, the three I got before were the only ones with that combination of packs. I did buy 2 more and got a M Charizard X Ex. The secret rare version is the one I'm looking for from the set so oh well.

There's still like 5 or 6 at the store. I was thinking about buying a booster box this month but there aren't really any affordable boxes I want to buy at the moment, the box I most want to buy is Plasma Storm but it's too expensive right now. I was thinking about getting a Korean box of an older set(Wild Blaze set maybe) but not sure if it's worth it. I think they're cheaper then Japanese but are also more expensive to ship.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I went to Meijers and got some packs, one XY pack, a Primal Groudon pack, some Furious Fists singles and a Flashfire 3 pack.
Spoiler:

I got 2 new reverses, the Vivillon from XY. I now have 3 of the 4 Vivillon's from XY base set, I'm only missing the regular orange Vivillon Holo.
Also the Goodra Rev from Phantom Forces.

I also got another Korrina Full Art in one of the loose packs.

Years
So I found a Collector Chest from Phantom Forces. The packs inside:

Flashfire: Dragalge, Trick Shovel
XY: reverse holo Fairy Garden, Simipour, Cassius, Hard Charm
Furious Fists: Hypno, Korrina
Phantom Forces Pack 1: Head Ringer, Gengar Spirit Link
Phantom Forces Pack 2: Bronzong, VS Seeker, Hand Scope

Not a bad pack. Plus it came with 3 promos, a Pikachu coin, some stickers, some pencils, a mini card album, a notepad, and an extra code card.

Years
So I opened a Double Crisis Blister Pack with the Magma pin and coin.

Pack 1: reverse holo TA Sealeo, TA Muk for the rare, and Magma Pointer and Aqua Diffuser for the trainers.

Pack 2: reverse holo TM Camerupt, TM Claydol for the rare, Double Aqua Energy, and Team Magma's Great Ball.

Pack 3: reverse holo Team Aqua Admin, TM Aggron, Team Magma's Secret Base, and Team Aqua's Great Ball.

Pack 4: reverse holo TA Seviper, TA Sharpedo, Team Aqua's Great Ball, and Team Magma Grunt.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Earler this week I got a Heracross Ex, yesterday I got a second Archie's Ace in the Hole FA. The 6 ultra rares I'm missing from Primal Clash are Gardevoir FA, Camerupt FA, Teammates FA, Primal Groudon FA, Kyorge Fa and Weakness Policy SR.

What I've found is these 6 cards are incredibly hard to pull. In past sets I've found the full arts to be pretty even, but this time the full arts are really uneven. I'm contemplating just buying the Gardevoir FA, aka the card I most want from the set, online. I've bought way too many packs trying to pull it, it's just not worth trying anymore because I think it's just impossible. I don't want to buy it but...

Today I got a couple 3 packs, got a 5th Trevenant Ex and a 3rd Primal Kyorge Ex, also bought some single packs and got a second Wailord Ex.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I decided to sell my card collection as it was becoming too much to afford, I made a tidy sum and decided I wasn't done with Cards as I will buy a couple things to display (tins, booster boxes etc..) so I have a few things I've gotten in the past week.

I picked up a Flashfire Box for £75 to keep sealed as it's my favourite set of all time, I also picked up a Charizard EX tin & (non pokemon) a Yu-Gi-Oh Secrets of eternity booster box. I thought that was enough for now but I noticed on Facebook that Chaos Cards were having a sale for today on two Booster Boxes, Noble Victories & Emerging Powers, so I decided seeing N was in Noble Victories and due to the fact I was tempted to pay full price for it I ended up getting one for £58 delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back