The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 18th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Send a message via Skype™ to Went

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyem View Post
Wait, this is racist?

Wow, society has become a bunch of wusses.
It's not racist at all, it's the opposite, rather. It's a pretty normal thing, but for a bunch of people seeing an interracial marriage on an advert it means destroying the ~purity~ of the ~white man~, which means "demolishing the spirit of the US" or some crap.
Old July 18th, 2013, 04:39 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I…would try in normal situations to consider the other side, but I just feel that this is trolls being successful for once.

So yeah. The normal evacuation strategy - form a straight line, exit the building, and don't panic. Also don't use the elevator because it might get broken on the way down and you'll be trapped.

Old July 19th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
The real question is, what's wrong with people who see anything wrong here. Interracial marriage is a thing, and has been for decades. The still existing spurs of racism are amazing.
This. That commercial was adorable and sweet. The innocence of a child should be the focus of attention, not "OMG THE DAD'S BLACK WTFFF."

I've never seen this commercial in Canada so it might be a US-only viewing. People need to be less concerned about who others marry or engage themselves with. It's as bad as religious people being up in arms about homosexual marriage. You have the right not to like it; however, you definitely do not have the right to bash others for their life choices. Same can be said of inter-racial couples. Have we not outgrown that mentality? Jeez.
My Trade Thread
Breedject Sign-Up Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun
Old July 20th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
... this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week haha. I watched the video thinking "... why on earth does this warrant a thread", then after reading the content I didn't know whether to cry or laugh. The video with all the children's' reactions was touching but the fact that it even had to be made is... stunning, haha. It's quite amazing how close-minded some people can be, but I suppose it's often just a case of generations or how you were raised. Whether that's worth forgiving I don't know, but the fact itself is still horrid to think about.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here