• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Once you get to the Weather Instute/Maxium Security Vault, go to the right side of the bridge, and surf south. The leaf stone is in the exact same place as in the original game. Linnone evolves at lvl 41. I know cus I was supprised when mine evolved.

Which brings me to the original reason why I wanted to post here, are you going to add in a list of all the new eveloutions to the beginning post? I would really like to know what other evelution I could get. (Only just got Metor's Daughter.)

On another completely different side note, this is my second favorite hack, even with some of those minor bugs! Mabye when I finish it I'll find it even greater than my favorite, light platinum!

If you finish it, you mean. I really wish I could fix all the bugs in Snakewood - but I was learning as I went along so... yeah. Everything got messed up. This is not so in future stuff, though: my testing shows them to be almost entirely bug-free.

What was I saying? Oh yeah, new evolutions. I think I might add a list, actually - though I won't add the evolution method. Yes, that'll be fun.

Glad you enjoy it, and... hopefully you'll keep doing so.

F.A.B.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2012
Ok I'm having some more trouble with my emulator. I've gotten into the actual game but my character is moving uncontrollably fast. I'm pinned onto the rocks and when I go into Joypad 1 to fix my controls, it just starts scrolling down without letting me adjust anything. Please help because I'd love to play this game

yusolaifdfer

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2013
Ok I'm having some more trouble with my emulator. I've gotten into the actual game but my character is moving uncontrollably fast. I'm pinned onto the rocks and when I go into Joypad 1 to fix my controls, it just starts scrolling down without letting me adjust anything. Please help because I'd love to play this game

mediafire/?57bgh5az8czdiz3 , add "(dot)com" after mediafire

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2011
Uhh, can anybody please tell me how do I play ?
Like which emulator do I use ?
I'm very eager to play but cannot.

Edit: Read previous posts, managed to fix it.
Fantastic rom, indeed !

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
ohhhhhhhhhh my head, I just read this thread from beginning to end (took me 3 days to do so). I think it's safe to say that I've combed through nearly everything I need to know about this game. But I have a couple of questions/concerns

1. How exactly do you do mining? I bought a miner doll and a miner TM, brought them to one of the blue rocks and tried to use it; but I checked the rock and nothing happened, and when I tried to use it in my items screen, I just got the LOLNOUDON'T message from Birch. Is there something I'm missing here?

2. Does the Trick Master do anything other than give you that thing he gives you when you give him a chocolate orange?

3. I think there's supposed to be something here (and I'm 90% sure I know what it is too...), but there's not. :disappoin

Attachments

• Pokemon Snakewood.png
    Pokemon Snakewood.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 36

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
ohhhhhhhhhh my head, I just read this thread from beginning to end (took me 3 days to do so). I think it's safe to say that I've combed through nearly everything I need to know about this game. But I have a couple of questions/concerns

1. How exactly do you do mining? I bought a miner doll and a miner TM, brought them to one of the blue rocks and tried to use it; but I checked the rock and nothing happened, and when I tried to use it in my items screen, I just got the LOLNOUDON'T message from Birch. Is there something I'm missing here?

2. Does the Trick Master do anything other than give you that thing he gives you when you give him a chocolate orange?

3. I think there's supposed to be something here (and I'm 90% sure I know what it is too...), but there's not. :disappoin

1. Once you have a Miner Doll, you just need to talk to a rock in order to mine.

2. No. That's all he gives you, and believe me, it's all he needs to.

Cutlerine; congratulations on your nomination for Snakewood as Hack of the Year!

Thanks! I don't suppose we'll win, but hey! It's all good.

Kaith

Hacker of Fire
Years
For anyone wondering about how to play the game, you need to download Lunar IPS patching and then select 'apply patch'. Pick Pokemon snakewood (it should have a heart shaped icon) then pick a clean, non edited Ruby ROM. Start up your emulator and load the Ruby ROM you selected. It should load Pokemon snakewood.

Also, not sure if you caught this but the male swimmer just north of Gym island has level 30-ish pokemon. Since every other trainer has 60-70ish, i'm guessing you missed this guy. (Plus I think he still has the original text from Ruby)

pokeguy9000

Ghost Ralts
Years
Hi, i have completed the submarine the second time when you fix the elevator. After being dropped off in fortree i couldnt go anywhere but left so i followed that and corssed the bridge. I couldnt enter the weather building from ruby and a copy of myself was standing by the bridge, i couldnt interact with him at all. I followed the path down where i met a sciencetist guy who went on about an egg and meteors daughter. i have no idea what has gone wrong but it seems like i just skipped a large chunk of the story. Any help/explanation would be good, thanks

Back