• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Heh, I just wikied Nights so I'd know what these cards are talking about. Now to give some advice...

Dreamdrop Fountain: Even with an LP boost like that, you'll still be losing soon. Why? The opponent will have most likely run you over and left you with no LP or you'll be outdecked by that point. Sixty counters is a pretty high tally even when adding one per action, especially during turns when you can't really do anything because you've run out of cards in your hand. If you want to keep the thematic sixty, how about throwing in a certain amount of counters per turn (Say, five each time either player draws a card, which will cause insane gnashing of teeth for Zombie and Big City, both of whom like to draw. And Disk Commander. And... you know, pretty much everyone who utilizes cards with a draw effect. XD) You're still looking at twelve turns. And for the tribute effect, let's do something flashier then life points. Say.... special summon an insane number of monsters? Or how about you keep the conditions as they were, adding in a one-counter addition each time either player draws the card (For a sixty-turn minimum) and make it an instant-win condition. It'll be perfect. I think this card would be the best one, personally....

Dreamdrop Fountain
Continuous Spell
Each time either player draws a card, place three "Dreamdrop Counters" on this card. By tributing this card with 60 Dreamdrop Counters, you win the duel.

Hey, Easter Eggs deserve a little more than a life point boost, yah? As for an idea for the "Ideya" cards, as well as a method to get those one and two-tribute Nightmares out...

Red Ideya-Courage
Normal Spell
Special summon one "Visitor-Claris" and one "Visitor-Elliot" from your hand or deck.

Blue Ideya-Intelligence
Quickplay Spell
When this card is activated, it is added to your opponent's hand. When this card is discarded to the graveyard from your opponent's hand by a card effect you control, draw two cards. You can only activate one "Ideya" card per turn.

I think this may end up limited.

Yellow Ideya-Hope (I forget which Ideya is which, so correct me if I'm wrong)
Quickplay Spell
When this card is activated, it is added to your opponent's hand. When this card is discarded from your opponent's hand to the graveyard by a card effect you control, destroy a monster on the opponent's side of the field. You can only activate one "Ideya" card per turn.

White Ideya-Whatever the white Ideya Is (See what I mean?)
Quickplay Spell
When this card is activated, it is added to your opponent's hand. When this card is discarded from your opponent's hand to the graveyard by a card effect you control, select one random card in your opponent's hand and discard it. You can only activate one "Ideya" card per turn.

Green Ideya-Growth
Quickplay Spell
When this card is actiavted, it is added to your opponent's hand. When this card is discarded from your opponent's hand by a card effect you control, special summon one "Level 2 Nightmaren" monster from your hand or deck. Monsters summoned by this card's effect cannot attack on the turn they are summoned. You can only activate one "Ideya" card per turn.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Heh, I just wikied Nights so I'd know what these cards are talking about. Now to give some advice...

Dreamdrop Fountain: Even with an LP boost like that, you'll still be losing soon. Why? The opponent will have most likely run you over and left you with no LP or you'll be outdecked by that point. Sixty counters is a pretty high tally even when adding one per action, especially during turns when you can't really do anything because you've run out of cards in your hand. If you want to keep the thematic sixty, how about throwing in a certain amount of counters per turn (Say, five each time either player draws a card, which will cause insane gnashing of teeth for Zombie and Big City, both of whom like to draw. And Disk Commander. And... you know, pretty much everyone who utilizes cards with a draw effect. XD) You're still looking at twelve turns. And for the tribute effect, let's do something flashier then life points. Say.... special summon an insane number of monsters? Or how about you keep the conditions as they were, adding in a one-counter addition each time either player draws the card (For a sixty-turn minimum) and make it an instant-win condition. It'll be perfect. I think this card would be the best one, personally....

Dreamdrop Fountain
Continuous Spell
Each time either player draws a card, place three "Dreamdrop Counters" on this card. By tributing this card with 60 Dreamdrop Counters, you win the duel.

Hey, Easter Eggs deserve a little more than a life point boost, yah? As for an idea for the "Ideya" cards, as well as a method to get those one and two-tribute Nightmares out...

Perhaps a little more than a Life Point boost, but not victory. The Dreamdrops only allowed you to use Claris an Elliot.

Red Ideya-Courage
Normal Spell
Special summon one "Visitor-Claris" and one "Visitor-Elliot" from your hand or deck.

This makes sense.

Blue Ideya-Intelligence
Quickplay Spell
When this card is activated, it is added to your opponent's hand. When this card is discarded to the graveyard from your opponent's hand by a card effect you control, draw two cards. You can only activate one "Ideya" card per turn.

I think this may end up limited.

Hmm... I don't know, intelligence is more knowing than preparing.

Yellow Ideya-Hope (I forget which Ideya is which, so correct me if I'm wrong)
Quickplay Spell
When this card is activated, it is added to your opponent's hand. When this card is discarded from your opponent's hand to the graveyard by a card effect you control, destroy a monster on the opponent's side of the field. You can only activate one "Ideya" card per turn.

Nah, hope doesn't get rid of your problem. It empowers you to take care of it.

White Ideya-Whatever the white Ideya Is (See what I mean?)
Quickplay Spell
When this card is activated, it is added to your opponent's hand. When this card is discarded from your opponent's hand to the graveyard by a card effect you control, select one random card in your opponent's hand and discard it. You can only activate one "Ideya" card per turn.

White is purity. This makes sense for purity, too.

Green Ideya-Growth
Quickplay Spell
When this card is actiavted, it is added to your opponent's hand. When this card is discarded from your opponent's hand by a card effect you control, special summon one "Level 2 Nightmaren" monster from your hand or deck. Monsters summoned by this card's effect cannot attack on the turn they are summoned. You can only activate one "Ideya" card per turn.

No, no, no... The Ideya oppose Nightmarens. So if you lose one, your opponent would get the Nightmaren. Besides, I haven't made the Level 3 Nightmaren cards. These are the regular old monsters you see in the stages. Level 2 is bosses, and Level 1 is Reala and NiGHTS.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Hmm... apparently you missed the part about how Ideya cards only work right once they get tossed from your opponent's hand. By playing the Ideya cards, your goal is to get them tossed from your opponent's hand through the effect of Reala or Wizeman so that you get the support, since they represent your opponent's Ideya. So you should logically be the one getting the Nightmaren. Besides, I thought of losing an Ideya as being a sort of 'twisting' of the Ideya's power. Growth, therefore, causes more Nightmarens to appear, while losing 'hope' causes you to lose hope in the form of a shield monster, key card, or face-down you were hoping to use later. Loss of intelligence gives the opponent more options to take care of you with. Red Ideya breaks the pattern, but it's the only one to do this because of its in-game nature.

As for dreamdrop fountain... well, a monster swarm is my other idea. Perhaps special summoning several "NiGHTS" and friends? :3

Anyway.... the deck's strategy is a little fragmented because we're trying to combine the good guys and bad guys into one, solid strategy. Perhaps make two opposing decks, each with a different strategy? Like a swarm deck for NiGHTS for example, and the Ideya discard bonus for Wizeman and the rest.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
As for dreamdrop fountain... well, a monster swarm is my other idea. Perhaps special summoning several "NiGHTS" and friends? :3

Anyway.... the deck's strategy is a little fragmented because we're trying to combine the good guys and bad guys into one, solid strategy. Perhaps make two opposing decks, each with a different strategy? Like a swarm deck for NiGHTS for example, and the Ideya discard bonus for Wizeman and the rest.

This can work. I'll add the Personas now.

Dolphin Persona
Normal Spell
Activate by shuffling one "NiGHTS" monster that does not include "Dolphin" in its name into your Deck. Special Summon 1 "Dolphin NiGHTS" from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone.

Rocket Persona
Normal Spell
Activate by shuffling one "NiGHTS" monster that does not include "Rocket" in its name into your Deck. Special Summon 1 "Rocket NiGHTS" from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone.

Dragon Persona
Normal Spell
Activate by shuffling one "NiGHTS" monster that does not include "Dragon" in its name into your Deck. Special Summon 1 "Dragon NiGHTS" from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone.

Unmasked Persona
Normal Spell
Activate by shuffling one "NiGHTS" monster that does not include "Nightmaren" in its name into your Deck. Special Summon 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS" from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone.

I'll post the Persona NiGHTS cards later.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I'm not dead, just totally unfamiliar with whatever those nightmaren cards are o_O; So I didn't post... but seeing how 2 days passed already, let's just make this thread alive somehow.

Frost Maiden of Snowhorn
Spellcaster / Effect
5 Star / Water
2100 Atk / 1900 Def

Remove from play all spell cards in either player's graveyard. As long as this card is in play, spell cards are sent to the graveyard. Increase the Atk of this card by 100 for each of your opponent's spell card removed from play.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Waker of Chaos said:
First-Level Nightmaren - NiGHTS
DARK Spellcaster-Type/Effect
Level 4 ATK 1850 DEF 1300

When you Normal Summon this card, select 1 "Red Ideya of Courage" from your Deck and add it to your hand. When this card is shuffled back into your Deck to Special Summon a Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck that lists this card as a Fusion Material Monster, when the Special Summoned Fusion Monster is removed from the field, Special Summon this card from your Deck in Attack Position. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Only 1 "First-Level Nightmaren - NiGHTS" can exist on the field at a time, except by the effect of "Double Dualization".

First-Level Nightmaren - Reala
Level 4 ATK 1800 DEF 1300

When you Normal Summon this card, your opponent discards 1 "Ideya" card from his or her hand, other than "Red Ideya of Courage", unless "Red Ideya of Courage" is the only "Ideya" card in your opponent's hand. When this card is destroyed by battle, by discarding 1 card from your hand during your next Standby Phase, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Only 1 "First-Level Nightmaren - Reala" can exist on the field at a time.

Creator of Nightmare - Wizeman
DARK Fiend-Type/Effect
Level 8 ATK 2900 DEF 1700

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - Reala" and 2 "Level 2 Nightmaren" monsters you control. This card cannot be destroyed, except by battle. Once per turn, you can select and activate up to 2 of these effects. • Select 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS" and control it until the end of this turn. • Special Summon 1 "Nightmaren" monster, other than "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS", from your hand, Deck, or Removed Zone. • Your opponent randomly discards 1 "Ideya" card from his or her hand.

Second-Level Nightmaren - Queen Bella
DARK Insect-Type/Effect
Level 6 ATK 2300 DEF 1000

This card is cannot be destroyed by battle the first time it battles each turn.

Second-Level Nightmaren - Girania
DARK Rock-Type/Effect

This card's Type is also treated as Fish-Type. When this card is destroyed by battle, Special Summon as many "Girania Balloon Tokens" as possible in Attack Position, however you cannot Special Summon more "Girania Balloon Tokens" than those that were remaining at the End Phase of the turn they were Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn you Special Summoned "Girania Balloon Tokens", destroy the remaining ones and Special Summon this card in Defense Position from your Graveyard or Removed Zone.

Girania Balloon Token
DARK Rock-Type
Level 1 ATK 0 DEF 0

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Second-Level Nightmaren - Girania". This Token's Type is also treated as Fish-Type.

Second-Level Nightmaren - Donbalon
DARK Fiend-Type/Effect

When this card would be destroyed by battle, place it in your Spell & Trap Card Zone face-up; it is treated as a Continuous Trap Card. If this card is face-up in your Spell & Trap Card when your opponent attacks directly, Special Summon this card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone in Attack Position, and redirect that attack to this card. This effect can only be used three times. After the third time these effects are used, this card's effects are negated.

Second-Level Nightmaren - Chamelan
DARK Reptile-Type/Effect
Level 6 ATK 0 DEF 2300

When this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, remove it from play. When your opponent declares a direct attack, Special Summon this card from your Removed Zone and destroy the attacking monster. If this card battles in the same turn it was Special Summoned by this effect, destroy this card.

Second-Level Nightmaren - Cerberus
DARK Beast-Type/Effect
Level 7 ATK 2500 DEF 1000

This card's Type is also treated as Thunder-Type. This card cannot exist in the far-left nor far-right Monster Card Zone. When this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, destroy any monsters you control that occupy Monster Card Zones adjacent to this card, and Special Summon 1 "Nightmaren - Fire Cerberus Token" and 1 "Nightmaren - Ice Cerberus Token" to the Monster Card Zones adjacent to this card in Attack Position. If your opponent's monster declares an attack on this card, up to twice per turn, redirect that attack to a "Cerberus Token". When this card is destroyed, destroy all "Cerberus Tokens" you control.

Nightmaren - Fire Cerberus Token
DARK Beast-Type/Effect

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Level 2 Nightmaren - Cerberus". This Token must attack whenever possible, but cannot attack directly. This Token's Attribute is also treated as FIRE.

Nightmaren - Ice Cerberus Token
DARK Beast-Type/Effect

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Level 2 Nightmaren - Cerberus". This Token must attack whenever possible, but cannot attack directly. This Token's Attribute is also treated as WATER.

Second-Level Nightmaren - Bomamba
Level 6 ATK 2200 DEF 1400

When this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, destroy all monsters you control other than this card, then Special Summon as many "Nightmaren - Cat Tokens" in Attack Position as possible. Your opponent's monsters cannot attack this card. Destroy this card when you do not control any "Nightmaren - Cat Tokens".

Nightmaren - Cat Token
DARK Beast-Type/Effect
Level 1 ATK 1000 DEF 0

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Second-Level Nightmaren - Bomamba". This card cannot be attacked by an opponent's monster in the same column as this card. When your opponent's monster attacks this card, activate one of these effects based on how far apart this Token and the attacking monster are. • 1 column apart: This card will not be destroyed by battle by this attack. • 2 columns apart: Switch this card's battle position. • 3 columns apart: If the ATK of the attacking monster is higher than this Token's DEF, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to yourself. • 4 columns apart: Destroy this card and take damage equal to the ATK of the attacking monster.

Dreamdrop Fountain
Continuous Spell
When a player activates a Spell or Trap Card, or the effect of an Effect Monster, or Summons or Sets a monster, place 1 Dreamdrop Counter on this card. When a player draws card(s) from his or her Deck, place 5 Dreamdrop counters on this card. During your Main Phase, you can send this card with 60 Dreamdrop Counters to the Graveyard to gain 10,000 Life Points. This card cannot be removed from the field, except by its own effect, while you control a "NiGHTS" monster.

Dolphin Persona
Normal Spell
Activate by shuffling one "NiGHTS" monster that does not include "Dolphin" in its name into your Deck. Special Summon 1 "Dolphin NiGHTS" from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone.

Rocket Persona
Normal Spell
Activate by shuffling one "NiGHTS" monster that does not include "Rocket" in its name into your Deck. Special Summon 1 "Rocket NiGHTS" from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone.

Dragon Persona
Normal Spell
Activate by shuffling one "NiGHTS" monster that does not include "Dragon" in its name into your Deck. Special Summon 1 "Dragon NiGHTS" from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone.

Unmasked Persona
Normal Spell
Activate by shuffling one "NiGHTS" monster that does not include "Nightmaren" in its name into your Deck. Special Summon 1 "First-Level Nightmaren - NiGHTS" from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone.

Some of the above were fixed. Changed effects, fixed typos, etc.

Dolphin NiGHTS
WATER Fish-Type/Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by the effect of "Dolphin Persona". This card is also treated as a DARK Spellcaster-Type monster.

Yeah, I know. Not that good. But this reflects the Dolphin Persona in the game. It was used only to go underwater; you didn't get anything else special. The Dolphin Dash can't be used continuously, like the Drill Dash (unmasked Persona) can be. However, this does allow NiGHTS to work well in two fields, not just one. He'll be powered up by both "Umiiruka" and "Mystic Plasma Zone", for example.

Rocket NiGHTS
Level 4 ATK 2000 DEF 1100

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by the effect of "Rocket Persona". This card's Type is also treated as Machine-Type. This card can attack directly. If this card attacks directly using this effect, you cannot attack with any other monsters this turn, and this card cannot attack on your next turn.

In the game, the Rocket Dash was used mainly for a burst of speed you couldn't get any other way. While Rocket Dashing, NiGHTS was able to plow through almost anything. The problem was you had little control.

Dragon NiGHTS
Level 4 ATK 2400 DEF 1600

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by the effect of "Dragon Persona". This card's Type is also treated as Dragon-Type. This card is unaffected by the effects of WIND monsters. Once per Damage Step, if this card attacks, you may negate that attack. If you do this, this card can attack again during that Battle Phase.

Dragon NiGHTS was unaffected by the wind in the game, so I give him an immunity to the most overused card in the game, "Raiza the Storm Monarch", here. The idea with his Battle Phase effect is that he can stop his attack, then try again on a new target. The extra ATK and DEF are because the Dragon Dash was truly unstoppable.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I'll comment on the 3 new cards without knowing what the heck is going on.

Dolphin Nights- and no one uses those 2 fields... if the original effect is to go underwater, we can imitate this in YGO by giving it an effect that can remove itself from play, then special summon it back to the field next turn. This way, at least it has some protection and somewhat reflects its original ability. It is still a horrible Nomi but at least slightly better than now... A stat boost will work, let's say 2000 or higher. At least we can use a virus on it then (but still crappy.)

Rocket Nights- fair enough I guess... though of course, not playable >_<; I'll suggest changing its level to 5 or 6 (not that it really matters too much since it's a Nomi) and boost its stats... or give it an attack changing ability similar to steamroid to demonstrate its destructive yet uncontrollable attack power.

Dragon Nights- if you think Raiza is bad, don't look at necroface nowadays ><; It's a nice little sprinkle to be immune to Raiza though. The atk negating thing is a bit silly, since it's too late to dodge traps with it. Due to chain order, it can't even dodge shrink/rush recklessly that's used in damage step either... The only use I can think of is flipping cards faceup without wasting attack turn, but by then the flip effect already goes through which makes it bleh...

Sigh must we make them Nomi... how about at least cutting out the middle man and just make it "This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by tributing a _____ on your side of the field."? It's still going to make them horrible but at least save 1 on the CA X_x;

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
I'll comment on the 3 new cards without knowing what the heck is going on.

Bad idea.

Dolphin Nights- and no one uses those 2 fields... if the original effect is to go underwater, we can imitate this in YGO by giving it an effect that can remove itself from play, then special summon it back to the field next turn. This way, at least it has some protection and somewhat reflects its original ability. It is still a horrible Nomi but at least slightly better than now... A stat boost will work, let's say 2000 or higher. At least we can use a virus on it then (but still crappy.)

No, we can't imitate this in Yu-Gi-Oh! by removing it from play. Look at "The Legendary Fisherman" and "Guardian Kay'est". Now look at cards like "Dark Magician of Chaos" and "Miraculous Descent". Being removed from play is like being sent to heaven, not going underwater. Also, Dolphin NiGHTS was no more powerful than NiGHTS without a Persona, so I won't up the ATK or DEF at all. And by the way, those aren't the only cards that work with DARK, WATER, Spellcaster-Type, and/or Fish-Type monsters. I was just giving them as an example.

Rocket Nights- fair enough I guess... though of course, not playable >_<; I'll suggest changing its level to 5 or 6 (not that it really matters too much since it's a Nomi) and boost its stats... or give it an attack changing ability similar to steamroid to demonstrate its destructive yet uncontrollable attack power.

Dragon NiGHTS is more powerful than Rocket NiGHTS when using a Dash. Also, NiGHTS never increased or decreased any sort of Level in the game. It was solely a matter of scoring enough points to get your A Rank so you wouldn't have to come back to that particular level in the stage, unless it was for Dreamdrops or fun. The ATK changing effect might work, but it wouldn't be weakened when attacked like "Steamroid" would be.

Dragon Nights- if you think Raiza is bad, don't look at necroface nowadays ><; It's a nice little sprinkle to be immune to Raiza though. The atk negating thing is a bit silly, since it's too late to dodge traps with it. Due to chain order, it can't even dodge shrink/rush recklessly that's used in damage step either... The only use I can think of is flipping cards faceup without wasting attack turn, but by then the flip effect already goes through which makes it bleh...

"Raiza the Storm Monarch" is something I'm tired of seeing. "Necroface" is not; it's interesting. Also, the Battle Phase effect is Spell Speed 2, and I can always add a line that says, "If your opponent activated any cards or effects of cards, negate them".

Sigh must we make them Nomi... how about at least cutting out the middle man and just make it "This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by tributing a _____ on your side of the field."? It's still going to make them horrible but at least save 1 on the CA X_x;

Because it was always the one and only NiGHTS, transforming. I can always add a line to the Persona Mask cards that says, "Shuffle this card back into your Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard".

Look, if you're going to rate my cards, at least have good knowledge of where they came from. Until then, don't bother.

Waker of Chaos said:
First-Level Nightmaren - NiGHTS

When you Normal Summon this card, select 1 "Red Ideya of Courage" from your Deck and add it to your hand. When this card is shuffled back into your Deck to Special Summon a Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck that lists this card as a Fusion Material Monster, when the Special Summoned Fusion Monster is removed from the field, Special Summon this card from your Deck in Attack Position. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Only 1 "First-Level Nightmaren - NiGHTS" can exist on the field at a time, except by the effect of "Double Dualization".

First-Level Nightmaren - Reala
Level 4 ATK 1800 DEF 1300

When you Normal Summon this card, your opponent discards 1 "Ideya" card from his or her hand, other than "Red Ideya of Courage", unless "Red Ideya of Courage" is the only "Ideya" card in your opponent's hand. When this card is destroyed by battle, by discarding 1 card from your hand during your next Standby Phase, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Only 1 "First-Level Nightmaren - Reala" can exist on the field at a time.

Creator of Nightmare - Wizeman
DARK Fiend-Type/Effect
Level 8 ATK 2900 DEF 1700

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "First-Level Nightmaren - Reala" and 2 "Second-Level Nightmaren" monsters you control. This card cannot be destroyed, except by battle. Once per turn, you can select and activate up to 2 of these effects. • Select 1 "First-Level Nightmaren - NiGHTS" and control it until the end of this turn. • Special Summon 1 "Nightmaren" monster, other than "First-Level Nightmaren - NiGHTS", from your hand, Deck, or Removed Zone. • Your opponent randomly discards 1 "Ideya" card from his or her hand.

Second-Level Nightmaren - Queen Bella
DARK Insect-Type/Effect

This card is cannot be destroyed by battle the first time it battles each turn.

Second-Level Nightmaren - Girania
DARK Rock-Type/Effect

This card's Type is also treated as Fish-Type. When this card is destroyed by battle, Special Summon as many "Girania Balloon Tokens" as possible in Attack Position, however you cannot Special Summon more "Girania Balloon Tokens" than those that were remaining at the End Phase of the turn they were Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn you Special Summoned "Girania Balloon Tokens", destroy the remaining ones and Special Summon this card in Defense Position from your Graveyard or Removed Zone.

Girania Balloon Token
DARK Rock-Type
Level 1 ATK 0 DEF 0

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Second-Level Nightmaren - Girania". This Token's Type is also treated as Fish-Type.

Second-Level Nightmaren - Donbalon
DARK Fiend-Type/Effect

When this card would be destroyed by battle, place it in your Spell & Trap Card Zone face-up; it is treated as a Continuous Trap Card. If this card is face-up in your Spell & Trap Card when your opponent attacks directly, Special Summon this card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone in Attack Position, and redirect that attack to this card. This effect can only be used three times. After the third time these effects are used, this card's effects are negated.

Second-Level Nightmaren - Chamelan
DARK Reptile-Type/Effect
Level 6 ATK 0 DEF 2300

When this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, remove it from play. When your opponent declares a direct attack, Special Summon this card from your Removed Zone and destroy the attacking monster. If this card battles in the same turn it was Special Summoned by this effect, destroy this card.

Second-Level Nightmaren - Cerberus
DARK Beast-Type/Effect

This card's Type is also treated as Thunder-Type. This card cannot exist in the far-left nor far-right Monster Card Zone. When this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, destroy any monsters you control that occupy Monster Card Zones adjacent to this card, and Special Summon 1 "Nightmaren - Fire Cerberus Token" and 1 "Nightmaren - Ice Cerberus Token" to the Monster Card Zones adjacent to this card in Attack Position. If your opponent's monster declares an attack on this card, up to twice per turn, redirect that attack to a "Cerberus Token". When this card is destroyed, destroy all "Cerberus Tokens" you control.

Nightmaren - Fire Cerberus Token
DARK Beast-Type/Effect

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Level 2 Nightmaren - Cerberus". This Token must attack whenever possible, but cannot attack directly. This Token's Attribute is also treated as FIRE.

Nightmaren - Ice Cerberus Token
DARK Beast-Type/Effect

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Level 2 Nightmaren - Cerberus". This Token must attack whenever possible, but cannot attack directly. This Token's Attribute is also treated as WATER.

Second-Level Nightmaren - Bomamba
Level 6 ATK 2200 DEF 1400

When this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, destroy all monsters you control other than this card, then Special Summon as many "Nightmaren - Cat Tokens" in Attack Position as possible. Your opponent's monsters cannot attack this card. Destroy this card when you do not control any "Nightmaren - Cat Tokens".

Nightmaren - Cat Token
DARK Beast-Type/Effect
Level 1 ATK 1000 DEF 0

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Second-Level Nightmaren - Bomamba". This card cannot be attacked by an opponent's monster in the same column as this card. When your opponent's monster attacks this card, activate one of these effects based on how far apart this Token and the attacking monster are. • 1 column apart: This card will not be destroyed by battle by this attack. • 2 columns apart: Switch this card's battle position. • 3 columns apart: If the ATK of the attacking monster is higher than this Token's DEF, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to yourself. • 4 columns apart: Destroy this card and take damage equal to the ATK of the attacking monster.

Dreamdrop Fountain
Continuous Spell
When a player activates a Spell or Trap Card, or the effect of an Effect Monster, or Summons or Sets a monster, place 1 Dreamdrop Counter on this card. When a player draws card(s) from his or her Deck, place 5 Dreamdrop counters on this card. During your Main Phase, you can send this card with 60 Dreamdrop Counters to the Graveyard to gain 10,000 Life Points. This card cannot be removed from the field, except by its own effect, while you control a "NiGHTS" monster.

Dolphin Persona
Normal Spell
Activate by shuffling one "NiGHTS" monster that does not include "Dolphin" in its name into your Deck. Special Summon 1 "Dolphin NiGHTS" from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone. Shuffle this card back into your Deck after it resolves instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Rocket Persona
Normal Spell
Activate by shuffling one "NiGHTS" monster that does not include "Rocket" in its name into your Deck. Special Summon 1 "Rocket NiGHTS" from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone. Shuffle this card back into your Deck after it resolves instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Dragon Persona
Normal Spell
Activate by shuffling one "NiGHTS" monster that does not include "Dragon" in its name into your Deck. Special Summon 1 "Dragon NiGHTS" from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone. Shuffle this card back into your Deck after it resolves instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Unmasked Persona
Normal Spell
Activate by shuffling one "NiGHTS" monster that does not include "Nightmaren" in its name into your Deck. Special Summon 1 "First-Level Nightmaren - NiGHTS" from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone. Shuffle this card back into your Deck after it resolves instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Dolphin NiGHTS
WATER Fish-Type/Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by the effect of "Dolphin Persona". This card is also treated as a DARK Spellcaster-Type monster.

Rocket NiGHTS
Level 4 ATK 2000 DEF 1100

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by the effect of "Rocket Persona". This card's Type is also treated as Machine-Type. When this card attacks, it gains 600 ATK until the end of the Damage Step.

Dragon NiGHTS
Level 4 ATK 2400 DEF 1600

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by the effect of "Dragon Persona". This card's Type is also treated as Dragon-Type. This card is unaffected by the effects of WIND monsters. Once per Damage Step, if this card attacks, you may negate that attack. If you do this, this card can attack again during that Battle Phase, and all other cards and effects that were activated from the start of the Battle Step in which this card attacked, until the resolution of this card's effect, are negated. This effect cannot be Chained to.

I fixed the Personas and Persona Masks.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
To fully imitate full aspect of a game and transport it to YGO while maintaining to be usable is impossible... and thus why there needs to be compensation of the card effects. We have to draw a line between what effect we can imitate in a children's card game, and what effect is carrying it too far to be so specific, situational, and makes no sense except to the creator itself (similar to the anime cards ^_^).

Back awhile ago, it's not like we carry every FF concepts we can imagine when we create imitations of say, Squall. "ZOMG How come Squall can't attack 8 times to represent the ultimate power of Lionheart limit break?" We compensate it by taking stuff out of him, and just maintain a few characteristics of him in his original game and make it a reasonably playable card in YGO.

Afterall, this is "Other Card" forum first, and "Other Games" later... the card is the main focus here, while the theme borrowed from another game is just something to muse on. Not everyone plays FF here, but we can still rate and muse of it as long as we know some basic rules to a children's card game, because that's the main platform we are talking about. Likewise, it's the same case here.

Think it's not just PC, but most Create a Fake YGO Card forum/contests strive to create cards that are at least considerable in using them in the real card game, and just imagine how will they be to be incorporated in a fake deck and so on.

(of course joke cards like all of those OMG A GIANT ROCK! things are hugely exaggerated, with broken/unfair rules that may involve breaking down the 4th wall, but that's joke cards)

I know nothing on the nightmarens or the origin of their game, and I think I'll stay ignorant about them, but I can always comment on them because they are now made into a children's card game, and I know some things about that one.

<><><>

I'm not sure how we get heaven theme from RFG... I'm pretty sure RFG is just what it is: removed from game, and I don't take much "meaning" to try to force derive something out of it (I'll leave that to the English Major students to do it.) If they're not in game, I just treat them as "somewhere out there that's not in the field and potentially not dead." Hey Submarineroid represents a submarine going under water, and what's so submerging about switching to defense mode to tank attacks? Not really any connection there on a physical/literal level, but in a children's card game, that type of thing is usually the best we can do to somewhat make out a theme, yet keeps playability to a reasonable level (and usually, still a bit on the low side too.)

As for raiza, it's all perspective... to the japanese, raiza is a lot weaker/newer than necroface has ever been to their totally different lives u_u; and same for us fellow people who only play the GBA/DS games because we're horribly cheap. (well technically, both necroface and monarch are inexistantly weak to the japanese too... but to anywhere else, monarch is one of the top tier theme all the time due to the much smaller card pool. In order to dream of what world is like with a bigger card pool like that, we make usable fake cards!)

<><><>

On another side note, to throw in a random card to keep things on topic:
Guess I'll also quote from some game source that not many people will know of.

Puyo Puyo!
Normal Spell

You may show this card to your opponent and send it to the graveyard. When there is 3 of this card in your graveyard, shuffle all copies of "Puyo Puyo!" from your graveyard to your deck and activate one of the following effects.
-Special summon a fusion monster with "Ojama" in its name on your side of the field, ignoring summoning conditions.
-Special summon "Ojama Black," "Ojama Green" and "Ojama Yellow" from your graveyard to your side of the field.

(note: yes, it may seen custom made for Ojama monster, it's really taken from a very random game ;p But I think that most people can comment on this card regardless of knowing what the heck is a Puyo Puyo too, because most people who read this thread does play YGO to certain extents. It's not very fun to exclude all of our visitors... and by all, I mean like 3 or 4. Yeah this place is really busy, so I better get going.)

Last edited:

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
To fully imitate full aspect of a game and transport it to YGO while maintaining to be usable is impossible... and thus why there needs to be compensation of the card effects. We have to draw a line between what effect we can imitate in a children's card game, and what effect is carrying it too far to be so specific, situational, and makes no sense except to the creator itself (similar to the anime cards ^_^).

Well, the creator is really the only one who needs to understand it. The opponent doesn't have to. He only has to deal with it to the best of his and his Deck's ability. To be honest, I don't see anything as "too far". "Not far enough", perhaps, but never "too far".

Back awhile ago, it's not like we carry every FF concepts we can imagine when we create imitations of say, Squall. "ZOMG How come Squall can't attack 8 times to represent the ultimate power of Lionheart limit break?" We compensate it by taking stuff out of him, and just maintain a few characteristics of him in his original game and make it a reasonably playable card in YGO.

If I were to make a Squall card, his effect would be to flip a coin whenever he declared an attack. If you call it right, he gets an extra so-and-so ATK. This would mimic the trigger control on his gunblade you could do in the game. As for Renzokuken, I'd make that a Spell Card, and the Renzokuken finishers Quick-Play Spells to Chain to it.

Afterall, this is "Other Card" forum first, and "Other Games" later... the card is the main focus here, while the theme borrowed from another game is just something to muse on. Not everyone plays FF here, but we can still rate and muse of it as long as we know some basic rules to a children's card game, because that's the main platform we are talking about. Likewise, it's the same case here.

I have my own way of doing things. I don't care if you accept that or not, as it's not really my concern what your opinion is. The same would go for President Bush, any administrator here, or even my own family.

Think it's not just PC, but most Create a Fake YGO Card forum/contests strive to create cards that are at least considerable in using them in the real card game, and just imagine how will they be to be incorporated in a fake deck and so on.

But this is no contest, so I don't have to make the cards realistically usable. I just have to make them good enough for a fanfic I might write, or a roleplay I might join.

(of course joke cards like all of those OMG A GIANT ROCK! things are hugely exaggerated, with broken/unfair rules that may involve breaking down the 4th wall, but that's joke cards)

I know nothing on the nightmarens or the origin of their game, and I think I'll stay ignorant about them, but I can always comment on them because they are now made into a children's card game, and I know some things about that one.

If you don't know anything about where my cards come from, then don't comment on them. That's my only request.

<><><>

I'm not sure how we get heaven theme from RFG... I'm pretty sure RFG is just what it is: removed from game, and I don't take much "meaning" to try to force derive something out of it (I'll leave that to the English Major students to do it.) If they're not in game, I just treat them as "somewhere out there that's not in the field and potentially not dead." Hey Submarineroid represents a submarine going under water, and what's so submerging about switching to defense mode to tank attacks? Not really any connection there on a physical/literal level, but in a children's card game, that type of thing is usually the best we can do to somewhat make out a theme, yet keeps playability to a reasonable level (and usually, still a bit on the low side too.)

The Removed Zone is like heaven because of cards with certain effects. "Miraculous Descent", for example, is just like a "Call of the Haunted", but for a Fairy-Type monster that's removed from play. In other words, it's an angel descending from heaven. In Japan, they don't call them Fairy-Type and Fiend-Type monsters. They call them Angel-Type and Demon-Type monsters. For this reason, the Removed Zone can be seen as heaven. It can also be seen as "the Different Dimension", referencing cards like "D.D. Warrior Lady". In Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, during the Yubel saga, it is made clear that there are 12 dimensions of space, and the Removed Zone can represent any of the 11 you aren't Dueling in.

As for raiza, it's all perspective... to the japanese, raiza is a lot weaker/newer than necroface has ever been to their totally different lives u_u; and same for us fellow people who only play the GBA/DS games because we're horribly cheap. (well technically, both necroface and monarch are inexistantly weak to the japanese too... but to anywhere else, monarch is one of the top tier theme all the time due to the much smaller card pool. In order to dream of what world is like with a bigger card pool like that, we make usable fake cards!)

I'm not Japanese, though, and I don't often play in groups. Therefore, I don't really care. All I know is that I'm sick of "Monarch" monsters, but "Necroface" is interesting to me.

<><><>

On another side note, to throw in a random card to keep things on topic:
Guess I'll also quote from some game source that not many people will know of.

Puyo Puyo!
Normal Spell

You may show this card to your opponent and send it to the graveyard. When there is 3 of this card in your graveyard, shuffle all copies of "Puyo Puyo!" from your graveyard to your deck and activate one of the following effects.
-Special summon a fusion monster with "Ojama" in its name on your side of the field, ignoring summoning conditions.
-Special summon "Ojama Black," "Ojama Green" and "Ojama Yellow" from your graveyard to your side of the field.

First, use a bullet instead of a dash. This can be done by holding down the Alt key, then pressing 7 on the number pad, then releasing Alt. Besides that, you can just say, "Send this card from your hand to the Graveyard". I'll show you below.

Puyo Puyo!
Normal Spell
You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard. When 3 "Puyo Puyo!" cards exist in your Graveyard, shuffle them all into your Deck to activate one of these effects. • Special Summon an "Ojama" Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck. • Special Summon 1 each of "Ojama Black", "Ojama Green", and "Ojama Yellow" from your Graveyard.

Things have really been simplified these days, as far as card text goes. Since the Graveyard is public knowledge, showing it to your opponent to discard it is both unnecessary and silly. Also, Special Summoning a Fusion Monster and Fusion Summoning a Fusion Monster are two separate things. Compare "Cyber-Stein" and "Polymerization". Finally, you didn't have to use so many words to get the meaning across. So yeah, there's your simplified "Puyo Puyo!" card.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Eh, just remember that in my roleplay your character can't be extremely good at card games and still use a deck that's bad from a YGO standpoint. Nomis, etc., are allowed, but horrible decks being given to characters who are supposed to be extremely good according to the creator are frowned upon. Characters who are supposedly rank amateurs, on the other hand, can get away with 'silly' decks like the NiGHTS Persona-grabbing deck. I really don't have a problem with nomi cards if that's taken into consideration. (Actually, it would be fun to give Achan some company since he's practically in the same boat and has won more duels on blind luck then real skill).

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Eh, just remember that in my roleplay your character can't be extremely good at card games and still use a deck that's bad from a YGO standpoint. Nomis, etc., are allowed, but horrible decks being given to characters who are supposed to be extremely good according to the creator are frowned upon. Characters who are supposedly rank amateurs, on the other hand, can get away with 'silly' decks like the NiGHTS Persona-grabbing deck. I really don't have a problem with nomi cards if that's taken into consideration. (Actually, it would be fun to give Achan some company since he's practically in the same boat and has won more duels on blind luck then real skill).

Look, they aren't bad. You just have to know how to use them. Besides, the set wouldn't be complete without the Personas anyway.

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
Substitution!
Normal Spell

Select 1 card from your Deck, 1 card from your Side Deck, and show it to your opponent. Put the card you selected from your Deck into your Side Deck, then put the card you selected from your Side Deck into your Deck. Shuffle your Deck afterwards.
(Not sure if something along the lines of "swap the cards" is good enough.
Gotta be careful when wording cards...)

Mermaid Call
Normal Spell

Special Summon 1 "Amazon of the Seas", "Red Archery Girl", "Ice Water", "Guardian Kay'est" or a monster with "Mermaid" in its name from your hand or Deck.
(May have missed some mermaids... please point it out, thanks.)

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Substitution!
Normal Spell

Select 1 card from your Deck, 1 card from your Side Deck, and show it to your opponent. Put the card you selected from your Deck into your Side Deck, then put the card you selected from your Side Deck into your Deck. Shuffle your Deck afterwards.
(Not sure if something along the lines of "swap the cards" is good enough.
Gotta be careful when wording cards...)

Mermaid Call
Normal Spell

Special Summon 1 "Amazon of the Seas", "Red Archery Girl", "Ice Water", "Guardian Kay'est" or a monster with "Mermaid" in its name from your hand or Deck.
(May have missed some mermaids... please point it out, thanks.)

"Guardian Kay'est" is my only problem with "Mermaid Call". Her own effect states that she can't be Summoned unless you control "Rod of Silence - Kay'est". Also, "Toon Mermaid" cannot be Normal Summoned or Set, and can't be Special Summoned unless you control "Toon World".

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
"Guardian Kay'est" is my only problem with "Mermaid Call". Her own effect states that she can't be Summoned unless you control "Rod of Silence - Kay'est". Also, "Toon Mermaid" cannot be Normal Summoned or Set, and can't be Special Summoned unless you control "Toon World".
Point taken. Guess I'll give up on Kay'est and Toon Mermaid.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Point taken. Guess I'll give up on Kay'est and Toon Mermaid.

Not necessarily.

Mermaid Call
Normal Spell
Special Summon 1 "Amazon of the Seas", "Guardian Kay'est", "Red Archery Girl", "Ice Water", or "Mermaid" monster from your Deck, ignoring Summoning conditions.

I'd like a scan of "Ice Water", however.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Just a random card I'd like to interject that may or may not play a role in a "Heart of the Cards-y" moment in CARD GAMES at some point in the near or far future...

Ultimate Tornado Blast
Normal Trap
Activate only when a monster is special summoned by your opponent. Destroy all monsters on the field.

Basically a more restrictive special summon-based Torrential Tribute. I forget if the original includes special summoning in its criterion so if it does just ignore this card. :3

The Ultimate NEPTUNE
Monster/Light/Fairy/Effect/7*
Atk 2900/ Def 1400
When this monster is tribute summoned, no other monster can be special summoned until it is removed from the field.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Just a random card I'd like to interject that may or may not play a role in a "Heart of the Cards-y" moment in CARD GAMES at some point in the near or far future...

Ultimate Tornado Blast
Normal Trap
Activate only when a monster is special summoned by your opponent. Destroy all monsters on the field.

Basically a more restrictive special summon-based Torrential Tribute. I forget if the original includes special summoning in its criterion so if it does just ignore this card. :3

Yes it does.

The Ultimate NEPTUNE
Monster/Light/Fairy/Effect/7*
Atk 2900/ Def 1400
When this monster is tribute summoned, no other monster can be special summoned until it is removed from the field.

Hmm......the only problem is that Monarch does its worst damage by Tributing, so Zaborg (and LaDD, for that matter) will laugh at this. You've just killed Six Samurai, Zombie, and most D-Hero-based decks, though.

...Now, for a new idea:

Quake Smasher LV2
EARTH/Rock/Effect
2 Stars/1200 ATK/1000 DEF
When this card attacks, you can change the Battle Position of the attack target (flip effects are not activated at this time). During the End Phase of a turn that this card destroyed a monster by battle, you can send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Quake Smasher LV4" from your hand or Deck.

Quake Smasher LV4
EARTH/Rock/Effect
4 Stars/2000 ATK/1200 DEF
If this card was not summoned by the effect of "Quake Smasher LV2", the original ATK of this card becomes 1600. When this card attacks, you can change the Battle Position of the attack target (flip effects are not activated at this time). After this effect resolves, if the attack target is a Level 4 or lower EARTH, FIRE, or WATER-attribute monster, destroy it immediately with this card's effect (without applying Damage Calculation). During the End Phase of a turn that an opponent's monster was destroyed by this card's effect, you can send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Quake Smasher LV6" from your hand or Deck.

Quake Smasher LV6
EARTH/Rock/Effect
6 Stars/2600 ATK/1800 DEF
If this card was not summoned by the effect of "Quake Smasher LV4", the original ATK of this card becomes 2200. When this card attacks, you can change the Battle Position of the attack target (flip effects are not activated at this time). After this effect resolves, if the attack target is a Level 6 or lower EARTH, FIRE, or WATER-attribute monster, destroy it immediately with this card's effect (without applying Damage Calculation). During the End Phase of a turn that an opponent's monster was destroyed by this card's effect, you can send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Quake Smasher LV8" from your hand or Deck.

Quake Smasher LV8
EARTH/Rock/Effect
8 Stars/3000 ATK/2300 DEF
If this card was not summoned by the effect of "Quake Smasher LV6", the original ATK of this card becomes 2500. When this card attacks, you can change the Battle Position of the attack target (flip effects are not activated at this time). After this effect resolves, if the attack target is a Level 6 or lower monster, destroy it with this card's effect (without applying Damage Calculation) and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the Level of the destroyed monster x200. During the End Phase of a turn that this card destroyed a monster by battle, you can send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Quake Smasher LV10" from your hand or Deck.

Quake Smasher LV10
EARTH/Rock/Effect
10 Stars/4000 ATK/3000 DEF
You may Tribute Summon this card by offering 3 monsters as a Tribute. If this card was not summoned by the effect of "Quake Smasher LV8", the original ATK of this card becomes 3000. Destroy any monster that this card attacks (without applying Damage Calculation) and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the Level of the destroyed monster x300. This card is unaffected by Spell cards, Trap cards, and effects of EARTH and FIRE-attribute monsters.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
No comment 'cuz ACC is lazy.

Alright, maybe a quick one:

-Mermaid Call: Thematic and everything, but.... what am I going to use it for? Maybe if you make it three mermaids... that would be a pretty nasty trick actually, play Legendary Ocean and special summon three Mermaid Knights. Yow, that's just a painful thought. Anyway, it moves the card out of the realm of "Thematic but not much else" and into the realm of "Possibly useful if timed correctly and capable of creating a theoretical OTK".

-Quake Smashers: Interesting concept... Cloudian Eye of the Typhoon is replaced by an LV series with a few too many monsters for my taste. Most level monsters have a maximum of four times leveling up, and they do it slightly easier in some regards (Armed Dragon, for example, with the useless dragon levelling up after one turn on the field.) Maybe just cut it down to level four and up so that the deck clog isn't so bad? Anyway, freaking insane effect destruction. Your opponent is gonna want to take these babies out and fast before they start really banging with the destruction mill.

As for the comment about monarchs.... Remember "The Dark Critic?" Yeah, play him and there's no tribute summoning for a short time. Between the two, that's a nice little lockdown scenario. Actually, I'm probably switching Critic's type to Fiend and dropping his recurrence clause in order to make it so that he's includable in Sky Scourge decks. How's that for killing the opponent?

Ooh, and... LaDD doesn't LOL. At max, it's 2800. That's 100 Atk points fewer. As long as you summon first, this thing will run it over, and on top of that LaDD nukes the field and doesn't get to special summon anything. Owwwie....

Back