• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I lost interest in Yu-Gi-Oh! when the original series of the anime ended.

The protagonists after Yugi just didn't interest me.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I remembered playing Yu-Gi-Oh cards once, when I was using one of my friends' ultimate deck (he lent one for me) and win. I didn't watch any Yu-Gi-Oh anime series, though.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
The yugioh anime is my childhood and had taught me so much about friendships, determination, amd believing in yourself and trusting your gut feeling too! It means more to me than pokemon. If it werent for yugioh i wouldve never been on pc. I dont play the cardgame much but i will always hold the characters and story dear.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
The YuGiOh anime was alright, one of those few animes I watched. The later seasons are pretty ok. I played a little bit of the card game but not much, I gave away my cards.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
like, for me.

for me, not as a fact.

Like, I feel that way because I clearly have not seen enough YGO episodes.

Yes, perhaps you should watch the original YGO series. I mean, I haven't even seen a majority of it, but they go far deeper into the monsters than you might think.

And, in general, I see more people that play the YGO TCG than the Pokémon TCG. My friends and I have even agreed before that, when it comes to videogames, Pokémon trumps Yu-Gi-Oh, but when it comss to the TCG, Pokémon comes nowhere near Yu-Gi-Oh.
And at least YGO changes it's animé protagonist. >.>;

EDIT: @Kura - Agreed! d:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I know its gonna sound really fangirlly weeaboo to say this but if you havea chanceto watch yugioh in japanese then do it. The tone is so different.. so much darker.. and the music also brings the show to life . Maybe i am a bit bias since i like it, but i couldnt watch the english because the whole seriousness about saving the world and freeing the spirit really got tuned down because they focused so much on marketing, unfortunately...give it a chance in jap if you have the time!

Years
This DCC is already to 3,000 posts hot damn

I still would rather read/watch things in my native toungue and not have to read the subtitles and watch the action at the same time.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Well i guess its fine for me since I'm a fast reader, but the action on tv animated series can be quite low since obviously they need to budget an episode every week and etc, so it won't be feature action animation.. for that reason imo watching subs on those can be quite easy and not as distracting but to each their own of course!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I like subs better in general, although I have to wonder - probably because I'm not as familiar with Japanese, I can't really tell if a line came off awkwardly or something so it's possible I just have no way of knowing bad voice actors in Japanese like I do in English...

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I know its gonna sound really fangirlly weeaboo to say this but if you havea chanceto watch yugioh in japanese then do it. The tone is so different.. so much darker.. and the music also brings the show to life . Maybe i am a bit bias since i like it, but i couldnt watch the english because the whole seriousness about saving the world and freeing the spirit really got tuned down because they focused so much on marketing, unfortunately...give it a chance in jap if you have the time!

. . . I've . . . never actually watched Yu-Gi-Oh in Japanese.
Gosh darn, now I feel like trying that! xD

Aaaaaand there should be a way to "Like" that picture of Aragorn up on the main section page there, lol.

I also just borrowed Borderlands from my brother. Let's see if it's any good, lol. GONNA PLAY AS LILITH. Cool name, cool looking girl, and from their descriptions, she fits my play style best. I love her already, but I have a few more hours until I can be near my Xbox, lol.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I like subs better in general, although I have to wonder - probably because I'm not as familiar with Japanese, I can't really tell if a line came off awkwardly or something so it's possible I just have no way of knowing bad voice actors in Japanese like I do in English...

If you ever want to get a decent idea, try watching any episode or movie where a Japanese celebrity guest stars. There's such a marked difference that even as someone who doesn't understand the language, you'll be able to notice. It's not always noticeable, but most of the time you get actors who think they can just go in there and...speak without having to try.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ooh, that sounds really interesting actually. I may have to try that!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
If you ever want to get a decent idea, try watching any episode or movie where a Japanese celebrity guest stars. There's such a marked difference that even as someone who doesn't understand the language, you'll be able to notice. It's not always noticeable, but most of the time you get actors who think they can just go in there and...speak without having to try.

Yeah I've really noticed that too! I think that's why I'm starting to prefer a lot of liveactions, actually. I know many are over-acted and all that.. but there are some GREAT gems <3

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
I never used firefox, but I believe I can feel your pain. I for some reason choose Internet Explorer, but let's not get into a war over internet browsers. That would be bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back