• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplaying drought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
To whom it may concern:

Though I have noticed this for quite some time already, only now has it come to my attention that there has been a severe dearth in the amount of new roleplays created in the Other Roleplay forum. Only two pages' worth of threads as of right now, and quite a few of those threads have a disturbingly low amount of posts.

In all seriousness, what the hell happened? Have we already run out of ideas? Are you already starting to become dissatisfied with RPing? If so, then is there anything we do to reverse this trend? Are we truly out of ideas? What can be done to attract your interest once more?

With those questions, I shall leave you to your discussion of this rather pressing issue. Thank you for your time, should you read this message.

Signed,

A concerned roleplayer​

Beatrice

OH DESIRE
Years
I've noticed this too. *coughevangelionrpgetonmsncough*

One thing I think is happening is maybe the plots are too grand for some of the lower RPers or for those who can't exactly follow the plot. Maybe just the idea is being overused DNA changing and becoming cliche. I myself know that I get easily bored with slowly moving plots and in time forget about them. I also forget plots that never become started. I'm sure others can relate; after you spend time waiting and waiting for the RP to start...and it never does or goes slowly. Sometimes you just lose the creative flow of things.

I also find very restrictive roleplays not good for the Rpers wanting to RP. 'Follow the leader' RP's so you can continue the plot are very annoying. I suggest maybe some more open Rps that could have more plot freedom to it, that would be nice. I also think that maybe some good RP creators just don't want to post their RP because they think it's not good enough. Just because a past RP was amiss doesn't mean you're not good at making them. Well that's all. I'd like to RP more too :\

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Well, I did post an RP, not in the other section, but it didn't pass the moderation test. I'm only so non-lazy to type a plot once. =_= That's why you don't see many of my brand. I mean, if anyone wants to -try- to revive any of my old RP's, feel free, but not many of them get past the filter. But I agree, that I forget about slow moving RP's, or RP's with people that incessantly bother my character, or me in general.

And, as for your first question after your good cuss, Yeah. I never had any idea's in the first place, but sometimes had fun making my own idea. I'm not good at typing out plots, whether I've got an idea or not. It usually ends up in a whole bunch of nonsense. =_=

About 23 Actual RP's on the pages. Don't forget the stickies and the moved thread.

What happened to that huge plot we were discussing in the 'ultimate RP' thread? O.O The whole thing in general died?

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
I'm also curious...how many RP's have not been accepted? Do the Rp's that didn't get a reason why not? If it is modified, can it still be eligible to be accepted? o.o

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
There's always a drought this time of year, and you just need to deal with it. It has a lot to do with all of the things taking place off of PC during this time of year I think. Increased schoolwork, the fact that you can go outside and do stuff, reasons like that. It'll generally pick up again in a month or so.

Chibi, at least 90% of the RPs in this forum are accepted, it's pretty rare when one isn't. Oo

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Kurosaki said:
There's always a drought this time of year, and you just need to deal with it. It has a lot to do with all of the things taking place off of PC during this time of year I think. Increased schoolwork, the fact that you can go outside and do stuff, reasons like that. It'll generally pick up again in a month or so.
So it's basically poor timing on our part, then? O.o

I'm a recluse burdened with more schoolwork than one can ever hope to imagine, and yet I still find the time to discuss this. That ought to say something right there.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
Jack O'Neill said:
So it's basically poor timing on our part, then? O.o

I'm a recluse burdened with more schoolwork than one can ever hope to imagine, and yet I still find the time to discuss this. That ought to say something right there.
It's spring, everyone is out doing something. I'm sure it's not the only reason, but it's one to keep in mind. XD
Like I said, don't worry about it, this happens a few times a year, it'll get active again soon enough~ So yeah, basically bad timing. XD

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
Yeah, in my almost two years here, it seems to be the way things go. Actually, in my recollection we tend to get some very good ones towards the end of summer. Right now, it's just nice whether and schoolwork, I mean, I'm on less because the spring/summer jam season is starting up, I need to get back in shape and practice some stuff, so naturally, my RP time suffers.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Forums aren't expected to have active RPGs 24/7, are they? I'm sure activity will resume its original pace after this particular season is over, what with schoolwork and such. o_o;

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Yup, it's finals time, and people are doing that instead of RPing. As much as my life usually revolves around RPs, I have to admit that my grades can't afford to suffer. The drought will become all nice and wet again once school's out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back