• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Astinus... I think you need that vacation. =P (So do I, and I'm not getting it anytime soon, but that's besides the point - you need a break from sanity!) Get better soon though - that is, if you haven't already.

Mod sticks are the shizz, yo. But no, you can't have one. =P

I'd say something useful...but I'm too busy with this darn Cathode Ray Oscilloscope sassignment. D=

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Cathode Ray Oscilloscope sassignment. D=
I really need a vacation.

This was the funniest thing I have read today. XD I don't know why. But it's just Oscilloscope!

OSCILLOSCOPE!

OSCILLOSCOPE! :D

My mod stick is rusty though. :( I need to clean it someday.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
GR, I am gonna jack it. I hereby yoink the spot form Sparkling Dragon.

Screw it, I'd much rather sleep than steal the post.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
x3

If I didn't think I would get in serious amounts of trouble, I would post constantly until the 9999th post. Only because I'm not going to "bed" for another three hours.

But I have to be in work early tomorrow. So...I can't.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Let's go!

I dunno why I said that. Anyway, I just posted my first ever fic! Go have a look, then come back and shoot me. I can't believe it. According to the old thread on BMGf, I have been writing fanfiction for six months as of the Tuesday just gone. OMG.

Lash

Years
@Sparking Dragon: I shall post a review of how much I liked it on your profile once I'm done reading it. And I shall read it once I'm done writing the first chapter to the fanfic I'm writing, haha.

Anyways, new question time.

Do you prefer to write at night or during the day?
I like to write during the night. I just don't know why, but I don't like writing during the day, unless I have something good to continue writing on that was written at night.

Misheard Whisper

Years
Chaptered fics at night, oneshots any time. I cannot sit down and write chapters during daytime. I also like to write at 6am.

Lash

Years
Oh hell, Sparking Dragon, I just did a count, and if you and I are the only ones posting, I will be the one ending up with the 9999th post! D:
lol yes, I read.

Eh, I'll just delete the post with the question when the 9999th post time comes/near the time or something, unless someone else posts.

What do you like to do with your surroundings when you write?
I like to just sit down on my bed with the radio on, maybe the fan on high. And, the door closed.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2010
Feelin good about my story right now. About to go begin Chapter 3.

(for the love of god someone read the new chapter)

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013

The majority of Metal Coat was written at night, and for my skill level at the time it was pretty good. However, I have currently started dragging around a notebook in which I write first drafts of new chapters for other stories (as opposed to actually paying attention in class)which are usually heavily revised when I get home and type them up.

So I'd say my ideal writing time is from four PM to ten PM for chaptered fanfictionry, and very late at night for oneshots or really stupid-sounding sings with mounds of inside jokes...

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Anyway, I just posted my first ever fic! Go have a look, then come back and shoot me. I can't believe it. According to the old thread on BMGf, I have been writing fanfiction for six months as of the Tuesday just gone. OMG.

You know, this is sad. Your first fic wasn't even a year ago. My first fic was in 1998.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to drink myself into a stupor for feeling old. Even if it is eleven in the morning.

(Is there anyone else on this thread who started writing before we even got word on this side of the globe that there was going to be a second generation? XD)

Night. I'm usually doing stuff during the day, while at night, I'm usually half-awake and coming up with WTFery in terms of fic ideas.

If I'm not in my dorm room (i.e., back home), I'm at my desk. There's no (reliable) outlet on my bed's side of the room, and anyway, it's just more comfortable. If I am in my dorm room, I'm always sitting on the bed with my legs stretched out under my laptop and my back sandwiching a pillow against a wall. It's really all about comfort.

(for the love of god someone read the new chapter)

I only review if the author reviews my own work due to the principles brought up here. (In fact, even if it's underused, you could always try using that thread.) *thumbs up*

This may also explain why I haven't actually touched the review requests I've gotten just before heading down to Florida a couple weeks ago. Well, that and one of you decided to ask me to review a 50+-page work. ._.

(At which point, yeah, if you're reading this, I'm sorry. If I don't get to it before the last post turns a month old, you're free to smack me.)

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
I write at 9:00 every night, though I sometimes write during the day too, but that's rare.

Not much that's different from my usual surroundings; headphones on (music not), door ajar and window opened depending if I'm too warm. Though, I do close all my extra web browsers so they can't continue distracting me.

Bay

Years
I'm a little weird, actually. During the weekdays, I would write at night. During weekends, however, I would write in morning, afternoon. Don't know why. :O I guess it's because during the weekedays I would have a lot of stuff to do relating to school, work, and life, but weekends I would decide to write first then study later. XD

Usually listening to music and a drink of water or cream soda for me. XD

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
And then I come back for a while.

I prefer to write during the night, only because I have more time for me and me only. During the day I have to be available for other people and that is too much of a distraction to me when it comes to writing.

I just sit somewhere in my room (yes, somewhere in my room) and let myself loose to think about the things I want to write. When it comes to actually writing, I put in a news channel or a series channel where they're featuring repeats so I don't get distracted, and limit myself to listen to the TV (without watching) while I write. It somehow helps me focus.

Everything goes up to eleven if Mota, my lovely cat, comes to my room and demands some petting. She does so by jumping to my lap and stretching there, purring and looking at the keyboard tentatively. Once she flats her ears and loses her eyes, she won't get down, so I'm locked at the PC and forced to write anyways... :D

LET THE SPAMMING COMMENCE!
O'key! :D

Because we ALL LOVE s-p-a-m, right? I mean, this is the Lounge...

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2010
I only review if the author reviews my own work due to the principles brought up here. (In fact, even if it's underused, you could always try using that thread.) *thumbs up*

This may also explain why I haven't actually touched the review requests I've gotten just before heading down to Florida a couple weeks ago. Well, that and one of you decided to ask me to review a 50+-page work. ._.

(At which point, yeah, if you're reading this, I'm sorry. If I don't get to it before the last post turns a month old, you're free to smack me.)
In a month, I expect it to also be 50+ pages.

Misheard Whisper

Years
LET THE SPAMMING COMMENCE!

Spamspamspam.
Not. When I write, the door must be closed, only one light source, no noise. Having nobody else in the house helps, too.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
There's such a thing as daytime?

Day is when I sleep, so I write everything at night.

I write anywhere, at any time. I write while sitting on the floor, in restaurants, in the grocery store, in bed, at my desk, in my bed, outside on my swing, in the car. So I never really have a set "surrounding" to write. I just stop where I am, write, and keep going.

The disclaimer about the "writing in the car" part is the fact I haven't gotten my car yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back