• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon Monorpale/Hitotsuki/Honedge!

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
IMO it's eh and shows me that their running out of ideas for Pokemon XD But I need to give it a chance. It looks like it could be more affective in a double team battle. One Pokemon can use this Sword Pokemon on the opponents. Or triple battle IF they reveal a shield counter part.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I still think it's my least favorite out of the new Pokemon we've seen so far, but it's not all too bad. The fact that it can go in and out of its sheath is pretty unique; none of the other inanimate objects had anything like that. And it can learn Swords Dance so I'm imagining it that instead of swords dancing around it the Pokemon itself just dances haha.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wish the sheath could work like a forme in terms of stats, it'll have higher defense when it has it on but lower attack and vice versa when it's off.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
It'd be cool to me if it looked like the one in the "new pokemon listings" page and not the one in the "pre-release screenshots" page.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I think Honedge is quite cool in a way, even though it's just a sword. And that typing! Steel/Ghost sounds superb. I might try it out, but only if it has an evolution. I don't really see it having an evolution though. It could evolve into a knight-like Pokemon like Bisharp, but I guess it'll more likely evolve to something like an even huger sword with more decorations..? It's interesting all the same though. Not going to judge the sword by its scabbard, so I'm gonna wait till I try it out to decide. Hmm.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
I would catch and train a Honedge if it's sheath was how it actually looked. Going into battle with a puny average iron sword would suck.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
This pokemon is awesome, it reminds me of the Ghost golem from black and white, I could see it carrying this guy around lol

Years
I am wondering how the whole sheath dynamic works. Let me know if there exists some information regarding this, but is like Darmatian or Cherrium, in which it is dependant on battle conditions?

I like the idea of it just being sheathed, and then unsheathing just for the animation of the attack, while its tassel grips the sword (a sword without an eye!). I am not fond of looking at the unclothed sword just oddly floating idly holding onto the sheath like, "am I allowed to set this thing down?"

I definitely agree with BinaryPeaches on this one. Not may favorite, if not my least favorite of the generation. I hope new info comes out that will change my opinion.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I don't really like it very much. It's not very easy to personify a sword compared to an animal or humanoid. A possessed suit of armor would *suit* what I'd like for a ghost/steel types more. Is there a possibility that Honedge might evolve?

Years
I think it will evolve into a long sword cuz it kinda looks like a short sword right now. If it infact does have good stats or even attack it will be on my team because of its types. Also what if it was a
Something pokemon could hold/use in battle? If this does happen I think it would be amazing.

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
It could possibly evolve to get two tassels, effectively becoming a two-handed sword? Honestly, I think this thing is awesome. It's a shame more people don't like it, but that's fine. To each his own.

Years
Who cares about what it look like? Jeez, the posion water pokemon looks even worse. I mean come on, just because of how it looks people are not wanting to use it? It's type combonation seems awesome. I mean seriously this is like saying you wouldn't be friends with a person because of the way that they look in some sense. This is annoying.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I actually really like this pokemon. I am a huge sword fan. I also really like the middle ages. So this sword is like one of the best pokemon that has come out. I am hoping there is a shield pokemon to go with it.

Years
Unfortunately, a lot of people seem to have certain design expectations of what a Pokemon should look like. I feel that Honedge's design alone is enough for it to be shunned by some people, because of it being just a floating sword (as they see it, with all due respect), and pretty much nothing else standing out from it. It should come as no surprise as these standards are set relatively high each and every single generation, and people, in their minds, have some specific hope of what a certain particular Pokemon is going to look like, or perhaps hope that a certain Pokemon they desire is going to be made, if that makes sense.

Of course, if a Pokemon is made, and if it falls relatively short of expectations, there's going to be a bit of moan and groan about it, whether it be about to design, the name, or otherwise. For me, I'm not bothered because I just want to see what it's competitively capable of, as that part sticks out to me more than anything else (as well as what moves it can learn, of course!).
Yet nobody complained about Magnaton (The electric thing) or electross and they look hidious.
Jeez, the new posion water guy or w.e is stupid looking to yet he is not hated. Idk i just don't get why so many people are hating on the sword. I am estimating (Based off if he doesnt evolve) most pokemon with only one evolution, atleast the one i seen, have base stats between 450-535 which is decent and with its type advantage having few weakness this thing will rock. But w.e i dont care what people think i will likely have him on my team

Years
Yet nobody complained about Magnaton (The electric thing) or electross and they look hidious.
Jeez, the new posion water guy or w.e is stupid looking to yet he is not hated. Idk i just don't get why so many people are hating on the sword. I am estimating (Based off if he doesnt evolve) most pokemon with only one evolution, atleast the one i seen, have base stats between 450-535 which is decent and with its type advantage having few weakness this thing will rock. But w.e i dont care what people think i will likely have him on my team

I like having a range of pokemon that are either goofy, cute, elegant, rugged, evil, or yes, even ugly MONSTERS as the compostion of the regional dex. The issue with honedge is that he does not embody a monster, it is a sword. I like the idea of the sheath-ghost possesing the sword, but with the sword having an eye and and holding onto the sheath, it lends me to believe that the sword is the actual pokemon, and that is not a creature at all. Magnemite was not simply a magnet with an eye attached, rahter it was a robot with a metal spherical body that had two magets attacked to it along with some nuts and bolts. It is a mechanical monster that channels the concept of magnet rather than being a literal one. Skrelp goes under the ugly/weird pokemon category. I may not use him, but I sure wouldn't mind battling him, and have the variety of an oddball which adds to the overall gaming experience. Aesthetics do matter, without them, the whole premise of pokemon is lost.

Years
I like having a range of pokemon that are either goofy, cute, elegant, rugged, evil, or yes, even ugly MONSTERS as the compostion of the regional dex. The issue with honedge is that he does not embody a monster, it is a sword. I like the idea of the sheath-ghost possesing the sword, but with the sword having an eye and and holding onto the sheath, it lends me to believe that the sword is the actual pokemon, and that is not a creature at all. Magnemite was not simply a magnet with an eye attached, rahter it was a robot with a metal spherical body that had two magets attacked to it along with some nuts and bolts. It is a mechanical monster that channels the concept of magnet rather than being a literal one. Skrelp goes under the ugly/weird pokemon category. I may not use him, but I sure wouldn't mind battling him, and have the variety of an oddball which adds to the overall gaming experience. Aesthetics do matter, without them, the whole premise of pokemon is lost.

That's stupid. A ugly pokemon can still be powerful, look at emboar he is also ugly, but sorta powerful, mind you Tepig seemed to be the most common starter. Besides cute pokemon (Besides the legendarys are weak. Tho you can use whichever pokemon you want I just find it stupid how everyone gives thisguy a bashing.

Years
^ I never said most or all ugly pokemon are weak, I am not sure you are reading my posts correctly. Simply, aesthetics matter, and even an "ugly" pokemon can be aesthetically pleasing to their fans if the design is innovative and creature-like. Many emboar users might also be please by his intricate pattern and colorization with the orange, yellow, red, and black. I think the emboar is slightly ugly, but brutish and intense looking, but I enjoy having the variety of aestitic brought into the game to diversify Serperiors Elegance/Regality and Samurott's formadible/calm demeanor. Everyone has a preference among these three, and the preference is justified, even for Emboar.

Honedge takes away from the pokemon aesthetic and story-line of players who do not use him. Given that a sword is not a creature or creature-like, it would have been fine if the ghost was holding onto the sword rather than possessing a sword. In the sheath, it looks fine, it gives the pokemon an innovative design, but when unsheathed, the sheath with the tassel should be holding the sword, not the other way around. When getting ready to encounter a creature of some sort, those that run into a floating sword will be disappointed and not feel like they are playing the same game.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years

I find eelektross to be cool. And that poison water thing is called skrelp and its based off a weedy seadragon. People are being silly and judging pokemon by looks(not naming names, and the haters I'm talking about are mostly on youtube)

Back