• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen TMs!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Do you want new TMs, or were they fine in gen V? What would you like to see make a return in gen VI that was scrapped in previous gens? Do you think they'll be reusable like in gen V?

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I hope they all return as well as the new ones for new moves. We should get close to 150 tms.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, that first question is awkward, I know. I was trying to get this up before someone else did! Anyway, of course I want new TMs, and I really hope they're reusable like in gen V. It didn't make sense for them to break in previous gens. I assumed you pressed it against the Pokemon's head to make it learn a TM and that's why it broke. Not anymore!

As for old TMs that should make a comeback in gen VI, let's have elemental punches, Dark Pulse, Roost, Stealth Rock, and Body Slam. Going old school with that last one, haha.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I'm alright with there being rubbishy TMs during early-game as rewards for gym leaders and stuff like that, but really, past the 5th gym or so they should be looking at stepping up the TMs from there. It'd be really nice to see some useful TMs added beyond that point in preparation for the tougher late-game battles and E4. Either that, or reserve some more really good ones for the post-game as long as said post-game contains enough to be worthwhile.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm not too fussed about which moves become TMs since I don't do competitive battling over wi-fi much (who wants to train EVs? pshh) and I enjoy using moves that the Pokémon learn naturally so I don't often use TMs, but they're really fun to collect so I'd love to see them add lots more for that reason alone. As for whether or not they stay as being reusable, I definitely want them to. On the odd occasion that I used a TM for a powerful move in the previous generations and it disappeared only to find out there's no other copies of that TM in the game, it was really depressing after trying so hard to get a full collection! So I absolutely loved the reusable feature introduced with Gen V and would love to see it continued.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I assumed you pressed it against the Pokemon's head to make it learn a TM and that's why it broke. Not anymore!
That's what I thought happened, too xD Especially due to FRLG...but anyways...

If TMs aren't reusable this time around, I'll be more disappointed than I can even conceptualize at the moment.

I'm hoping for more TMs to be of "competitive" attacks. I think it would just help a lot of competitive players out (and some non-competitive players, too, since they'll have easier access to the higher-end moves) if there were less of those TMs of attacks no one really uses and more TMs of strong attacks that can be used by a wide variety of Pokemon. And they should definitely be a mix of attacks from all generations!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I say bring on the new TMs, and hopefully, they replace the more useless ones like Incinerate and Struggle Bug. We need more physical-based Ghost, Fire, Electric, and Ice moves and special-based Fighting, Ground, and Rock moves as TMs.

Years
I think new moves would be cool. I just hope some of the good moves stay. XD And of course, I'm gonna be really really mad if they make them one use again. Unlimited TMs FTW!!! Seriously it's so much more fun that way. lol

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
TMs

As we all know, in Gen 5 they made it so that TMs could be used unlimited amount of times just like HMs (something which devalued HMs in my opinion). Do you reckon that they'll continue with this mechanic or revert back to the Gen 1-4 way of having TMs only be used once. Additionally, does anyone believe that any current moves will be given TM status?

Years
I'd much rather the TM's stay as multiple use items like HM's, but I'd change up the list a bit. Chances are they'll add new Gen IV moves anyway.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I want new TMs for sure! I'm really excited to see what they come up with. More TMs the better, right? I'm always excited to see what moves they decide to put where... but I really hope they get rid of ones like struggle bug. :( That was just terrible.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Yeah, I really want better TMs. There were a lot in gen 5 that needed to stop. Maybe a move tutor can teach them, but seriously, new TMs. Especially since its gen 6, there should be some new moves, and I want some of the good ones captured on TM.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The unlimited use of TMs in Gen V was like a gift from Arceus.

It may or may not have devalued HMs in Gen V, that's debatable, but I'd say GameFreak's choice to do so was a pretty popular and successful one. The price of purchase may have gone up, but it was worth it in the long run. So I do hope Gen VI will continue in doing so.

Like every generation, I'm sure we'll see a slight change up in the list of TMs as well as some newly added TMS too. That's inevitable.

Years
I hope to god they drop the stupid Gen V support TM's from the list altogether. >:| Some move tutors to balance things out would also be nice.

Back