• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey everyone

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
Hi, I'm trotz59. I came here because I have an incredibly deep passion for everything pokemon, games, manga, tcg, (competitive and recreational); which I've had a passion for since the day Pokemon came to American when I was five. I have started some pokemon fanfics and realllly want to RP (even though I never have before). I'm not really sure what else to say, but I feel like there's a lot I want to say that I can't think of.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hey there Trotz and welcome to PC!
A pokemon fan like you will have a blast with us on the forums! There is boards about everything that's pokemon related, so make sure you check out every corner of the forum (:
You should definitely share some of those fanfics and try out some RP, I'm sure you'll have fun!
And don't worry, people here are very talkative and chatty, so you'll get to tell us plenty of stuff about yourself in time ;) So what was your very first Pokemon Game? and what other things do you enjoy beside Pokemon? If you ever need anything, just ask a Mod or another member, we all love to help out :D
I hope to see you around!!

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
Hi Zoro, thanks for the warm greeting :). And I'll be sure to try out some RPs and post my fics, thanks for the advice ^_^. My first Pokemon game ever was Pokemon Red. I chose Squirtle as my starter and I literally fell in love with the game.

And I enjoy a variety of things. I'm big into video games (mostly rpg seris's like pokemon, final fantasy, tales of..., dragon quest, baten kaitos, etc), and I like some Animenext too (Fate Stay night <3). I'm also into creative writing and want to write a novel at some point. I also do a lot of volunteer work, and I'm going to college to study LGBT psychology. I want to help LGBT teens that are going through tough times. I'm also minority in Philosphy and classical studies (Greek and roman mythology; and theology are amazingly fascinating). Oh and I cosplay a lot (mostly Pokemon stuff, my main cosplay is Raichu. But I also cosplay other stuff like gender bent bubbles from powderpuff girls, and luxord from kingdom hearts).

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
Years
Welcome to PC Trotz59. I too am new to this site, signed up last night...or was it this morning lol can't remember. All I know is that the sun was down XD

You seem to keep yourself busy with a lot of activities which is great! I agree with Zoro about the fan fiction! I really want to hear what you got to add to the story of Pokemon :) What kind of novel would you want to write and what age bracket? How is college going for you? What cons have you gone to and/or go to regularly? I myself cosplay, but from different shows/movies/games.

I look forward to seeing you on the forums and if you get Pokemon X or Y maybe we can battle sometime :)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
My first Pokemon game ever was Pokemon Red. I chose Squirtle as my starter and I literally fell in love with the game.

Gotta love the classic! So one can see you are basically a "veteran", like most members (:
Tbh my first game was Yellow, so i got to have all the starters ^^ Charizard is my favorite,
but Blastoise is a really close second!

I'm big into video games (mostly rpg seris's like pokemon, final fantasy, tales of..., dragon quest, baten kaitos, etc), and I like some Animenext too (Fate Stay night <3). I'm also into creative writing and want to write a novel at some point. I also do a lot of volunteer work, and I'm going to college to study LGBT psychology. I want to help LGBT teens that are going through tough times. I'm also minority in Philosphy and classical studies (Greek and roman mythology; and theology are amazingly fascinating). Oh and I cosplay a lot (mostly Pokemon stuff, my main cosplay is Raichu. But I also cosplay other stuff like gender bent bubbles from powderpuff girls, and luxord from kingdom hearts).

You have some really cool interests! I'm into Videogames myself, although i have no clue what Animenext is? Excuse my ignorance ^^ Wow, writing a novel, now that's ambitious! I love to read good books, and I'd love to read some of your works one day! You seem like a really nice guy who loves to do things for other, and kudos on doing all the voluntary work! Your career plans are very inspiring, i hope you get to do what you love most. I always found philosophy to be really interesting, but i think i would never have the courage to study it in college. I've never cosplayed...probably because i don't know anyone in RL who does...it sounds like a bunch of fun though! And i absolutely love Kingdom Hearts!! :D

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
Years
Cosplaying is so much fun! In highschool I had 1 friend Tina who went to cons and cosplayed with her boyfriend and I wanted to get into so bad because it was the time for my geeky side to really shine!

So I cosplayed as Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh! (The Battle City Tournament Kaiba outfit) and I had everything I needed; duel disc, deck, necklace, and brief case. That same year I cosplayed as Death The Kid from Soul Eater and had the wig, rings, necklace, and even customized beebee guns for the pistols he has. I now have a water Pokemon trainer costume and Gideon from Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World to show off at cons :)

Cosplaying is an addiction once you do it, but the benefits of it is when you have a finished con costume, you also have your high quality Halloween costume instead of those over prices cheap made costumes lol :P

I cosplayed alone, then got my brother and sister into it. I made my sister a simple Pikachu costume that everyone in my family loved I had to make 3 more (1 for my older sister and 2 for my nieces) and my brother was Ben from Ben 10.

I am currently wanting to work on another costume that is from Pokemon, but I am going to be a dark trainer or gym leader with my reference coming from my Pokemon umbreon.

You should try it out Zoro! :D You will enjoy it trust me! The cosplay community is so friendly and love giving free hugs and getting lots of pictures!

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
You have some really cool interests! I'm into Videogames myself, although i have no clue what Animenext is? Excuse my ignorance ^^ Wow, writing a novel, now that's ambitious! I love to read good books, and I'd love to read some of your works one day! You seem like a really nice guy who loves to do things for other, and kudos on doing all the voluntary work! Your career plans are very inspiring, i hope you get to do what you love most. I always found philosophy to be really interesting, but i think i would never have the courage to study it in college. I've never cosplayed...probably because i don't know anyone in RL who does...it sounds like a bunch of fun though! And i absolutely love Kingdom Hearts!!

Oh I meant to say anime but my phone autocorrected to Animenext (which is a convention that I worked at, in New Jersey). Thank you very much for all your praise ^^, I'll be sure to show you some of my writing sometime! I have a deep love for Philosphy, and to be honest, I was very scared to try studying it. But I won an award on my essay on theology in high school (not like a big awardor anything, just a school-recognized one),and it really motivated me into deciding on minoring in it. Cosplaying is soooo much fun! You should try it sometime. I didn't until I knew people in RL who did but I've loved doing it since. I even have two cosplay groups (one is a Pokemon Gym Leader cosplay group, where I am Lt. Surge). Kingdom Hearts is fantastic, what are your favorite characters? And what's your favorite Pokemon type (I ask this to everyone)? Mine is really a toss up between Electric and Ground, but if I had to choose one it would be Electric.

Welcome to PC Trotz59. I too am new to this site, signed up last night...or was it this morning lol can't remember. All I know is that the sun was down XD

You seem to keep yourself busy with a lot of activities which is great! I agree with Zoro about the fan fiction! I really want to hear what you got to add to the story of Pokemon What kind of novel would you want to write and what age bracket? How is college going for you? What cons have you gone to and/or go to regularly? I myself cosplay, but from different shows/movies/games.

I look forward to seeing you on the forums and if you get Pokemon X or Y maybe we can battle sometime

Thank you for the welcome Dark Hole :D. I signed up last night too, I've been becoming addicted to the site though, I've been on it all day. Yeah I tend to do a lot of activities, I'm always working on a new project. I like to keep myself busy. What kind of activites are you involved in?
I'll post the FanFictions ASAP, and I'll link you both to it ^^. I just got to find them all in my documents (and finish the ones that aren't done yet). My novel would be directed toward teenagers, and would be a fantasy. I've written a few stories before, all fantasies; or some forms of fiction. I can link you to some if you'd like. College is going fantastically for me. Are you in college?
Well I work for a company called PopCult Anime that goes to New England conventions (just a few), so I regularly go to Anime Boston, AnimeNEXT, and Another Anime Convention (and previously ConnetiCon). What kind of shows/movies/games do you typically cosplay from?

I plan to get X or Y as soon as they come out to the states. I am SOOOO excited for them XD. I have been having an argument with my boyfriend since they were announced. We both want to get Y, but we want to have different ones so that we can trade and all that non-sense. I think he's gonna cave soon though and decide to get X :P

Cosplaying is so much fun! In highschool I had 1 friend Tina who went to cons and cosplayed with her boyfriend and I wanted to get into so bad because it was the time for my geeky side to really shine!

So I cosplayed as Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh! (The Battle City Tournament Kaiba outfit) and I had everything I needed; duel disc, deck, necklace, and brief case. That same year I cosplayed as Death The Kid from Soul Eater and had the wig, rings, necklace, and even customized beebee guns for the pistols he has. I now have a water Pokemon trainer costume and Gideon from Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World to show off at cons

Cosplaying is an addiction once you do it, but the benefits of it is when you have a finished con costume, you also have your high quality Halloween costume instead of those over prices cheap made costumes lol

I cosplayed alone, then got my brother and sister into it. I made my sister a simple Pikachu costume that everyone in my family loved I had to make 3 more (1 for my older sister and 2 for my nieces) and my brother was Ben from Ben 10.

I am currently wanting to work on another costume that is from Pokemon, but I am going to be a dark trainer or gym leader with my reference coming from my Pokemon umbreon.

Wow you have a lot of cosplays. They all sound really awesome, especially your Seto Kaiba one. I've always wanted to cosplay Malik from Yu-Gi-Oh. I started cosplaying my freshman year of high school (four years ago), and I loved it! My first cosplay ever was a Naruto OC named Ka-ting. I typically lean towards cosplaying mostly Pokemon, but I've cosplayed all kinds of stuff. A lot of my siblings are interested in cosplaying, and I try getting them too but they are too lazy (I have 7 younger siblings, three of which are interested in cosplaying). I usually cosplay Electric type pokemon such as Raichu ( < my default cosplay and nickname at cons), Emolga, and Ampharos; as well as electric type gym leaders (Lt. Surge and Volkner). I plan to cosplay one gym leader and one elite four from each region with my Gym leader group, and to cosplay much more pokemon. I also have performed in the masquerade at a few cons (not as anything pokemon related though. Just Original stuff with my other group). What kind of cons do you go to? What kind of stuff do you make your cosplays out of? I'm pretty resourceful, if I do say so myself. My step dad and I make a lot of my cosplays out of regular household stuff; and they usually come out pretty good.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
You should try it out Zoro! :D You will enjoy it trust me! The cosplay community is so friendly and love giving free hugs and getting lots of pictures!

It seems like Cosplaying really is a bunch of fun, you guys are making me want to get started right ahead on some kind of costume ^^ problem is though i have no artistic skill of any kind, so i wouldn't even know how to make a costume :/

Oh I meant to say anime but my phone autocorrected to Animenext (which is a convention that I worked at, in New Jersey). Thank you very much for all your praise ^^, I'll be sure to show you some of my writing sometime! I have a deep love for Philosphy, and to be honest, I was very scared to try studying it. But I won an award on my essay on theology in high school (not like a big awardor anything, just a school-recognized one),and it really motivated me into deciding on minoring in it. Cosplaying is soooo much fun! You should try it sometime. I didn't until I knew people in RL who did but I've loved doing it since. I even have two cosplay groups (one is a Pokemon Gym Leader cosplay group, where I am Lt. Surge). Kingdom Hearts is fantastic, what are your favorite characters? And what's your favorite Pokemon type (I ask this to everyone)? Mine is really a toss up between Electric and Ground, but if I had to choose one it would be Electric.

Ah okay, i love Animes myself! haven't seen that many yet, but they are great!
Kingdom Hearts is a truly awesome game, i can't wait for KH3 to be released :D
My favorite characters would have to be Sora, Axel and Terra.
Having to chose a favorite type is almost impossible to me, since i love a lot of types, and I'm especially interested in cool and unique type combos. I guess my 2 favorite type would be electric and fighting, followed closely by Fire and Steel. But if i had to pick one, I'll probably pick Fighting!
And btw, I've been hoping for a Electric/Fighting Pokemon since Gen3...let's hope we get one with X/Y!!

And talking about X/Y, I'm so extremely excited about the games and all the new aspects about them! Finally a 3D pokemon world with 3D battles, so awesome! Plus a whole bunch of Pokemon to get to know and learn to love :D I'll probably get Y first (because Yveltal looks extremely badass!) but sooner or later I'll end up having both i think ^^

And i'm glad you two get along so well, seems like you are already best friends :D

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
Years
Your welcome :) Yes I agree this website is very addiciting. I couldn't sleep last night because I just wanted to stay up and talk to people lol.

I don't have a lot of activities, but the ones I do currently are very time consuming. I am a Youtube Partner with the RPM Network and I run a gaming youtube channel. The types of content you will find on my channel are entertaining commentaries, video game walkthroughs, video game news, vlogs, etc. My channel is mostly known for my Battlefield 3 videos, but I also do content for Halo 4 and Black Ops 2. Aside from those games in general I have started focusing on games that are old or new, but don't have the spotlight on them like other titles like Halo for example. I am trying to separate my channel from the rest on Youtube and letting my content branch out to a much wider audience.

I am truely a one man army. I do the recording, editing, commentaries, thumbnail art, channel banner art, social networking, and I even run my own website. My website is a gaming news, game reviews, videos, community hub which I use to keep up with daily, but that was before I got a hourly job. I still do my best to upload some kind of news each week if I can find the time.

Aside from virtual gaming I am also into TCG (Trading Card Gaming). I have collected so much Pokemon Gen 1 cards and I still have them. I use to play Magic: The Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh!, but now I play Cardfight Vanguard. It is so much fun and the anime is so good! :D a must watch!

I did go to college in 2009-2010 for Game Design & Development but after that first year I had to withdraw because I was putting 100.00 in my gas tank each week. So I took some time off and even looked into other fields, but it all leaned back to gaming or opening a business. So I looked into going back to school and found out that I cannot get enough funds from the government or banks so school is out of the question for me. It is a bummer I agree, but that wont stop me for making a career path for myself!

I wish I worked and got paid to cosplay and go to different conventions! That would be awesome :D I mainly cosplay from Anime shows. Just matters on my obsession at the time lol.
Lol that is funny that you two are arguing over that, its cute. My girlfriend doesn't have a 3DS nor into the Pokemon game format, but my siblings definitely want both versions. I might just buy both, but X has my heart <3 lol.

When it comes to conventions I mainly go to Anime/Video Game/Comic/Sci Fi conventions because it is all the stuff I am into all in one place! Like for example I went to Megacon in Orlando, FL in 2011 and I made a Tron Legacy t shirt out of white duck tape to give the glow effect at a distance and I had the deluxe edition identity disc on the back to that was covered in the same tape so it looks all together. As for what I make my costumes out of it really depends because I suck at making costumes, but I am good at making props. Most of my costumes are either made professionally or I find a simple way of putting it together by going out and buying certain materials like shirts, fabric glue, sewing thread, etc. If I could make them from scratch 100% every time I so would! :)

It seems like Cosplaying really is a bunch of fun, you guys are making me want to get started right ahead on some kind of costume ^^ problem is though i have no artistic skill of any kind, so i wouldn't even know how to make a costume :/

Cosplaying is definitely a lot of fun and it is highly recommended. Its okay if you can't sew or anything because you can find a lot of costumes pre-made on Ebay. Depending on the costume some are a simple put together, like a Pokemon Trainer. They just wear casual clothing, but have eye catching area's that show they are from the Pokemon world.

So even though you may not be able to make a costume, you can always buy them. That is what I did for 80% of mine :) Because I too am not artistic when it comes to sewing. Now traditional art (pencil and paper) I am great at :)

Last edited:

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
Your welcome Yes I agree this website is very addiciting. I couldn't sleep last night because I just wanted to stay up and talk to people lol.

I don't have a lot of activities, but the ones I do currently are very time consuming. I am a Youtube Partner with the RPM Network and I run a gaming youtube channel. The types of content you will find on my channel are entertaining commentaries, video game walkthroughs, video game news, vlogs, etc. My channel is mostly known for my Battlefield 3 videos, but I also do content for Halo 4 and Black Ops 2. Aside from those games in general I have started focusing on games that are old or new, but don't have the spotlight on them like other titles like Halo for example. I am trying to separate my channel from the rest on Youtube and letting my content branch out to a much wider audience.

I am truely a one man army. I do the recording, editing, commentaries, thumbnail art, channel banner art, social networking, and I even run my own website. My website is a gaming news, game reviews, videos, community hub which I use to keep up with daily, but that was before I got a hourly job. I still do my best to upload some kind of news each week if I can find the time.

Aside from virtual gaming I am also into TCG (Trading Card Gaming). I have collected so much Pokemon Gen 1 cards and I still have them. I use to play Magic: The Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh!, but now I play Cardfight Vanguard. It is so much fun and the anime is so good! a must watch!

Wow it seems like you do a lot! I just subscriped to your channel. I'm more into RPGs then FPSs, though I do love Halo (and my brother loves FPSs, I'll be sure to tell him about your Youtube, he has one too thats for gaming but I'm not sure of it's name). It sounds like you're doing pretty well at starting your own career, gaming is so much fun. I used to play Magic: The Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh too! Though the only TCG I play competitively still is Pokemon, and it's not as often as it used to be (mostly because it's hard to do both the TCG and video game competitions).

That sucks about college but you sound like you'll be able to go somewhere without it.

I wish I worked and got paid to cosplay and go to different conventions! That would be awesome I mainly cosplay from Anime shows. Just matters on my obsession at the time lol.
Lol that is funny that you two are arguing over that, its cute. My girlfriend doesn't have a 3DS nor into the Pokemon game format, but my siblings definitely want both versions. I might just buy both, but X has my heart <3 lol.

Yeah for me it also usually depends on what I'm obsessed with at the time. And I LOVE my job; it's not enough to make a career off of, but it is sooo much fun and amazing to be able to do.

We usually argue over the geekiest of things XD (the other day we were having a very heated debate on whether Pokemon creator's were losing their creative edge. He thought they were,I said they weren't). I think both X and Y look really cool, but I adore the Y legendary.

When it comes to conventions I mainly go to Anime/Video Game/Comic/Sci Fi conventions because it is all the stuff I am into all in one place! Like for example I went to Megacon in Orlando, FL in 2011 and I made a Tron Legacy t shirt out of white duck tape to give the glow effect at a distance and I had the deluxe edition identity disc on the back to that was covered in the same tape so it looks all together. As for what I make my costumes out of it really depends because I suck at making costumes, but I am good at making props. Most of my costumes are either made professionally or I find a simple way of putting it together by going out and buying certain materials like shirts, fabric glue, sewing thread, etc. If I could make them from scratch 100% every time I so would!

So even though you may not be able to make a costume, you can always buy them. That is what I did for 80% of mine Because I too am not artistic when it comes to sewing. Now traditional art (pencil and paper) I am great at

That's pretty creative! I like to go to a variety of cons, but my work only goes to Anime conventions so I usually go to them more. But I do go to PAX East on my own sometimes. I'm the reverse of your artistic ability. I'm very artistic when it comes to sewing and knitting and general costume-making, but I can not draw to save my life. Even my stick figures look like misshapen creations.

Ah okay, i love Animes myself! haven't seen that many yet, but they are great!
Kingdom Hearts is a truly awesome game, i can't wait for KH3 to be released
My favorite characters would have to be Sora, Axel and Terra.
Having to chose a favorite type is almost impossible to me, since i love a lot of types, and I'm especially interested in cool and unique type combos. I guess my 2 favorite type would be electric and fighting, followed closely by Fire and Steel. But if i had to pick one, I'll probably pick Fighting!
And btw, I've been hoping for a Electric/Fighting Pokemon since Gen3...let's hope we get one with X/Y!!

And talking about X/Y, I'm so extremely excited about the games and all the new aspects about them! Finally a 3D pokemon world with 3D battles, so awesome! Plus a whole bunch of Pokemon to get to know and learn to love I'll probably get Y first (because Yveltal looks extremely badass!) but sooner or later I'll end up having both i think ^^

I'd say my favorite characters from Kingdom hearts are Roxas, Sora, Ventus, and Luxord. I can't wait for KH3 to come out too! I'm so excited.

Omg an Electric/Fighting type would be incredible! I really hope they do all type combinations at some point. Have you both heard the rumors of Light and Sound being added? What do you think of if that actually happens? Honestly I'd like the new shift in the metagame. I think it would be interesting. And it would make sense to have a Sound type, only because its basically already in the game.

I'm seriously so excited for X/Y, I want to get Y for the same reason. I literally bought a 3DS just for those games!

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
Years
Man these messages are getting WAY long lol. Need to skype or something lol. Mine is darkholegames :) Feel free to add me everyone!

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
I added you on skype Dark Hole. mine has my name I think, Troy. But my skype is the same as my username trotz59

Back