• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I got a question about hacked rom's
idk if this is the right thread for this

but my question is are there any hacked nds rom's cuz I've searched all over and I can't find anything but I heard there was does anyone know about this if so pm me cuz I would like to play them

They do exist. Some hacks are Blaze Black (2) and Volt White (2), a RS remake, and a few others. There are threads on here, just not too many. Keep looking, you will find them.

Amd oh~! My last question, should i copy the script offset of it then paste it into Advance Map?

You have to compile it, then copy the script offset into A-Map.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2014
You need more than that, footprint table, habitat table, front sprite table, backsprite table, cry table, pokedex data table, pokemon data table, name table, pallet table, icon table, icon pallet table. Yeah... there's a patch in development for all 649, but honestly 411 is enough for one person. I know you won't use ones like farfetch'd, shuckle, anything you won't use, go ahead and replace.

Thanks for your response.

Oh, I found pointers from the "The 65535 pokemon" a couple of years ago. Do they seem right? It looks like people were able to edit past 440 after all.

And I'm making a Touhoumon hack, and I'm planning on adding a bunch of extra forms in the future. I already filled up 25 slots with just Dark Touhoumon, and I didn't even use them all. So yeah, I think I do need more than 411.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I made 412 possible, but other than that, I can't help you. (Burmy, I hate you as 412)

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2014
This probably isn't a simple question, but can anyone tell me where all of the pokemon name , sprite, move, etc tables are located?

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
That can all be found in the .ini provided with Gamer2020's Pokémon Game Editor

Spoiler:

karatekid552

Years
This must be the Picture of XSE right?
Link: CLICK ME
Then Click Compile and copy this[The one that i put Box on it]
THen Paste it here
Then save it.
and if i try it now this just happen
i already click A but still now working :/

Ummm, that is PKSV, which is still a good script editor, just not XSE. You did everything perfectly, the only reason nothing happened is because just code ran. The script ran, but just setting a flag does not make any visible changes. After doing this, go try to battle the battle that couldn't be battled before.(:p) It should work now.

Years
Ummm, that is PKSV, which is still a good script editor, just not XSE. You did everything perfectly, the only reason nothing happened is because just code ran. The script ran, but just setting a flag does not make any visible changes. After doing this, go try to battle the battle that couldn't be battled before.(:p) It should work now.

Any ideas where to download it aside from MediaFire? 'coz MediaFire is acting weird today ._.
EDIT: oh~ Nevermind ;P i already got it xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2014
Hey guys, simple question: it's possibly to determinate the Moves that a Pokémon get in a givepokemon script knows (GEN III)? (Like the Dratini that knows Extreme Speed in the GEN II/IV games.) If so, could someone please explain me how? Thanks in advance!

SilvioG.S

karatekid552

Years
Hey guys, simple question: it's possibly to determinate the Moves that a Pokémon get in a givepokemon script knows (GEN III)? (Like the Dratini that knows Extreme Speed in the GEN II/IV games.) If so, could someone please explain me how? Thanks in advance!

SilvioG.S

I did it for LockSmithArmy's Ultra Violet hack by giving the player the pokemon and then using ASM to adjust its move set. This is quite advanced, but the routines I used can be found in JPAN's thread "Pokemon Data Decrypting".

Any ideas where to download it aside from MediaFire? 'coz MediaFire is acting weird today ._.
EDIT: oh~ Nevermind ;P i already got it xD

Make sure it is v1.1.1 or the version that can be found on Gamer2020's tool thread.

Last edited:
Years
Hey, I was wondering why this overworld I inserted looks all wonky. The palette is messed up and I'm not sure why, but it looks completely fine in NSE. Anyone know why that is and how to fix it?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
There are unknown bytes associated with each OW, so if two have the same unknown byte, they will share the same pal in-game. in NSE press ctrl and M. Then in the bottom right, it says a sprite pointer or something. go there in a hex editor. you should find a string soon after XX 01 00 00. Change XX until it's ok in-game.

ShiningLust

Gym Leader of Ground Oden
Years
They do exist. Some hacks are Blaze Black (2) and Volt White (2), a RS remake, and a few others. There are threads on here, just not too many. Keep looking, you will find them.

You have to compile it, then copy the script offset into A-Map.

ok thanks i will keep looking idk if they did have any lol

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
hey 4 more newbie questions...
how can i add a new type? like fairy?
can i make a triple type pokemon?
can i make triple (or more) battles?
and can i make a massive evolution tree? like 4 in a line and 10 different branches?
cheers everyone:D
p.s. can i make teams bigger?
And can there be 4 player options not just boy/girl?
sorry i ask so many questions but i really wanna get into this :D

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
hey 4 more newbie questions...
how can i add a new type? like fairy?
can i make a triple type pokemon?
can i make triple (or more) battles?
and can i make a massive evolution tree? like 4 in a line and 10 different branches?
cheers everyone:D
p.s. can i make teams bigger?
And can there be 4 player options not just boy/girl?
sorry i ask so many questions but i really wanna get into this :D

1) Fairly simple ASM with a lot of hex editing.

2) ASM-> Advanced-> Very Advanced.

3) Highly advanced ASM and a massive amount of battle scripting.

4) Again... ASM and a ton of hex editing... Lines can be done in YAPE and PGE, but without hacking the routine, the most branches is 5.

5) You would need to hack the intro and write new code to load every sprite.

The things you want 95% of us couldn't accomplish. Why don't you learn the basics first.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
1) Fairly simple ASM with a lot of hex editing.

2) ASM-> Advanced-> Very Advanced.

3) Highly advanced ASM and a massive amount of battle scripting.

4) Again... ASM and a ton of hex editing... Lines can be done in YAPE and PGE, but without hacking the routine, the most branches is 5.

5) You would need to hack the intro and write new code to load every sprite.

The things you want 95% of us couldn't accomplish. Why don't you learn the basics first.

If you wanted to, you can change the ???-image, and just repoint and expand the type effectiveness table. Just remember to change Curse into a Ghost-type move.

Though that only adds one more type, it would allow for Fairy-type without hacking the routines.

karatekid552

Years
If you wanted to, you can change the ???-image, and just repoint and expand the type effectiveness table. Just remember to change Curse into a Ghost-type move.

Though that only adds one more type, it would allow for Fairy-type without hacking the routines.

That is a terrible way, because then all of your eggs will be fairy type.-_-

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2014
I did it for LockSmithArmy's Ultra Violet hack by giving the player the pokemon and then using ASM to adjust its move set. This is quite advanced, but the routines I used can be found in JPAN's thread "Pokemon Data Decrypting".

Thanks, man!

Another simple question: anyone knows what are the flags for getting the Frontier Symbols (both Silver and Gold) in Pokémon Emerald?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back