• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] A Unovan Tale [T] [OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
A Unovan Tale
Game Masters: [supporter]Ozymandias[/supporter] & Minerva
Rated T

Background & Plot

250px-Unova_2.png
It has been ten years since the champion Hilbert saved the Unova Region from the nefarious Team Plasma and their quest to "liberate" Pokemon from their trainers. The lands of Unova, from Opelucid, to Virbank, to Castelia are now at peace and the populations of Pokemon trainers have prospered. Hilbert was praised by all of Unova, and he decided to go even further in his journey to become an apprentice to Professor Elm, of Johto. You are a brand new trainer that just got their Poke-License. You decide you want to travel around the Unova region because you felt inspired by Hilbert's accomplishments and you want to be as good as he was. You decide to start off your new journey in Aspertia City where you will meet Professor Bianca. She will then ask you to travel the region and record data on the Pokemon that you find along the way. In return, she has promised to provide you with a Pokemon and Pokedex.

This is the perfect opportunity for a young trainer that's starting off, this means you. While you and many others are caught up in their Pokemon journeys there are whispers of the resurgence of Team Plasma. There have been reports of Pokemon being stolen, taken from one's hands. There were also rumors spreading around that Team Plasma is plotting their return and there's a new Sage leading the group. Who knows? Those *could* be rumors after all.

Never mind that silly gossip, your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold. You'll face fun times, happy times, sad times, and tough challenges. A journey of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits you! Let's go!

General Gameplay
This roleplay will be broken up into a multitude of chapters. Each one will have a number of different events that you may choose from, each event warranting a reward for its completion. However, there will be an overarching story that may take the place of these events. All the chapters will also have a main objective that you much complete by the end, such as making it to a certain town.

For the sake of not making things a pain, there will be no levels or IV/EV system. The RP will take a very anime-style approach on Pokemon. Since there are no levels, the Pokemon can earn new moves whenever the roleplayer sees fit, but please be reasonable about this. Also, since there are no levels, Pokemon will evolve through various items and possibly locations. These will be handed out by the GMs, but if you feel as if your Pokemon is progressing well, you should always point it out to us in the OOC.

You don't need the GM's approval to capture wild Pokémon. You can go ahead and capture any pokemon you want. Just try and be reasonable with it (making a long detailed post if the captured pokemon is rather rare or hard to catch) Available wild Pokémon, their level and attacks will be in the chapter description. For the time being, legendaries are off limits, but if we make it far there may be a little surprise in store. ;)

This RP is essentially going to take place during the events of Black 2/White 2. In spite of that, it has been ten years instead of the two years in which the canon of the game is. So in light of that fact there will be many changes such as gym leaders and other important NPC's.

Rules!
1. Follow all PokeCommunity/RPC rules and guidelines
2. The GMs, Ozymandias & Minerva, have the final say on the roleplay.
3. The rating is T for Teen. Romance up to kissing is ok. Minimal violence is also okay. Please don't go too crazy.
4. Try to be as active as possible. We understand that we can all be busy and such, but we gotta move on. If you won't be posting as much, let the GMs know in advance. However, you will be booted off if you do not return or if you go inactive without messaging us.
5. Be respectful to one another, and have fun cause isn't that what it's all about? lolno

Starter Pokemon
We have one spot open.

snivy.gif
[Monster Guy - Sabrina Regina Madison]
oshawott.gif
[Dragon - Lynn Colthearts]
duskull.gif
[Dansparce - Roy Summers]
tepig.gif
[DLMuerte - Hayate Fletcher]
elekid.gif
[Ozymandias - Peter Dogget]
magby.gif
[Fort Pokepower - Flicker Alison]
beldum.gif
[Quicksand - Sadie Hunt]
larvitar.gif
[OPEN]
ralts.gif
[Albunnie - Angel Evans]

Name: (anything you want it to be)
Appearance: (what does your character look like? what do they wear? One paragraph, include a picture.)
Personality: (how they act and react to certain situations and what not. 1-2 paragraphs.)
Goal: (some aspiration or dream they strive to achieve. Does not need to be too long)
Brief History: (a short synopsis of your character's life before the journey. 2 paragraphs)
Chosen Starter: (which starter pokemon will you be using?)
Other: (anything else you would like us to know)

Last edited:

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
Years
Name: Sabrina Regina Madison

Appearance: Sabrina's height is approximately 5'11", and when she wears high heels, she appears to be a few inches taller. She doesn't go into the sun all to often, claiming it's bad for your skin, so her skin is fair as a result. She has a slender build, but still has a feminine figure. Her straight, smooth, red hair falls to her waist, with short bangs that go to her eyebrows. She usually wears a maroon lace headband with a bow attached to it on top of her head to keep her hair tidy. She usually leaves down, but she'll sometimes put it into a high ponytail or bun when doing something where her hair needs to be out of the way. Her nose is small, and her almond shaped eyes are a striking shade of green. She doesn't wear a lot of make up, apart from red lipstick and eyeshadow on occasion, as well as concealer should it be necessary. She puts a lot of effort into maintaining her appearance, and she makes sure to keep her face clear of any blemishes, and to maintain a good weight.

Her outfits tend to vary, but her wardrobe can be described as being, "girly." It mostly contains a lot of pastels, and bright colors in general, especially pink, her favorite color. She has very expensive tastes, and has the money to afford it, or rather her parents do. All the clothes in her closet were either made by her using rare and/or expensive materials, or by a big name designer (who likely also used rare and/or expensive materials.) Knockoffs and cheap things make her skin crawl. (By cheap, she means low quality, it's possible for something to be inexpensive and still good.) She also accessorize with jewelry to flaunt her wealth. She also carries a white designer handbag to carry her things in. Her usual outfit is a short sleeved pink blouse, with a loose, frilly, knee length skirt thats a lighter shade of pink than the blouse is. On her feet, she wears a pair of pink ballet flats, which are the same color as her blouse. She'd rather wear heels, but she knows that isn't practical for this particular activity. Her ears are pierced, and she wears pearl stud earrings on her ears, a pink pearl necklace around her neck, and a pearl bracelet around her right wrist.

Personality: Sabrina is a proud, confident young woman. She can come off as arrogant sometimes, often overestimating herself, while underestimating others, but she does have a kind caring side somewhere deep down, someone just has to be willing to look for it. She is not shy in the slightest, and if given the opportunity, she will say exactly what she thinks, which often gets her into trouble, and offends people. She usually acts very serious and proper, and appears to have no tolerance for low-class behavior, but it's just an act, and she knows how to have fun if the circumstances are right. She is a strong willed individual, and once she's decided on something, it is very difficult to change her mind. Due to her wealthy upbringing, and being given whatever she wanted whenever she asked, she is spoiled, and has very high standards, and she gets upset if things do not meet those standards. She is very frivolous, and she's known for spending money like it grows on trees. Especially if it's someone else's money.

Sabrina values cuteness and beauty in all areas in her life. From her taste in clothes, to the people she associates with, to the kinds of Pokemon she chooses to capture. If your one of those people that do not meet her expectations. Depending on the person, she will avoid you, try to give you a makeover, or be needlessly cruel to you. As one would imagine, looks mean everything to Sabrina. She can often be seen studying her reflection in any reflective surface available. She despises dirt and ugliness with a passion. She hates sports, physical labor, camping, or anything that could possibly get her dirty and ruin her image. If forced to do them, she will complain. Something else she can't stand, bugs. The Butterfly-like Pokemon (Butterfree, Beautifly, Vivilion) are fine, it's the Durants, Pinsirs, and, Scolipedes etc. she can't stand.

She can be a nice person once you get to know her. This is noticeable when she's speaking to someone she finds to be cute, or has taken a liking to. She will act friendly towards them, and if they are younger than her, act like a sister to them. She's also quite generous to her friends. One thing that may surprise you, is that despite being a girly girl, she actually enjoys playing video games, and she has an extensive collection of games at home. (Though, you won't find any shooters or sports games in there. You will find some fighting games though, just nothing excessively violent.) She doesn't hide this fact, and she often brings a portable game system or two with her. She also has an interest in other things that others might consider geeky, such as anime and cartoons. Sabrina is also much smarter than people give her credit for. She received a formal education at an early age, and was able to do well in school without much effort. She enjoys designing and sewing cute outfits for herself and her Pokemon.

History: Sabrina was born in Nimbasa City, and has lived there her whole life. She was born the only child of one of the richest and most famous families in the region. From the time she was a young girl, her socialite mother groomed her daughter to follow in her footsteps, and become a Pokemon Trainer like she had been, and her grandmother had been before that. Sabrina has no idea what her parents actually do for a living, other than being businesspeople. All she knows is that both her parents make lots of money, and that they come from a long line of wealthy businesspeople. Due to their busy work schedules, they weren't able to be around as often as they would have liked. The only times she got to see both parents together, were at formal functions.

Feeling guilty about this, Sabrina's parents spoiled their daughter, and gave her whatever she asked for, often in excess. If she wanted a pony, she got 5 ponies, a stable to keep them in, riding lessons, and people to care for them. If she wanted Candy, she got her own Candy store. The latest C-Gear model? She got the next model before it was available to the public, and it was custom made just for her. As one can imagine, this made her very spoiled, and gave her a superiority complex. She often flaunted her wealth, and had little regard for people she felt were beneath her. Her parents were usually busy, and they never noticed their daughter's behavior.

For awhile, Sabrina was homeschooled by scholars and tutors that were handpicked by her parents. She received etiquette lessons, and was taught how to be a lady, as well as other things in order to groom her to inherit the family fortune. When she was thirteen, she was enrolled into a special battling school in Castleia City. She was able to ace the entrance exams and earn admission. She did very well in her classes, and maintained fantastic grades her entire time there. However, because of her condescending attitude, most of the other students treated her with indifference, and most of the friends she did have only hung out with her because of her family's wealth. Sabrina didn't care what they thought, believing that they were just jealous of her good fortune, and that she was better than them anyway. Despite being a social butterfly, Sabrina had no real friends. She acts like it doesn't bother her, but deep down, it does.

Despite everything, she excelled in her classes, and graduated first in her year. She received her Trainer's license, and could now officially be a Pokemon Trainer, and take on the Pokemon League challenge. After graduation, she travelled to the Pokemon Lab in Aspertia City to obtain a starter Pokemon. She's hoping they will have something that fits her taste.

Goal: To become a Champion Pokemon Trainer using the cute and pretty Pokemon she likes.

Chosen Starter:
snivy.gif
Persephone the female Snivy

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh wow! Already an SU! I'll need to have Chilidawg's final word before I approve you, so I'll set you as pending for now! It's really good!

& reserved, hubby!~

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
Years
I had that character lying around from another RP that never got started which was why I got it up so fast. xD Actually, I have a lot of premade characters lying around.

I also subscribed to the approval thread. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 14, 2023

Name: Musica Kohl || Age: 16 || Gender: Male

Appearance: Musica has shoulder length black hair, that spikes up from time to time when the arrant cow-lick decides to bother him. His eyes are a silky charcoal, and he tends to hunch his shoulders a bit, giving him less than stellar posture. He's lanky and awkward, but not exceptionally tall, reaching only 5'11" in height. He has a long face, and delicate features to go with it. Music is somewhat frail, and his limbs are thin and weak.

He wears a heavy grey and white patterned jacket most of the time, with a pale dress shirt underneath or a white T-shirt as the weather or situation dictates. His hat, an oddly bright red cap, can usually be found on his head, though he'll forgo it occasionally to instead have his hood up. A ratty pair of sneakers sit at the bottom of equally ratty jeans; though not poor, his clothes are old and worn through use.

He has a silver chain with a small pendant hanging from it that he wears everywhere. The pendant is shaped vaguely like what appears to be a key.

Spoiler:

Personality: Shy, but not unfriendly, he tends to hang back in conversations unless drawn in or if he has something to contribute. He talks with a stutter on occasion; usually when speaking in front of a large group or with someone unfamiliar. Regardless of his anxiety around others, he tries his best to be helpful and put his best foot forward when possible. Unfortunately he has a bad habit of letting others use him as a doormat as a result.

He tends to think somewhat poorly of himself, but often wonders if perhaps he could be something great one day. Musica wants very much to prove he has what it takes to go up in the world and be strong, both to himself and others. He wants to be brave, just like his hero Hilbert was!

Musica is cautious the first time he does anything, so it's not uncommon that he has to be coerced into doing things. His adventure is no exception, as it was only after weeks of badgering his parents managed to get him to make the decision to go out in the region to explore. Hopefully it will help him come out of his shell some.

larvitar.gif
Starter Pokemon: Larvitar (female) - Umbra

Goals: Musica wants very much to grow a back bone and finally be able to stop second guessing himself; he wants to be able to take charge for once. He'll have a hard time moving past his deep rooted anxiety and innate shyness, but he's determined.

To do so, he's hoping to take on the gym challenge, and become a trainer to take on the league. He's hoping working with more dangerous or at least hard to handle pokemon might help him boost his own moral a bit, so he's leaning towards fire types, and other types of pokemon that are bit riskier to handle. Maybe one day he might even settle down as a breeder if he learns ho to handle them well engh.

History: Musica was left orphaned early in life, but was taken in by a kindly uncle not long after. He only vaguely remembers his parents, but the few memories he does have of them he cherishes. The pendant around his neck had been his mother's before she passed on.

He tended to spend a lot of time simply wandering around the town to see what all was happening. He was friendly enough, and had a few friends, but most either left before him for their journeys, or simply chose not to leave at all. Quiet and reserved, he spent most of his time reading or standing in the background as his more outgoing friends did things.

round the age of seven, he was taken by his uncle to visit the nearby ranch, and decided then and there that whatever he did in life, it would have to somehow involve pokemon. It was only recently that being a trainer or breeder crossed his mind, and he's very carefully considering both options. He's deciding to give being a trainer a go first.

I still need to get a picture of him put up, but i hope this is good enough to reserve me a spot!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
If you do come up with more starters, I might pass Elekid and let him open back up. Just sayin'~

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
Welp, I'm done. Tell me if I missed anything or if you want me to change anything.

Spoiler:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
"He decided to take a single outfit" I'm...very interested in how Roy will handle with ONE outfit. Aside from that, accepted. :D

With the demand arising, I have spoken to the dawgy dawg about who will be the next three starters are, so we will be accepting 3 more RPers as of now. :D By the looks of it, the dawg wants to RP as well but he hasn't decided on WHAT STARTER. lol

The three new starters are now on the OP. If anyone would like to switch starters, let us know, but don't forget to change your SUs tho!

You guys have great SUs and aaaaaah i can't wait to get this started. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back