• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Maps ... Just Maps (from Loreena ◕‿◕)

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
Wow!! Your maps are really beautiful!
I really like that you use different sort of trees on each map and how well they blend together. I particulary like that first one with that dragon cavern <3

The issue i see with those maps are more for a gameplay perspective.
First, the path to walk in about all your maps is too narrow. Having only 1 tile to pass is often frustrating in road, for example if you use mach bike or just running shoes and you need to pass often through that tile, always bumping in a rock or a tree (of even an overworld pokemon!) get on the nerves a bit (at least it does for me!!)
The second issue is there's grass tile in village/town!
Third, each grass tile are far one of another. Training there would be hell =P

Years
It's all so pretty! I love the style, and the lighting on the first and last maps looks great. Are they going to be used for a game?

Also...I do think they're slightly crowded. For instance, the paths are sort of small for anyone to walk through comfortably, and while it's great there's a lot of variety in the plants it's a little much to put them all on one map so close together in my opinion. The second one looks very linear, and that would be okay if there was a little more space to move around the path. And I can't really see anywhere to walk except the south end on the third one.

Pretty much everything Darkwyvern said I agree with, especially the training bit...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Thanks for commenting!
It's true, those maps aren't playable, but they were for competitions - we've got a really big mapping community in Germany with monthly competitions and season finals. So they are only made to look well :)

I'm going to post some messages, then I'll show them in here (Weird 15 post-rule).

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
These are really cool :D

Darkywyvern has said most criticisms, however I also think your towns could perhaps have been a bit bigger? I know in Pokémon there are some tiny places, with two houses and a Pokémon Centre, but some of the really nice places have a structure, and some diversity for structures too (Rustboro City anyone?). That's the only thing I can see right now to add :P

It's nice to see another German face in A&D too, perhaps you could message me in German? (I need to get better)

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
They look very nice, and colorful, but I also feel that they're a bit crowded. It probably isn't as much when it would be in game, but at the moment the maps seem so extremely busy. They look great though.

Back